Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811119 times)

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5955 on: December 28, 2009, 04:46:35 am »

It looks good. It doesn't run on wine though.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: December 28, 2009, 05:19:34 am »

Hm, really? It seems atleast at some point the produced executables would work under wine. Oh well.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how inheritance or something similar can be done in Unity, since I don't really like the idea of writing isolated code for every object.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: December 28, 2009, 10:52:33 am »

If you can make it multi-Z leveled (or "Y" in this case) I think it would greatly enhance the station's functionability, but even right now it's looking good.  Just a q, though; what are the technical requirements to run Unity?  I'm afraid that my computer's a low-end piece of crap, especially in the graphics department, so if this thing requires a decent graphics card I'm afraid it's going to keep me from helping or playing much, should the project get off the ground.

Anyway, I'm heading off for the night.  I managed to get almost everything except for a few key elements (the blob positions) and some minor details (story snippets found across the station*) completed, so I'm 100% certain for a monday-or-whenever-someone-can-host-it release.  I've also been working on the MOTD, mostly on the lore, which I hope would be an acceptable addition:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Big thanks to the folks at Wikistation 13 for the backstory writeup which aided in the creation if this list.

If you guys have anything you want to see added/changed, let me know.

*A couple "What the guys before you were doing" sort of things in a few places which I thought could liven up the station a bit.

Very cool. I'll add this later, thanks for that. One thing, though, space fever is extremely deadly.  :P

Also, good luck to all of you attempting to rewrite a SS13-like game in a different language, hope that works out for all of you.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: December 28, 2009, 12:02:34 pm »

Very cool. I'll add this later, thanks for that. One thing, though, space fever is extremely deadly.  :P
I've got access to the motd, actually, and since I've modified a few bits of the code other than the map I'll probably be sending the package anyway.

EDIT: Also, this version you sent lacks the last Admin additions, which include me.  So you may have to replace the admin list with the one you still have.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:51:20 pm by Trorbes »

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: December 28, 2009, 01:42:40 pm »

EDIT: Also, this version you sent lacks the last Admin additions, which include me cib.

I could help out admining if you want me to :p

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: December 28, 2009, 03:30:51 pm »

You already are an admin, cib.

Anyway, I revised most of the MOTD (all of the rules, and a few spelling/grammar errors) and added a few IC lore bits that I forgot.  The rules should be identical in spirit, but cleaner in writing.

Let me know if this is acceptable.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: December 28, 2009, 05:12:32 pm »

Weird, the last time I logged into a Bay12 server, I wasn't.

Also, Trorbes, does the test game run on your machine?

Update on status: I have experimented more with the scripting engine and added a button to create walls in front of you. I will make a screenshot once I figure out how to make a "prebuild view" for the wall.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: December 28, 2009, 05:24:46 pm »

Is the server going to be/is it up?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:19 pm »

Your name's on the admin list, though, so I can't tell you why you couldn't.

I'll have to get back to you on the test game once I try it out. Yes, it runs just fine.

Mono: The server isn't up at the moment as far as I know, or when anyone can host.  The new map's almost done, though, so if someone can host it I'll send it to them by tonight.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:34:08 pm by Trorbes »

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: December 28, 2009, 05:58:52 pm »

Trorbes: I might be able to host, unless you have reverted the atmosphere optimizations, in which case my laptop is too slow.

In any case: I have finished most of the "wall build preview"(except for the part where you actually place the wall, but that won't be too hard).

Yes, I can actually move that wall around and rotate it. Unity also has a very nice built-in GUI framework which you see in the top-left corner of the game-view.

I'm actually getting the hang of this engine now. I will probably look into simple physics next, though I don't want anything too advanced. Not being able to bump into walls should be alright.

My goal is to get networking support into the game as quickly as possible. However, this isn't a too trivial task, so I will probably experiment more with the basics before such an attempt.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: December 28, 2009, 06:22:23 pm »

I've got access to the motd, actually, and since I've modified a few bits of the code other than the map I'll probably be sending the package anyway.

EDIT: Also, this version you sent lacks the last Admin additions, which include me.  So you may have to replace the admin list with the one you still have.

Hah, right, forgot that.

You already are an admin, cib.

Anyway, I revised most of the MOTD (all of the rules, and a few spelling/grammar errors) and added a few IC lore bits that I forgot.  The rules should be identical in spirit, but cleaner in writing.

Let me know if this is acceptable.

Thats awesome, but I think it may be too long now. How possible would it be for people to access this information via different commands, such as admin list, rule list, lore list, ect?

And yeah, CIB, you should have been an admin for ages, last I remember, you were, but then again I though Cecilff2 was an admin for ages too but I spelt his name wrong.  :P

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: December 28, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »

Johbson: I've been admin, but that's a long time ago.

Anyway, building works now. You can move/rotate walls and hit enter to place them. I think I will make a screenshot gallery on my server, lest not to spam this thread with them anymore.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:20 pm »

It'd be quite possible, I'm sure, but it'll probably be by tomorrow.  For the admins, at least, there's the "Admin Who" command, which lists all of the admins that are currently on.  The rules shouldn't be all that much longer than they were previously, so those could be kept, but I'll look into making a "in-game lore" command after dinner.

Also, I'm pretty certain the game's ready to be tested, so I'll send you the files right now, if you have the opportunity to host tonight, possibly.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: December 28, 2009, 06:46:30 pm »

...once again, 1.5 MB/ps  connection, 3ghz quadcore, and 4 gigs of ram.

I can totally host.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: December 28, 2009, 07:00:02 pm »

So, for those of you interested in my progress, you can follow it on: http://cib.bplaced.net/SS3.html

QuakeIV: Hostz! I want to play :D
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 950