Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ATTN: Tarn Adams  (Read 5130 times)

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ATTN: Tarn Adams
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:27:41 am »

Out of all of the games I've played over the years, no game has been able to hold my interest so intensely and for so long. My friends all think I'm weird, spending hours upon hours sinking my time into the game.

You've got me hooked, Tarn.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: Tarn Adams
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:03 am »

I second that and add that no other forum have held my interesst more than a week or two. Here i keep comming back since I found DF

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:18:50 am »

He's got an email address, you know.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:16:33 am »

And yet, this is still a valid way of getting the message across.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 05:31:23 am »

Which reminds me, I should really donate again soon. It's sad to see that I still havent payed more than 10$ for this amazing game... (so far^^) Yet it is one of those few games that I keep coming back to, and sink way too many hours into
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:08:49 am »

Plus, we can't all properly sign an e-mail. Well, we could, but it'd be harder.

Remind me to pawn something off so I can donate properly... Maybe a handfull of lesser games.

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:44 am »

Plus, we can't all properly sign an e-mail. Well, we could, but it'd be harder.

Remind me to pawn something off so I can donate properly... Maybe a handfull of lesser games.

I was saving up for a Playstation III but I'm pretty sure that every PSIII-exclusive game put together won't provide as much entertainment as DF, so I know where that nest egg is going :)

--K

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:47:49 pm »

Yes Dwarf Fortress is awesome.  I often switch games every few months sometimes coming back to previous ones but before I never really played 1 game for more than a couple months at a time.

That all changed late 2007 when I discovered Dwarf Fortress.  And it was good.  In anticipation for the release I havent been playing as much as I used to. 

But according to records steam keeps(taking the total time ingame and subtracting the time from games steam does keep specific 'time playing' stats to find the time spent playing DF) I've still been playing DF for 8 hours a week.  Which is amazing for me after 1.5 years. 

Excellent work Toady. (signed)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 01:48:40 pm »

Out of all of the games I've played over the years, no game has been able to hold my interest so intensely and for so long. My friends all think I'm weird, spending hours upon hours sinking my time into the game.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Also, why is it "weird" if you play too much with a specific game? It's your own business.  ;)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 07:01:54 pm »

Yeah, I feel the same way. Also, why is it "weird" if you play too much with a specific game? It's your own business.  ;)

Dwarf fortress is a particularly odd game from an outsider's point of view. They look at the screen and see a byzantine maze of flashing symbols; it looks like he's just staring into the matrix. Then he yells "I JUST THREW A BABY ELF THROUGH IT'S MOTHERS BLADDER!"

See why people think he's strange?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

I... at this rate, I guess I gugleplex this. :o This has to be one of the most unique games I've played in all of its features. I love DF quite a lot, and we have Tarn to thank for it.

Thanks, Toady! ;D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Skooma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 10:53:18 pm »

So it goes.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 06:50:35 am »

Dwarf fortress is a particularly odd game from an outsider's point of view. They look at the screen and see a byzantine maze of flashing symbols; it looks like he's just staring into the matrix. Then he yells "I JUST THREW A BABY ELF THROUGH IT'S MOTHERS BLADDER!"

Haha, made me laugh! It's funny because it's true ^^
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:00 am »

Haha, made me laugh! It's funny because it's true ^^
The fact that it is true makes me happy.

KilgoreTrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 02:22:02 am »

So it goes.

Everytime a dwarf dies, I comfort myself to know that they still exist, as they always will, and always have.
Pages: [1] 2 3