Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811075 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6705 on: January 14, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »

Well, the ban has been removed from my little brother, witch puts Johbson in much better standing with me.

So, hes back online and probably hunting some monkey meat, having a good time.

Its back to DF for me though, so seeya later then.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: January 14, 2010, 08:50:01 pm »

i probably should have mentioned this earlier. QuakeIV has had the new station code before i think he was one of the first to try to host unforchently there was a rather bad bug in it (something to do with the AI upload room turrets and a infinity loop.)

then agen i could be have remembered wrong.

-new topic-
are you allowed to make modifications to the new station? that is if you have the code.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:54:20 pm by Thrain »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: January 14, 2010, 09:23:54 pm »

Yeah. If I remember correctly, the control room for the prototype needs expanding (nothing major, just... one more row please), the arrival shuttle needs windows, and the airlock into the research lab has no name, just being called "Airlock". Which is mildly annoying.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: January 14, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

With working on the station, try to get the latest code first
If two people make modifications then there is no way to merge them without someone redoing all their work

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #6709 on: January 14, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »

Isn't Bazzar there for that? Though, having said that, it's not always available at the moment. I must confess though, Bazzar feels clunky compared with SVN (or CVS even, if I'm honest) Would it be possible for us to set up an SVN repository someplace, it may make handling the code a bit easier.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: January 14, 2010, 09:45:47 pm »

Yeah, but the maps are binary files I think, not text.
No easy way to merge.

Also I'm looking at getting a low-end VPS for hosting the code, and maybe a bugtracker

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: January 14, 2010, 09:48:00 pm »

For the love of god, remove the beds in the arrival shuttle. I've had to issue ban warnings to get people to stop screwing with others.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: January 15, 2010, 02:08:35 am »

For the love of god, remove the beds in the arrival shuttle. I've had to issue ban warnings to get people to stop screwing with others.
*sigh* But its fun!
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: January 15, 2010, 09:15:26 am »

11 year olds shouldent be playing this game..
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:52 am »

11 year olds shouldent be playing this game..
I is twelve and a half mister.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #6715 on: January 15, 2010, 09:57:51 am »

Hmm, not sure I really agree with the sentiment that there is an age restriction on SS13... brutal though it can sometimes be I wouldn't say there's anything especially adult in the game beyond its complexity.

Though that said, if being banned upset Quake's brother to the point of tears I would say that's got more to do with his brother's personality than his brother's age. Obviously I mean no insult with that statement, some people just have gentle hearts and to them this world is a harsh and baleful place, and SS13 is an even more concentrated version of it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:59:32 am by Cernunnos »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: January 15, 2010, 11:41:13 am »

Oh, may I suggest more monkeys in the station as well. If you get that "Kill all monkeys" objective, you only have to drop Mr.Muggles and the 10 in genetics will drop without any work from you. A few in toxins, maybe one in medbay with a mask on, and possibly one in the fireman station with a firemans helmet.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #6717 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:51 pm »

Dear lord, no. Not more monkeys o.O

Though, speaking of them... why /do/ the ones in genetics suffocate? Is there an issue with the air circulation system that's not pulling the CO2 out?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: January 15, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »

I think so. Honestly, a proper station "should" have an inlet for every outlet it has, and some way to refill the atmos stores from the piping system without my crazy "vent and siphon" methods.

Might I suggest a resprite to goblins? "Centcom has found a primate like creature, and requests you do research on them."

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: January 15, 2010, 01:57:43 pm »

Yeah, but the maps are binary files I think, not text.

Open one in a text editor and be amazed :p

Well, it's been a busy week for me, and the fact that I started playing Mount and Blade didn't help. Good news is that I finally got my new laptop and may be able to use this one as permanent server.

I also don't like Bazaar so much anymore, does anyone here have experience with git?
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 950