Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 5 - Game Over!  (Read 28028 times)

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 2 - Horror in Mudhollow
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2009, 02:51:53 pm »

That beats any suspicion I have on others, and has the votes to back it up.

Webadict
Say what? The votes? You serious, here? Why does everyone let these kinds of things go? They should be pointed out the moment they're posted.

Masami Phonix is obviously a Doppelganger as well. That makes 3.

I'm not sure what "kind of things" you mean, but to clarify what I meant by "the votes to back it up" I mean that since there are other people voting for it, I feel comfortable that I will be contributing to getting somebody lynched today, rather than ending up as one of those guys who is the only one voting for person X and ends up not contributing in the end.

As I've stated before, my primary concern is getting somebody lynched today, as I feel it's our only chance of winning.  I wish it wasn't you Webadict, since you've got a reasonably good head on your shoulders and seem pretty good at these games, but at this point, I feel I have to support Nuke's decision.  He's got more evidence, albeit circumstantial than anybody else.  If anything more compelling comes out, I'll gladly switch my vote.

That being said, you're insistance that I "must be a dopp" seems a bit over the top, although I'm wondering if that's connecting to what you think I meant in that previous statement, which I hope you will clarify for me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »

I vote webadict. What could he have done at Pandar's house other than kill him?

Also. Half of webadict's reasoning to vote for me is apparently that I voted no lynch. I did not, however, vote no lynch. I abstained, though Meph seems to have counted that as no lynch, when it's not. I had unvoted Masami because he had posted and did not act scum-like when doing so.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 03:01:37 pm »

That beats any suspicion I have on others, and has the votes to back it up.

Webadict
Say what? The votes? You serious, here? Why does everyone let these kinds of things go? They should be pointed out the moment they're posted.

Masami Phonix is obviously a Doppelganger as well. That makes 3.

I'm not sure what "kind of things" you mean, but to clarify what I meant by "the votes to back it up" I mean that since there are other people voting for it, I feel comfortable that I will be contributing to getting somebody lynched today, rather than ending up as one of those guys who is the only one voting for person X and ends up not contributing in the end.

As I've stated before, my primary concern is getting somebody lynched today, as I feel it's our only chance of winning.  I wish it wasn't you Webadict, since you've got a reasonably good head on your shoulders and seem pretty good at these games, but at this point, I feel I have to support Nuke's decision.  He's got more evidence, albeit circumstantial than anybody else.  If anything more compelling comes out, I'll gladly switch my vote.

That being said, you're insistance that I "must be a dopp" seems a bit over the top, although I'm wondering if that's connecting to what you think I meant in that previous statement, which I hope you will clarify for me.
You don't vote solely to lynch though. You vote because you think the person is a Dopp, or lynching them satisfies some sort of overall grand scheme, though that usually applies to the Dopps (Although, you can see Round 2 for the Town's version.)

And you think that I shouldn't say who I think is a Dopp? That achieves nothing. If I die, I might as well give all the information I have. Doing nothing lets the Doppelgangers win. It's kind of this big death cycle where we lose.

The Dopps also want to see somebody lynched. Somebody that isn't a Dopp. The more you speak, the more certain I am of your guilt.

I vote webadict. What could he have done at Pandar's house other than kill him?

Also. Half of webadict's reasoning to vote for me is apparently that I voted no lynch. I did not, however, vote no lynch. I abstained, though Meph seems to have counted that as no lynch, when it's not. I had unvoted Masami because he had posted and did not act scum-like when doing so.
Quite wrong. It's simple really. He who complains is the Town's bane.

If you guys are indeed as clever as you think you are, I have one question: How did chaoticjosh die?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2009, 03:04:38 pm »

Unvote.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2009, 03:12:49 pm »

If you guys are indeed as clever as you think you are, I have one question: How did chaoticjosh die?

What is this? Some kind of twisted version of Lynch All Liars? Stating the town's predicament is now a crime?

Josh was obviously killed by the Dopps. I don't see what you're getting at here.

