Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810926 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5775 on: December 19, 2009, 10:05:34 pm »

Yes, ever since the data scenerio the age of bay12 on SS13 cumbled, now your lucky to even get the chance to play on the server
Yes, ever since the data scenerio the age of bay12 on SS13 cumbled, now your lucky to even get the chance to play on the server

God, this sucks, screw data.

Yes, this very much sucks, if only if there true in the slightest.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: December 19, 2009, 10:08:40 pm »

We've almost no real dedicated players, and alot of the rest of the playerbase is either ss13dl or goon incorporated now.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: December 19, 2009, 10:11:18 pm »

Well, its not data's fault, and I can, and will still, host. Er, not know though, Im not at home at the moment.  :P

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »

NOt nescessarily his fault, he just incindentally killed off the best roleplaying ive ever seen, ever.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: December 19, 2009, 10:17:04 pm »

You need neverwinter nights, boy.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: December 19, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »

My says the same all the time.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:17:03 am by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: December 19, 2009, 10:41:53 pm »

Well, so much for thinking you might have changed. You can forget avout our PM deal, but I would imagine you knew that.

Hamram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: December 19, 2009, 10:49:39 pm »

That's interesting, I used to think the same - but that was 6 years ago.
Did you go over to NWN2 or is the classic still that good?

Quote from: Megaman
We've almost no real dedicated players, and alot of the rest of the playerbase is either ss13dl or goon incorporated now.
If you just need to satisfy a SS13 gaming itch at least goonservers is great place to be though you won't see any straight, dedicated, extended-mode, roleplaying there - ever. Lots of hijinks and wacky fun though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:52:09 pm by Hamram »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: December 19, 2009, 10:50:47 pm »

Ive never actually tried NWN2 online.  So yes, Classic for me.

Hamram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: December 19, 2009, 10:52:47 pm »

Ive never actually tried NWN2 online.  So yes, Classic for me.
This is a taste we share.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5785 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:53 am »

Wow, just finished reading though all the post (and the surrounding 5 or 10 pages either side) that Skibiliano kindly listed.

Eye opener. And pretty sad in a number of ways.

But at any rate I've picked up a copy of the code for now, I'm going to be 'doing the rounds' visiting family with my partner for the next few days, but I'll likely continue to poke at it. Probably leave one of my Windows machines running at home and connect remotely though I'm unlikely to try hosting as Johbson advised me that the current code is prone to crashing after extended periods of uptime. After the 28th though I'll be back and I'll start looking at keeping a server up at least for a few hours each day after I've had an initial perusal of the code. I do have a friend (who I introduced to SS13 after reading about it here as it happens) who has a hand in a game hosting company who's always willing to discretely host games that aren't going to be too taxing (or several hundreds of players popular), without charge. Though the stability of said games is paramount as if it knocks one of the servers over or causes unreasonable strain on it then their paying customers get understandably grumpy.

But without 24/7 admin coverage I'd be hesitant to want to do that anyway, as I'm a fairly avid role-player and I wouldn't like to think of the station descending into chaos every few hours because of admin gaps due to availability/time-zones. I get the feeling most people share that sentiment anyway, that it's better to have a game hosted for a few hours a day with dedicated admin coverage where RP is enforced and grief is kept to a bare minimum than being able to log in even when you've been struck by a case of insomnia, but being toolboxed within 5 tiles of the arrival shuttle airlock.

Besides, Goonstation seems to have the 24/7 thing covered, and their servers are undeniably fun for an hour of shenanigans here and there.

But of those B12 players who would still enjoy logging on for scheduled fun, I'd appreciate a rough idea of your time zones and play times if you could oblige. I could start planning around having a server up for those peek interest times specifically that way. (Although I'm in the UK my sleep cycle is at least as messed up as Toady One's, so it might all fit in well :))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:37:01 am by Cernunnos »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: December 20, 2009, 01:51:50 am »

I think one way we might alleviate the RP problem is to make most B12ers at least moderators. That way, we can leave the server up for longer periods while not having the problems that we had with Yanlin and such. Maybe add in some vote boot commands such as a boot for round, plain boot, and mute. Let the moderators initiate votes and such regardless of how long since the last one.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: December 20, 2009, 03:16:51 am »

Alright, I'm taking a crack at making a new map, so far I've got the engine, the crew quarters, and the arrival checkpoint set up, and I've started on security and the Bridge.  I'm pretty much only calling it quits for the night is because it's 2AM, otherwise I've still got (hopefully) a lot of interesting ideas for the station.  The only thing I'm worried about are the escape pods being hardcoded, but I don't think they were working to begin with.  I'll try to post my progress tomorrow.

Cerunnos, I'm pretty much free after GMT 18:00 until about 4:00 any day, about noon until 10:00 US Central Standard Time.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: December 20, 2009, 03:56:57 am »

Don't forget the courtroom.  ;D

Much thanks from me for the work. Making an entire new map is really, really hard to get done.

EDIT-
I think one way we might alleviate the RP problem is to make most B12ers at least moderators. That way, we can leave the server up for longer periods while not having the problems that we had with Yanlin and such. Maybe add in some vote boot commands such as a boot for round, plain boot, and mute. Let the moderators initiate votes and such regardless of how long since the last one.

This sounds like it would work, or at least enough to give it a try.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:02:17 am by Dr. Johbson »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: December 20, 2009, 04:13:40 am »

Well, so much for thinking you might have changed. You can forget avout our PM deal, but I would imagine you knew that.

Oh. *facepalm*

Please forgive for my rash actions Johbson

I did not see the pm until now and i really just wrote that because you ignored me.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:16:41 am by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 950