Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811073 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5925 on: December 25, 2009, 09:17:03 am »

I set it to not broadcast. We DO NOT want the kinds of idiots that are on the goon server to be on the Bay 12 server. We want it to be a real, fun game, not random destruction.

Also, server is still up

byond://174.99.54.4:1337
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: December 25, 2009, 09:43:55 am »

They have fine people playing there, they just don't want serious roleplay. Nothing wrong with that.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: December 25, 2009, 10:21:24 am »

Adding jobs is easy stuff, actually, so sure, I'll add a Lawyer when I get back to working on the game.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: December 25, 2009, 10:52:53 am »

I set it to not broadcast. We DO NOT want the kinds of idiots that are on the goon server to be on the Bay 12 server. We want it to be a real, fun game, not random destruction.

Also, server is still up

byond://174.99.54.4:1337

Ive got some updates to upload soon. to fix some bug's with the map etc.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: December 25, 2009, 12:56:28 pm »

Heh, guna try ss13 on my new netbook at some point, in fact im posting from it right now.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: December 25, 2009, 08:16:49 pm »

Bay12 server appears to be down.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5931 on: December 25, 2009, 10:07:47 pm »

Yes. I probably will not be able to have it up over the weekend, though I will try and post if it is up.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: December 25, 2009, 11:27:58 pm »

Alright, so through no influence of my own, my plans for the weekend are now less certain, which means that I should be able to put SOME time into the map, maybe even having the entire weekend (though not of course spending ALL weekend working), which means my current plan of releasing the map, at least an initial version, is still set for Monday or possibly Tuesday, depending on how well I can find and understand the power consumption rates, which I will need to do before I do any more work on APCs.

Speaking of, at some point I want to redo the power consumption code, with three things in mind - make power consumption automatic, make it much clearer (generator to SMES, SMES to APC, APC to device, possibly with separate types of wires to prevent silly issues like generator power bypassing SMESs but not powering APCs), and make it require connections to the device specifically - although certain things DO do this, such as grilles, others, such as doors and I think computers are powered so long as the area (as defined in the game) has a working, powered APC.

I think ultimately I want to make it so that the game becomes cleaner and modifiable (as in, nothing is designed for a specific map, everything is usable in any map), because currently it's neither, when as an "open-source" game it should be both.  I think this is probably just a dream, right now, especially since I have only a little school experience in programming, and would probably end up with me having to start from scratch, and considering how well that's gone for several people in these forums so far, I'm not all too eager to start.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: December 26, 2009, 07:23:40 am »

Alright, so through no influence of my own, my plans for the weekend are now less certain, which means that I should be able to put SOME time into the map, maybe even having the entire weekend (though not of course spending ALL weekend working), which means my current plan of releasing the map, at least an initial version, is still set for Monday or possibly Tuesday, depending on how well I can find and understand the power consumption rates, which I will need to do before I do any more work on APCs.

Speaking of, at some point I want to redo the power consumption code, with three things in mind - make power consumption automatic, make it much clearer (generator to SMES, SMES to APC, APC to device, possibly with separate types of wires to prevent silly issues like generator power bypassing SMESs but not powering APCs), and make it require connections to the device specifically - although certain things DO do this, such as grilles, others, such as doors and I think computers are powered so long as the area (as defined in the game) has a working, powered APC.

I think ultimately I want to make it so that the game becomes cleaner and modifiable (as in, nothing is designed for a specific map, everything is usable in any map), because currently it's neither, when as an "open-source" game it should be both.  I think this is probably just a dream, right now, especially since I have only a little school experience in programming, and would probably end up with me having to start from scratch, and considering how well that's gone for several people in these forums so far, I'm not all too eager to start.

i just hate how some code is smashed together in ss13 no comments no nothing.

also i like php so much more then DM

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5934 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:51 am »

You mean like in this old screenshot of the editor in SS81?

Still haven't worked much on it, but the overall goal was to make everything buildable in-game...
Eh?
Eh!

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: December 26, 2009, 12:50:40 pm »

That's where I got the idea, qwerty.  It's a good system, better than the current one.  I thought you had given up or something, though, since it's been so long since I've seen any updates on it.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: December 26, 2009, 05:30:37 pm »

looks awesome.
You mean like in this old screenshot of the editor in SS81?

Still haven't worked much on it, but the overall goal was to make everything buildable in-game...

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: December 26, 2009, 07:14:09 pm »

Hey, can anyone host, or give me the files to try to do so myself?
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: December 26, 2009, 11:49:49 pm »

Trorbes, the code is such a mess, I think you would have to invest ages into making the source clean. And then, still, it would be in DM, which is not the most optimized, both in bandwidth and in CPU efficiency terms.

Anyway, are there any times when I can expect some people to be playing? I'd like to have a good game or two, but I don't like goonstation that much.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: December 27, 2009, 01:56:39 am »

Yeah, as I had said it would probably be more feasible to start from scratch, or create a new albeit similar game.  Anyway, it was only a thought.

There hasn't been much activity, actually, and Johbson's changed his modus operandi to "host when asked."  I think he handed out the code to a few people, but they haven't done much hosting yet (although it's so close to Christmas most people have probably been too busy to) and while I DO have the code, my computer and network are crap for hosting.  If you're really itching for some SS13 action though, the Penny Arcade guys have started running the game again, and they're pretty good to play with.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 950