Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811136 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5985 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:00 am »

Oh yes, I nearly forgot again, welcome back CIB.  :P

Also, Page 400, woo.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5986 on: December 29, 2009, 06:05:18 am »

This thread seems to be picking up steam, it's really cool to see everyone getting motivated to get a B12 server up. It had looked like a lot of the joy of the game had been lost a while back due to drama from reading back over the old posts.

I'm getting really excited about this!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: December 29, 2009, 02:22:36 pm »

Yeah me too! Hopefully this will work out.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: December 29, 2009, 04:21:17 pm »

I have a 2.8 Ghz cpu and 1.5 gig of ram, can I run it OK?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: December 29, 2009, 04:29:58 pm »

Im afraid I will have to say it, but.. Your PC can run it fine, not You however =P.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: December 29, 2009, 04:39:06 pm »

Im afraid I will have to say it, but.. Your PC can run it fine, not You however =P.

Wait what? I'm confused... then again I'm always confused.
       ???                 ???                 ???                 ???
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: December 29, 2009, 06:43:34 pm »

Well, the good news is that the pipes DO work, and are even transferring heated/cooled CO2.  The bad news, is that the generator itself is bugging the fuck out.  Take a look:
http://trorbes.webs.com/Images/SS13/BS12bug.PNG
I should point out that after a few minutes, the hot loop DID start to have a hotter temp than the cold (by about 7 degrees), producing exactly 1W.  As of right now, that difference dropped, and it's now producing nothing.

Also, I realize that I have the input and output mixed up.  I don't think that's the issue, however.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: December 29, 2009, 07:01:33 pm »

Why do you have the hot and cold loops both at 100%?

EDIT: Also, for some reason your cold loop is heating... try moving it away from the walls and onto the floor.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:05:14 pm by Mono124 »

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: December 29, 2009, 07:23:38 pm »

Unfortunately there's little room to move it much anywhere, but I'll try.

And right now I have the loops at 100% for the hell of it.  There's no reason not to since the engine's not generating any power.

Anyway, reversed the flow (it goes from the CO2 to the generator to the heating/cooling sections, then loops back) and added some more meters; the temperature seems return to 293.1K when entering the engine room, passes through the generator, raises temperature by about 10K immediately upon exit, then raises/drops once inside the windows separating the room from the heating coils; the cooling pipe drops down to about 286K, strangely enough.  I have no idea what the hell's going on, and I'm pretty sure it's going to take more than a night to figure it out.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: December 29, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »

Can you send me the whole engine section or link it? I might be able to figure out what was happening.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: December 29, 2009, 07:36:56 pm »

I would rather not at the moment.  If I can't figure it out by tomorrow, I'll send it, but for right now I want to figure it out for myself.

Anyway, the temperature seems to be rapidly normalizing as it enters the engine - even entering a wall space brings the temperature up by 50 degrees.  This is a major WTF for me because even the old engine didn't have this problem I don't think.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:05 pm »

I have no clue then..... you might have to move the chilling area to right next to the cold loop, but that would be an extreme solution.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:42 pm »

Thats very bizarre. The only thing I could think of, is some kind of area is needed, as with turrets. Anyway, good luck with that, but in the meantime, anyone up for a SS13 game or five?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: December 29, 2009, 07:45:43 pm »

I might have to scrap the engine entirely and start anew, which sucks because I REALLY like the design (as one might have noticed).  I've put a bunch more meters around the pipes so I can monitor WHERE the temperatures are going, but other than that I have no clue.

I don't think it needs an area, and if it did I AM using many of the same areas from the original set.

Quote from: Dr. Johbson
in the meantime, anyone up for a SS13 game or five?
GOD yes, I could use a break on a station that actually WORKS (more or less).  I'll still work on the map, but I really could use a game.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: December 29, 2009, 07:46:37 pm »

Alright, its up.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 950