Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 5 - Game Over!  (Read 28013 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 2 - Horror in Mudhollow
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2009, 12:54:10 am »

The Whiteboard

Archangel: Flintus10
Webadict: Beacon80, Cheeetar, inaluct, Masami Phonix, Nuke9.13, Org, TheToeBighter98, Zaithemaster
Zaithemaster: Webadict
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:50 am »

I think we should just go ahead and end the day.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2009, 01:27:32 am »

Well, his point at this point was that he would be willing to help us kill the dopps and then die himself, just to have the satisfaction of helping the town win.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:18 am »

Let's face it, though; he's not gonna do that. You'd have to be painfully naive to think that he would.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:57 am »

I've been thinking and my suspicions of NUKE have reached lynching levels. Again he tried to get me lynched, which doesn't mean much on it's own, but when there was no bandwagon he switched to Web, claiming to be a reporter with evidence against him. Why didn't he do that in the first place? I think it's because he's a dopp, though I don't dispute his role claim.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2009, 03:47:20 am »

I still think we should lynch Webadict. He is trying to get it to a point where we HAVE to keep him alive, as opposed to now where we can safely lynch him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2009, 03:49:16 am »

I've been thinking and my suspicions of NUKE have reached lynching levels. Again he tried to get me lynched, which doesn't mean much on it's own, but when there was no bandwagon he switched to Web, claiming to be a reporter with evidence against him. Why didn't he do that in the first place? I think it's because he's a dopp, though I don't dispute his role claim.
I am not a doppelganger. You have my word. If you cut me, I will bleed. Blood, not weird ass alien gunk.

Webadict: You could have told me that. Mind you, you should have told me you were the telepath, then killed me next night.
Anyway, do we let you live? Chance you're a dopp. Chance you're an exterminator, who has a non-guaranteed chance of killing someone.
Conclusion: Greater chance you don't kill a dopp. So, no, die.
Long Live United Forenia!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2009, 04:28:33 am »

I am not sucpicious of Nuke but Archangel's actions have more than removed any doubts I had so I will unvote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2009, 07:31:10 am »

I am not a doppelganger. You have my word. If you cut me, I will bleed. Blood, not weird ass alien gunk.

Webadict: You could have told me that. Mind you, you should have told me you were the telepath, then killed me next night.
Anyway, do we let you live? Chance you're a dopp. Chance you're an exterminator, who has a non-guaranteed chance of killing someone.
Conclusion: Greater chance you don't kill a dopp. So, no, die.

Would've been pointless. I don't want to waste kills on Townies, since the Dopps will too.

I understand the argument that an exterminator alien can help the town.  Since if all the townies die, the dopps will kill him.  This argument, however, seems to go out the window the moment the townies know who he is, because now the moment all the dopps die, we kill him.
Well... there's not a whole lot I can do anyhow. It was either that, or lie and be found out and THEN lynched.

And technically, there is a less chance I'm a Dopp anyhow. Why? Think of it this way... There are 4 Dopps. 1 of them did the kill. Therefore, there are only 3 Dopps I could which is a lesser chance than anyone else can say (except for the dead guys).

He is a barrier to dopp victory, he has a night kill and we can dispose of him when the dopps are taken care of.

We cant foresee how things will turn, and if we don't take care of him now then we risk losing more important roles. That is, IF he joins us. Even then, how do we make sure of his loyalty? We must eliminate Webadict so we can concentrate on the bigger threat, otherwise we are toast.
Riiiight...

Let me make this clear. If I stay alive, I probably will kill Zaithemaster. I'll show he's a Dopp the hard way. It's either that or we lynch him.

He actually didn't want to, in case I was an important role. I understand his reasoning.

I still think we should lynch Webadict. He is trying to get it to a point where we HAVE to keep him alive, as opposed to now where we can safely lynch him.
Ideally, that would be my goal. However, I highly doubt that that would happen, since if it came to that, people would kill me. I'm just trying to give the Town an edge.

Okay, honestly, what am I doing that makes people scream doppleganger?  I seem to get seriously FoS'ed every single game, except the game where I actually was a doppleganger, because that one ended too short, and I have no idea why.  Hell, this time Webadict came after me for agreeing with him about who to lynch at the time.
Because agreeing with me doesn't help your case. If I die, I'm going to make sure I point out as many Dopps as possible.

