Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811010 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5880 on: December 23, 2009, 07:53:04 pm »

You know, I don't know.  I only did it like that because the goonstation had it like that, but when I think about it it's pretty stupid isn't it?  Yeah, I think I'll change it.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: December 23, 2009, 11:52:48 pm »

How often does johbson host... is it a really rare thing?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: December 24, 2009, 01:13:08 am »

I believe it's now pretty much when requested.

Anyway, took a break to watch Avatar, very stunning special effects, forgettable story (unobtanium?  They actually called it that!), but I don't have any plans to get up early so I'll be working pretty late tonight.  Right now I'm reorganizing the jobs and access lists; Genetics Researchers are now Geneticists (to be in-line with Chemists), Toxin Researchers are now Plasma Researchers (because Toxin is an artefact from when Plasma was just called "poison", Head of Security gets access to pretty much all of the station now, because the idea of security being stopped by a locked door is ridiculous on a station of bomb-makers, terrorists, and lunatics with access to highly-dangerous chemical substances, forensic technicians don't have access to security or the brig (because they should be "lower" to security) and assistants have access to the maintenance areas (because the general tool storage is located there now).  EDIT: Also, Firefighters also get access to pretty much all of the station except the heads' quarters, for much the same reason as the HoS.  This is subject to change in the future if people don't like it.

More updates later tonight, and probably a map when I get around to it.

EDIT: Minor setback, had to change certain high-security things from "access_heads" to "access_bridge" because heads have their own individual rooms/access permissions.  Their Experimental Technology closets will still be locked to their own accesses (that's settable), but right now anyone with access to the bridge can use the communications console.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:01:48 am by Trorbes »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: December 24, 2009, 02:18:40 am »

Its christmas, dammit, I can't host now. Dammit.  :P

Also, one thing I noticed in that Laser Console picture was a revolver in the captain's horde, I'm not too sure thats a great idea, but what does everyone else think?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:40 am »

Yeah, I was going to bring it up when I previewed the ship to you guys; I considered giving the Captain access to a revolver, for an emergency (or to show dominance over the station  ;)).  Again, something I'm open to suggestions about, so if you hate it, I'll remove it.

Speaking of, I'm calling it a night, so here's the preview:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, it's really starting to fill up nicely.  I've left off the labels this time, but I'm sure it's not too hard to see what each room is.

There's another possible idea I've included; in the Security Storage there is a small glass case containing two sets of full SWAT gear (and lasers); it's only unlockable by the HoS and the Captain, of course, you can't just let Barney Fife have access to the most powerful armor in the game, but is even the HoS's approval enough for this kind of gear?

A couple new rooms are the Consultation Room above the courtroom, and the Unstable Patient Room below Medbay.  The Consultation Room is, as was suggested, a way for the defendant and their lawyer to discuss things privately.  The Unstable Patient Room is for those too mentally unbalanced to let loose on the station, but not criminal enough to be put in the brig (Honestly, I just needed to fill space since the Medical Supply Room was rather barren  I've only rarely seen anyone ever put someone in one of these, they always either go to the brig, run free, or get killed).  Also, the atmospheric controls leading to the "Administration wing" (courtroom, security, etc.) are now locked to all but certified atmospheric technicians and the heads themselves.

I also added some space surrounding the AI chamber; it's not completely empty (I figured it's as good a place as any for an electric grid) but it'll not only make it harder to bomb through but will deter anyone who tries to tunnel their way in.

Look!  We haven't even broken in the station's current engine yet, and CentComm already sent us a new model!  But the delivery people didn't even bother to install it, those lazy bastards.  Anyway, word is, the new model has a modular combustion chamber, allowing you to set the size of the chamber to fit your power-generating needs.

Oh ho, what's this?  A strange ship, all the way out here?  Are they tourists, travelers who've lost their way, or perhaps something more sinister?  They do say that the Syndicate has claimed this region for themselves...

