Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810970 times)

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6840 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:40 am »

Alright, today I have some free time to put my old laptop up as permanent server. My internet still tends to have problems, but if this works out, the server will at least be on when I'm sleeping.

I'm not going to host a Bazaar repository though.

Oh, by the way, why does git not support ftp? Couldn't you just mount a remote repository and access it through your local file system?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: January 22, 2010, 12:50:58 pm »

I have the sudden urge to be a chaplain, launching dead bodies into space in coffins with bombs inside of them. Would be better if they were proper torpedos, but coffins with bombs would suffice.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: January 22, 2010, 01:08:42 pm »

Say hooray, for my laptop is now set up and directly connected to my router. Should do as a permanent server. I'm also using it to host right now: byond://cib123.dyndns.org:1076 as always.

(It's always public since the devs were too lazy to put a private option into the linux executable)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: January 22, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »

Anyone have any experience with KAINY B? He seems to like our server, but is very aggressive and doesn't seem to know what he's doing, plus very demanding.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: January 22, 2010, 05:08:59 pm »

That guy from last night?  He kept trying to drag people into the plasma room and fire dudes out the mass driver.  A griefer, I'd think.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6845 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »

Just a note: If someone is trying to push you out an airlock, do not fight them, lie down if they are being careless. They will space themselves.

SS13 is like DF: Lying down allows others to pass. SS13 is *not* like DF: You can stand up while someone else is too.
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: January 22, 2010, 06:38:08 pm »

@CIB, Mapping an FTP location to the local filesystem would work as well

Also, I'm still in support of Johbson bringing his server up every so often. He seams to have a lot of bandwidth.
So his server lags alot less

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: January 22, 2010, 07:44:28 pm »

Oh, can I put in a request for Eye Stabbing to be removed, and simply have it do large amounts of damage. It's almost impossible for an admin to fix the damage, and we almost always have to transfer people who get stabbed that way by a griefer to a new body.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: January 22, 2010, 08:00:25 pm »

Tried the zombie trick?

If it fails, someone needs to add eye damage removal to zombification.

Zombification should heal all non-genetic damage, but only work on non-zombies(even non-zombie corpses). If it fails to heal something, it needs to be updated.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: January 22, 2010, 08:04:08 pm »

Yep, tried the zombie trick. I think what is happening is that the eye organs are getting removed or something after enough stabs. No damage to cure at that point.

Also, CIB, someone either crashed your server, or your internet got wonky.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: January 22, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Well, then, regenrating eyes is simply a TODO in the zombification away. Once someone gets around to it...
Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:31 pm »

How is this 457 pages long‽‽

In addition. Is the community all right? From what I've read, 50% of the people are childish people who whine in allcaps about their bans, and 80% of the rest are bitter players or trigger-happy admins who mock newbies and ban them constantly...

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: January 22, 2010, 10:13:45 pm »

That's why we don't like playing with them so much and keep the games closed. I've taken the server down because noone was playing, I'll put it up again over the night.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: January 23, 2010, 04:02:30 am »

can't connect to cib's server... is it up?

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: January 23, 2010, 07:50:51 am »

Seems that when I start a command in putty and close putty, it will close the command, too.. Also, it seems the laptop's fan is too loud to put it there permanently, family's complaining.. I will have to think of something else.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 950