Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 5 - Game Over!  (Read 28001 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - New Round 4 - Day 1 is on!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:27 am »

I find it odd that four people vote no lynch, in quick succession.
It's probably nothing (kind of contrary to the dopp's goals), but still. What with the high concentration of anti-town roles, a random lynch is not such a bad move.
I'm changing my vote to Archangel for now, as Flintus's no internet claim makes randomly voting for him a little mean.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 10:46:45 am »

NUKE is right. No lynching isn't a good idea. First of all, it stops us from having a good pool of votes to search from later. Also, just because we have power roles does not help us win the game. It is the lynching that let's us win.

Except in Round 2, where about 500 War Vets let us win.

Anyhow, we should vote, even if we don't lynch. Even FoSing would be better, as voting No Lynch doesn't do anything for the rest of us.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:00 am »

Alright unvote.  Webadict, whom do you suggest?  We've got anywhere from a 26%-40% chance at hitting an enemy of the town on the first lynch.  Assuming that half the town have power roles (likely an underestimate) that means we have a 30%-37% chance of lynching a town power role, about as much chance as lynching a dopp.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 11:37:46 am »

Sorry I've been quiet since the restart but our internet went down and I've spent all day trying to get it going again.

I don't really have much to say so far.  I'm guessing we don't have a DoT this time, or else whoever is one hasn't gotten on yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 12:33:33 pm »

Okay! I'm here. Right I didn't even know that we had a new thread for this, so I'm gonna ask the question why do we have it?

BTW: Until Beacon08 unvotes me I shall vote him. (If I haven't changed it at the end of the day could you do that for me Meph?)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 12:51:01 pm »

Sure.

The reason for the new thread is that Beacon accidentally posted a message here that was supposed to go in the Dopp chat that exposed both him and Masami as Dopps. Simple mistake, but it basically ruined any chances the dopps had of winning, so we decided to just restart the game with new roles for everyone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 12:51:55 pm »

Ah, that explains it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 01:00:41 pm »

Alright unvote.  Webadict, whom do you suggest?  We've got anywhere from a 26%-40% chance at hitting an enemy of the town on the first lynch.  Assuming that half the town have power roles (likely an underestimate) that means we have a 30%-37% chance of lynching a town power role, about as much chance as lynching a dopp.
Very useful power roles can roleclaim, preventing their deaths. Dopps can try roleclaiming too, but in the event of a second person roleclaiming the same role, they are in deep shit, cos we know one of the two is a dopp, so we lynch one at random (or based on voting patterns or other evidence) 50% chance of dopp kill. Then if the suspect was town, we lynch the other. 100% chance of dopp kill. Win!
So, let us make with the random lynchings.
Can we get a majority against Archangel?

Kashyyk; OMGUS is scummy. Don't do it. Even if you are a scum.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 01:18:45 pm »

Any particular reason you want to take down Archangel?  I mean, he's as good a target as any (you were a name out of a hat, Kashyyk), but I feel like if I just switch over to Archangel, everyone will accuse me of bandwagoning and vote for me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 01:25:38 pm »

Any particular reason you want to take down Archangel?  I mean, he's as good a target as any (you were a name out of a hat, Kashyyk), but I feel like if I just switch over to Archangel, everyone will accuse me of bandwagoning and vote for me.
Because random lynching is a good idea right now. We have no information, yet good chances of killing a dopp/evil alien. I feel no particular problem with Archangel, although he did bandwagon no lynch. But really, I picked flintus10 at random, but he is having connection trouble, and I can't bring myself to kill someone for no reason who can't defend him self. And Archangel was directly above his post.
Seeing as I am asking for people to bandwagon Archangel, it is to me the accusations of bandwaggoning should go (should they emerge).

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 02:13:20 pm »

Fair enough.  Your right.  Probabilities on our side, so we should lynch someone.  I'll switch my vote to Archangel

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 02:29:09 pm »

The Whiteboard

Archangel: NUKE9.13, Beacon80
Masami Phonix: Zaithemaster
No Lynch: Archangel, Flintus10, TheToeBighter98
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 02:38:59 pm »

Because I don't believe that no lynch is a good idea for the town, I'm going to vote Archangel too and hope we get a fourth vote to push it above the abstain votes.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:35 pm »

Alright, I unvote Masami.

While Nuke's logic is sound (I suppose), I don't think ganging up on anybody is a good idea at this point. For now, I abstain.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »

If it's a tie between Archangel and No Lynch, No Lynch wins, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15