Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Submarine blueprints  (Read 8386 times)

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
Submarine blueprints
« on: May 13, 2009, 07:00:06 am »

Can anyone find me some moderately detailed submarine blueprints (in readable size). I don't care what it's of, as long as it's a submarine. Please don't ask me why. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME WHY.

Stormbringer951 withdraws from society...
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Submarine blueprints
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:02:59 am »

Why?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:04:05 am »

the blue prints for actual working submarines are likely several hundred pages, heck, several thousand pages long
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 07:16:17 am »

Besides that, the modern nuclear submarine's bluprints are probably classified.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:17:38 am »

maybe normal diving equipment would be sufficent for your needs ?
how long and how deep do you want to go ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

if you want a veeery simple one person submarine, that need a above water base, then it should be easy enough.

if you need to stealthy go underwater and deep, with a crew and such for days... then you might try to buy one. they cost some millions though.

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:32:28 am »

I'm not making one. I don't need a military one. I just want the layout of a submarine :)
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:45:44 am »

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/ships/submarines-germany/4033/view/dkm_u_boat_type_vii_c_1941/. Register to get a good size image.

Although I think you could do your own google-fu as well.

If you want a more modern-looking submarine you could check out the type XXI boat pictures, that's the design pretty much every modern sub heralds back to. I doubt you'll find any real blueprints of post WW2-subs as those are highly guarded secrets, and there are very few good-sized civilian subs.

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:04 am »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:19 am »

Thats fine man, its what we're here fo-ARE YOU A COMMIE SPY? WELL?

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 07:20:49 am »

Erm, well....  :-X

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 07:26:00 am »

HA! YOU HESITATED, INDICATING THAT YOU ARE IN FACT A COMMIE SPY NO NEED FOR A TRIAL HAUL HIM OFF NOW.

Okay, that's out of my system. Anyway, why did you want the plans? Curiosity? I've always wondered what it was like in a submarine. I couldn't hack it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 07:26:36 am »

fuh fuh fuh  Come now son, you can tell us.  What's a lad like you need with submarine blueprints, eh?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 07:49:24 am »

I'm pretty sure that blueprints of the Hunley aren't hard to find.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 11:23:10 am »

Dammit. Where's the Kalashnikov?
Pages: [1] 2