Anyway, I'm still working on setting up the access levels; I finished the code, but I'll have to manually set the airlocks and windoors to their respective access requirements.  After that it's just a quick once-over before I start work on the extra-station stuff like that AI satellite and the prison station, and then it'll probably be ready for testing.  I might not spend a lot of time working on it for the next few days, of course, depending on how busy I get, but it'll still be ready by monday, as I said before.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: December 24, 2009, 04:13:29 am »

does anyone know coordinates of areas like the wizards den on the goon severs?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: December 24, 2009, 04:28:51 am »

Ah snap that is amazingly awesome, Trobes. You are a very good mapper, I already love the new station.

SWAT gear is fine, as long as people don't grab it right away.

Anyway, great job, loving everything. Feels alot better then it did before.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5887 on: December 24, 2009, 11:17:41 am »

SWAT gear is fine, as long as people don't grab it right away.

We need better roleplayers if they do grab it right away.  ::)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: December 24, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »

Ya know, all I have is a map of the station, and I already see fun new ways to kill as the traitor.

A few questions though.

The room in the middle of the engineering core with the 8 x's, I assume that's where the assistants spawn at start of round?

Also, the room below the janitors closet, Head of maintenance?

If you haven't gotten to the siphon vent, add a space square in the Rwall between the AI and atmos, middle would make it look best, and a vent there going back to siphon storage with a half dozen connectors in it. I think that would work fine.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: December 24, 2009, 12:12:54 pm »

Quick question..... do you think you could add wires to the solar SMES's to allow them to also charge off of station power? I always add them if it's a serious game because the engine will eventually create enough power for 5 SMES's at once, and when the traitor/something Fun happens and the stations power goes offline there is 5 SMES's full of power ready.... unless he ejected the engine in which case there is at least 2.

EDIT: My grammer failed. "do you think you add"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:14:41 pm by Mono124 »

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:08 pm »

Quote from: beorn080
Ya know, all I have is a map of the station, and I already see fun new ways to kill as the traitor.
Almost nothing is designed with ease of treachery in mind, and in fact I've made it a bit harder by having most of the equipment being locked in maintenance, so anything you think of that isn't part of the standard is probably going to be emergent gameplay.

The room in the middle of the engineering core with the 8 x's, I assume that's where the assistants spawn at start of round?
Yup.

Also, the room below the janitors closet, Head of maintenance?
Correct again.

If you haven't gotten to the siphon vent, add a space square in the Rwall between the AI and atmos, middle would make it look best, and a vent there going back to siphon storage with a half dozen connectors in it. I think that would work fine.
I've already got some vents in the most exterior maintenance corridors; one each near the solar arrays, one above the chapel, and one above the courtroom.  I didn't figure you'd need more than 3-4, but if you want me to add some to where you suggested, I could.

Quote from: Mono124
Quick question..... do you think you could add wires to the solar SMES's to allow them to also charge off of station power? I always add them if it's a serious game because the engine will eventually create enough power for 5 SMES's at once, and when the traitor/something Fun happens and the stations power goes offline there is 5 SMES's full of power ready.... unless he ejected the engine in which case there is at least 2.
If all you're looking for is more SMESs I could probably squeeze more into the SMES room itself, but I'm not sure how looping the circuit back into itself for the solar SMESs would work; it could end up bypassing it completely, like with the current engine.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: December 24, 2009, 12:59:47 pm »

Hey, can anyone host, today is my computer day, id like some bay12 before christmas.

Pretty please?  ;D
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: December 24, 2009, 01:35:56 pm »

Yeah, I have to check a few things, but I see a VERY "Fun" thing already. There should be some tools accessible though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: December 24, 2009, 03:03:23 pm »

i coulld put up a server but it wont the be official b12 server but my own old "goonstation"
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: December 24, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »

Erm, i guess that would be nice yeah, they are pretty similar.

It would definately be nicer if you got our code though, vats, admins already added, that stuff.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 950