Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A victim turned into a survivor.  (Read 1772 times)

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: A victim turned into a survivor.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 05:28:10 pm »

Captain Ironblood could dual-wield them if he didn't consider crossbows a coward's weapon.

Oh, Captain Ironblood! Well, of course, that changes everything...

Yeah, as soon as he fires the last bolt in a stack of 30, he's gonna charge ahead, outpace his first bolt, and hammer every goblins to death while the shots he fired bounce off the back of his head.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 06:16:40 pm »

60 bolts - he was wielding two crossbows at the same time, each one with only 1 hand, remember?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:45 pm »

I had a dwarf once that had lost both legs, an arm, and an eye in a goblin siege early in the game. If I remember correctly that fortress was overrun by creatures of the HFS a few years later

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 12:55:34 pm »

I currently only have 2 dwarfs left (wild lands mod slapped in the face when I didnt watch) and now Its them and a cat defending my fort. I am hoping for surivors.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:39 pm »

I can't wait to see if we can forge metal prostheses for our dwarves, then we can be like Gotz the german mercenary or Guts from Berserk. Guts had a repeater crossbow attached to his metal arm, maybe that's what this dwarf can do. Apparently that's the normal kind of crossbow used in the game considering the rate of fire of champions is impossible with a normal crossbow.

Don't forget the cannon behind the protheses :o
Pages: 1 [2]