So, in order, you should kill: Zaithemaster, TheToeBighter98, and Masami Phonix. After that, I'm not entirely sure. These seem to be the most likely.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2009, 12:34:40 pm »

I'm sorry Webadict, but you have to go. The evidence is staacked against you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2009, 03:08:38 pm »

I'm sorry Webadict, but you have to go. The evidence is staacked against you.
...Are you paying attention?

Do... do you even know what the "evidence" is? "Evidence" assumes I'm guilty of some crime that we are here to judge. I think not. I am an Exterminator. There is nothing there for you to judge, other than whether I live or die, which is not something that evidence can stack against someone. You are clearly not paying attention.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2009, 08:20:41 pm »

Hmmm, since we've had a lot more activity then usual this weekend, and things don't seem too likely to change too much, I think I'll close the day at ~9am Pacific tomorrow instead of 5. That should speed things up a bit.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2009, 11:38:59 am »

The Whiteboard

NUKE9.13: Archangel
webadict: Beacon80, Cheeetar, Frelock, inaluct, Kashyyk, Masami Phonix, NUKE9.13, Org, TheToeBighter98, Zaithemaster
Zaithemaster: webadict

The votes are tallied, and with 10 of the 14 surviors voting for webadict the verdict is clear. With a roar, the Exterminator Alien drops his disguise and hurls a table across the room. People dive out of its way, and as it shatters the hall's large windows the alien charges after it, somersaulting out of the window before all of the glass has hit the floor.

Kashyyk grabs up the executioner's rifle and rushes over to the window. As he fires at the fleeing alien. Bright blasts of blue energy hiss against the building as webadict returns fire. Kashyyk fumbles with the rifle, barely dodging out of the way of another bolt of energy as he reloads.

Finally, just as webadict is about to take cover behind a building, Kashyyk finds his mark. The bullet explodes the alien's head in a pshower of green gore, and the body falls limply to the ground.

You all stand around, feeling a little stunned. It was one thing to hear him say he was an alien, but being attacked by him was something else entirely!

After a bit you wander off to your houses to try and weather the night.

Ok, night roles, send in your PMs as soon as you can.

Night closes at ~9am pacific Tuesday morning, but if we can get them earlier I'd appreciate it.

As a warning, I'll be gone for Memorial day weekend from Thursday to Monday, so the game will take a hiatus at that point until I get back. If possible, I'd like to leave it on a day phase so you guys can at least discuss everything.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 3 - Blood of Three
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2009, 12:01:16 pm »

You awaken to a calm morning after a windy night. Sticks and leaves litter the streets as you make your way to the Town hall. Once there, you can see that Archangel, Cheeetar, and TheToeBighter98 are all missing. With heavy hearts you investigate each house to see what happened.

Archangel's body is found in a pool of blood in his kitchen. The trail of blood leads back to the dining room, where bullet holes in the glass reveal what happened to him. Around the house you can see many mystic tomes and items of power. Obviously, he was some sort of Warlock.

Cheeetar's body is found after a good amount of searching. He lies trapped beneith a large tree that fell on him during the night as he passed through a small glade. From his puffy face and discolored neck, you realize that he was bitten by a snake after he was trapped under the tree. Horrible way to die. Since he is dressed in fatigues and has a large rifle next to him, you think that he was some sort of Aggressive War Veteran. Probably slain by some Hex from the fallen Archangel.

At TheToeBighter98's house you find rooms full of strange inventions and bookshelves full of scientific manuals. He must have been some sort of Mad Scientist or something. In any case, the only trace of him that is left are some blood splatters on the wall near his workbench.

Grim news this day.

Day 3 will go until ~5pm Pacific time Wednesday, or until everyone has voted. Again, I'll be gone Thursday through Monday, so I'd like to leave you guys with a new Day phase if possible. If not, we'll just have a very long night.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 3 - Blood of Three
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:00 pm »

Players still alive
  • Beacon80
  • Flintus10
  • Frelock
  • inaluct
  • Kashyyk
  • Masami Phonix
  • NUKE9.13
  • Org
  • Zaithemaster
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15