You are either an Exterminator, the Dopps' chosen killer for last night, or a terrible Aggressive War Vet.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2009, 03:26:36 pm »

or a terrible Aggressive War Vet.
Yeah no. Webadict is a good player. He is indeed either the exterminator or a dopp. And he is bullshitting his way out of trouble. With his
NUKE is Town aligned, everyone. Don't blame him. He IS Town aligned!
If he is so sure of my townyness (which I don't get, as you can have a dopp reporter), why not tell me his role when I asked why he visited pandarsenic?
Where were you last night, webadict? I think you were visiting pandarsenic.
Why?
I'm afraid I'm in need of a particular role. You may or may not be the Reporter. However, I cannot talk to you unless you are the one I'm looking for. The Town's fate lies in our hands.
Indeed, why not roleclaim now, so that we can kill someone else? No, webadict just struck unlucky with the 'getting followed' thing. Not his fault. He defends himself admirably, despite the futility. Indeed, I find myself, even now, wondering whether I am making the right choice.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2009, 03:35:35 pm »

What is this? Some kind of twisted version of Lynch All Liars? Stating the town's predicament is now a crime?

Josh was obviously killed by the Dopps. I don't see what you're getting at here.

You are either an Exterminator, the Dopps' chosen killer for last night, or a terrible Aggressive War Vet.
You've never heard of Mafiascum, have you? There's quite a bunch of little tidbits everyone should know before playing Mafia. One of the sections they have is on Mafia Theory. The scum tells can be found here.

Funny enough, assuming Masami Phonix is a Dopp, you qualify for several!

Second, you're wrong. I cannot be the Dopp's chosen killer, because chaoticjosh was KILLED BY THE DOPPELGANGERS!

That does not, however, exclude me from being a Doppelganger. It merely excludes me from being the one that killed. However, it does not necessarily make me a killer either.

However...

You've purposefully left off several choices, Zai, giving a false sense of urgency for the Town. This is how I'm now 100% sure of your Doppelganger-ness. You've voted Masami (again, assumption), in a way to push away from him or him from you in case one of you is found out. Also, read up on gloating.

I will not unvote. I am sure he is a Dopp. I can take the death tonight. I don't care.

or a terrible Aggressive War Vet.
Yeah no. Webadict is a good player. He is indeed either the exterminator or a dopp. And he is bullshitting his way out of trouble. With his
NUKE is Town aligned, everyone. Don't blame him. He IS Town aligned!
If he is so sure of my townyness (which I don't get, as you can have a dopp reporter), why not tell me his role when I asked why he visited pandarsenic?
Where were you last night, webadict? I think you were visiting pandarsenic.
Why?
I'm afraid I'm in need of a particular role. You may or may not be the Reporter. However, I cannot talk to you unless you are the one I'm looking for. The Town's fate lies in our hands.
Indeed, why not roleclaim now, so that we can kill someone else? No, webadict just struck unlucky with the 'getting followed' thing. Not his fault. He defends himself admirably, despite the futility. Indeed, I find myself, even now, wondering whether I am making the right choice.
I'm sure of your Townieness, solely because of that pm. No Dopp would ever dare do that.

And yes, NUKE, you did the right thing, just in the wrong way.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »

You've purposefully left off several choices, Zai, giving a false sense of urgency for the Town. This is how I'm now 100% sure of your Doppelganger-ness.

I merely stated those that could kill, as you went to Pandar's house the night he was killed. If you did not kill him, then why not simply tell us what you did there?

And you're right. You couldn't have been the Dopps' killer, since you went to Pandar's house. Excuse my tired mind; I was running around all day yesterday, and today I've been cleaning. Using Nuke's logic, who you are so certain of being a townie without having any real proof, you can't be an AWV. So that just leaves the Exterminator.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2009, 03:51:55 pm »

I didnt?
Quite, but it's mostly the first I'm worried about. Usually, you're slightly active, however, this Round you are not. Also equally unimportant, Gambler's Fallacy would show that you are more likely than a lot of others, seeing as how you haven't been a dopp for the last three rounds.
Also, webadict is talking about the Gambler's Fallacy and saying that it's valid. He was a dopp in all previous rounds except for round 2, so you would use the fallacy to try and reason that because he's been an anti-town role so often before, it's unlikely now. It's a fallacy.

Obviously, he did that earlier to try and throw suspicion off of himself. A townie wouldn't go to such lengths to do that. I support the exterminator alien idea.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2009, 05:43:24 pm »

You've purposefully left off several choices, Zai, giving a false sense of urgency for the Town. This is how I'm now 100% sure of your Doppelganger-ness.

