Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810989 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6795 on: January 18, 2010, 10:05:25 pm »

Wow, I looked into this, as it seems like a fun game to play, so I started to look around on the ss13.org site.

Oh, my, god.

The forums are a hazy mess of bots and angry posters decrying the goons, decrying the developer, decrying the decryers, and basically just swearing at everyone.

The wiki is practically empty, with nearly all the articles being filled by bots.

What happened here?  And how did the original developer of such a cool game become such a pariah?

More importantly, why didn't a similar thing occur here at B12?  What determines the success of independent developers?

You don't want to know.  Trust me.  There were two forums before it, which were a bit better, and didn't have spambot issues.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: January 18, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

So yeah, horrible metagamers that round. Johbson, remember how I said I was only non head AND lawyer. Well, everyone ran into my office and arrested me for being the revo having done nothing at all. Woose was a part of that.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: January 18, 2010, 10:57:40 pm »

On behalf of the sanity of everyone, I have taken the server down for tonight.

So yeah, horrible metagamers that round. Johbson, remember how I said I was only non head AND lawyer. Well, everyone ran into my office and arrested me for being the revo having done nothing at all. Woose was a part of that.

I had complaints about you too, ya know.

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »

server crash?

i had nothing to do with the meta gaming
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:00:36 pm by Thrain »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: January 18, 2010, 10:59:32 pm »

On behalf of the sanity of everyone, I have taken the server down for tonight.

You make me sad, sir knight.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: January 18, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »

[DFC] The Great Johbson: Im going to take the server down on behalf of the sanity of everyone.
[DFC]Woose: Thanks
[DFC] The Great Johbson: Plus, I want to play something else >.>
[DFC] The Great Johbson: Thrain is awesome at reading

:P

Also, beorn, weren't you throwing smoke bombs and spawning C02 as well? And turned invisible with a cloak?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: January 18, 2010, 11:01:52 pm »

Alright, fair enough. Not sure what the complaints were though.

Woose, no. Andrew I think was the one throwing smoke bombs, I went into my filing cabinet to hide, and I spawned CO2 after everyone arrested me for no reason.

Edit: Oh, I was the Revo leader that round, so if I DID have a cloak, I would have used my signaler.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:05:15 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: January 18, 2010, 11:09:34 pm »

Hey its stavman12, sorry, i was part of the metagaming "stuff" but shutting the server downs a bit OTT isint it? Sorry if i come out sounding rude but im just saying my view.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: January 18, 2010, 11:12:09 pm »

It's hosted during the weekends fairly often, it wasn't just shut down because of that.

Beorn, sorry then if you weren't cloaking. I was nearly AFK when shit went down so I was kind of confused as to what happened. I guess people assuming you were the Rev leader was due to mind powers/telekinesis.  :P

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: January 18, 2010, 11:14:07 pm »

I jumped out of a filing cabinet and said boo. I was then tazed, handcuffed, buckled in, blindfolded, and beaten. All with no evidence and no reason. They didn't even empty my pockets which still had the flash in them.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: January 18, 2010, 11:15:04 pm »

I still say mind powers were involved somehow. : D

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: January 18, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »

so theres no chance of the server coming back up again today?

EDIT:Ignore that i saw the post about it not being opened again today

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: January 18, 2010, 11:30:03 pm »

Maybe later, before I go to bed, but for now, no server, I think everyone needs some sleep. Plus I would really like to play something that isnt SS13 and when I host SS13, thats all I can play without extreme slowdown.

Also, OTT stands for what? Open Transport Tycoon? =p

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:25 pm »

OTT= over the top  ;)

Oh ok thats cool, i live in a different timezone so i didint realise what time it was there.  ;D

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #6809 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:54 am »

I think the word you search for is "sentient". Not sapient. Seriously.

Sentience is the cerebral ability to feel emotion. Pain, pleasure and so on.
Cows are sentient.

Sapience is being able to act with appropriate judgement. To actually think and not just follow instinct or prescripted commands.
IE: Homo Sapiens.

Seriously.

I'd never want a sentient AI, it'd eventually just start sulking and write dreary poetry.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 950