I merely stated those that could kill, as you went to Pandar's house the night he was killed. If you did not kill him, then why not simply tell us what you did there?

And you're right. You couldn't have been the Dopps' killer, since you went to Pandar's house. Excuse my tired mind; I was running around all day yesterday, and today I've been cleaning. Using Nuke's logic, who you are so certain of being a townie without having any real proof, you can't be an AWV. So that just leaves the Exterminator.
Because roleclaiming rarely helps the Town, and instead helps the Dopps significantly more. They find out who to kill and when. It's a bad move on our part to do so. All the Dopps have to do is dogpile a person and they might be forced to roleclaim, thereby gaining knowledge.

I didnt?
Quite, but it's mostly the first I'm worried about. Usually, you're slightly active, however, this Round you are not. Also equally unimportant, Gambler's Fallacy would show that you are more likely than a lot of others, seeing as how you haven't been a dopp for the last three rounds.
Also, webadict is talking about the Gambler's Fallacy and saying that it's valid. He was a dopp in all previous rounds except for round 2, so you would use the fallacy to try and reason that because he's been an anti-town role so often before, it's unlikely now. It's a fallacy.

Obviously, he did that earlier to try and throw suspicion off of himself. A townie wouldn't go to such lengths to do that. I support the exterminator alien idea.
I never once stated that the Gambler's Fallacy was accurate. Only that it is a good source to go off of in case of little other information, and indeed it does show a little bit actual use. However, someone could theoretically play an infinite amount of games and never be Mafia.

However, you really want to win this round, Zai, then I am indeed the Exterminator Alien. However, I will now henceforth try to prove my beneficial nature, as far as a murderous Alien can be.

The Exterminator Alien has a goal, in which he must eliminate every single person. Not probable in its own right, I had the significant inconvenience to be the Alien, AS WELL as being the winner in the last three Rounds. Therefore, I was subject to being targeted by AT LEAST one person, if not two or five. My own real problem was you NUKE. *sigh*

However, as you all seem to have preconceived connotations on my role, let me give you a brief lesson:

I am not, in fact, anti-Town. I am, what I like to call, anti-everyone. Therefore, I am more harmful to the Dopps alive than I am dead, as I can kill them without having to lynch, as opposed to only killing Doppelgangers. I am merely a Aggressive War Vet, except with some fancy gizmos, a lot more aggression, and natural tendency for everything to hate me.

However, I also can no longer win, due to my own inability to sit back and do nothing (I just had to kill someone last night. I couldn't wait, despite it being better for your odds.) I am also not a Doppelganger, who are specifically anti-Town, and therefore capable of allowing the Town to win. Seeing as how I can no longer win by myself, I will now try my darndest to make sure the Dopps cannot win.

Not once have I lied in my posts. If in fact, chaoticjosh had scanned me, it would've turned up Human. I merely needed a way into a Town base, in order to find the Dopps. Those in Town base have a smaller chance of being Dopps themselves.

The biggest reason why you should not lynch me is that I cannot win if the Dopps win. I've listed how pro-Town the Exterminator is, and is only anti-Town in your Town eyes because he has to kill you too. Don't let the Dopps fool you! It is not so.

I've already told you Zaithemaster is one. What do I lose by helping the Town? I only lose by helping the Dopps, since I'm killed that way.

If you do feel that lynching me is necessary, do so. But, I do not win either way, and me killing Townies does not allow me to win anyhow (and will get me killed regardless). It is, as Pandarsenic put it, "infinitely more satisfying to help the Town win" as an Alien. I cannot win myself, but I will certainly choose to help the Town win regardless.

What say you now? Can you truly kill another AWV? Could you kill one to begin with?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2009, 06:05:21 pm »

I've listed how pro-Town the Exterminator is

Oh, come on. Seriously.

No one is stupid enough to believe your frantic assertions that the Exterminator is actually pro town.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2009, 06:08:53 pm »

Yea....

Webadict.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »

He basically admitted it, so Webadict must die!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2009, 07:17:46 pm »

I think this is a bad idea...
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »

I am going to be voting Webadict, because of the similarities between Round 3 and this round, mostly his frantic attempts to protect himself.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15