Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810820 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5730 on: December 11, 2009, 11:03:59 am »

Thanks, that would be really awesome! :) Likely sometime this weekend, I'll ask them what times they'd like to play later this evening.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: December 11, 2009, 11:09:04 am »

Can't do Sunday, past around..12:00, -8:00. Just so you know.

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: December 11, 2009, 01:27:18 pm »

It seems I somehow drifted away from BYOND recently. I'm re-downloading it at this very moment and I look forward to some good 'ol SS13. :D
'Sup.

Vinny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: December 11, 2009, 02:57:55 pm »

Quote from: Cernunnos
We did get a round on one server, I forget which one but there were only about 7 people on it,
Can't say for sure, but I'd imagine that was the sandbox/extended Goon server.  It usually hangs with a low population, but from the times I've played there the players have had a completely different attitude to the survival-oriented main server.

I don't think it's enforced as much as Bay12's own servers, but it's obviously a bit more controlled than the 30-40 player minefields you get on the high-pop server. ;D

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: December 12, 2009, 06:44:01 am »

I agree Vinny, 40-40 player games are minefields.
'Sup.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: December 17, 2009, 04:05:05 am »

I was assinged engineer on my first mission.

Someone said they would help me ignite the engines but I got toxined or something...

Hamram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: December 17, 2009, 07:11:33 am »

Was your character's initials S H?

I had a game like that today where I was a traitor but also the captain. Early on some random idiot assistant figured he would play a prank on me by knocking me over and taking my backpack - usually rewarded with imprisonment in the brig, but it was filled with illegal syndicate contraband which caused the crew to swoop down on me like vultures. During my burial (some guys dragging me off to the morgue to be cremated) the other traitor barged in, guns ablaze and took out the two scientists who were working on my body and with my access card (captain's, so access to everything) he dragged me to the genetics lab to revive me. It didn't really work out that way, with the AI realizing something was up and sending most of the crew to medbay where the other traitor made a last stand and a diversion which allowed me to get an entirely new identity - I have friends in genetics so I even got some partisan aid covering up for me.

But there I was, without my stuff or even an identity card and with the crew dragging my ally off to the slaughterhouse, yet as they believed me dead I had plenty of opportunity to start over. I did't really know what to do, but I knew the engine wasn't started and I saw an engineer walking the corridors alone... so I figured "I'll say that I can help him get it going and murder him brutally while in there and then steal his access card and engineer stuff!" So that's what I did, when we got in there I started releasing CO2 from one of the cannisters and waited for the gas to spread enough that the engineer would go unconscious - he had no gasmask or O2 supply. CO2 is a silent killer, not showing any symptoms at all before you are out. Part of my mission was to destroy all the plasma on the station, so I then released all the plasma (usually used to superheat the engine) and tossed a welder I got from the engineer in, creating an inferno that burned through the hull of the ship.

With the engineer's stuff I later dug a hole into the Chemical lab storage from the chapel area and started another plasma fire there, and from there I dug a hole through the walls and windows (past a mad monkey who still near killed me) to the escape shuttle. I managed to escape alone which is pretty tricky, as I and some mad bombers together had taken out most of the crew on the station. The only people left alive were either holed up in the bridge or new arrivals that couldn't get past the gaping holes in the entrance hall.

Oh, and some Admin thought this approach amusing (I guess) and renamed my character "the Pink Panther" and started playing the theme song from the old movies whenever I did something, like when I put the engine on fire or started mouthing off against other crew members that they were traitors.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:57:13 am by Hamram »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: December 17, 2009, 07:22:41 am »

Yes, that game.

For the entire first part of the game (before I stumbled outside and met you)
I was bumbling around engineering.

I was the engineer you killed knocked unconscious?

It was my first time playing, so I wasn't really sure what to do.
I eventually suicided.

Later someone set the engine room on fire, was that you?

Near the end, didn't you die to a monkey or something?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5738 on: December 17, 2009, 07:29:32 am »

That is one awesome game I wish I was a part of  :o
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Hamram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: December 17, 2009, 07:34:19 am »

Yeah, I put the engine storage on fire (with you still in it) because it was part of my mission, and because I really couldn't have witnesses running around telling people I release gas on them.

I managed to survived the monkey's assault outside the shuttle as they lose their interest as soon as you drop unconscious - but I only barely survived, I was out for 2-3 minutes.
I intentionally dropped dead when I got into the shuttle, figuring I could simply lie back and enjoy the ride to safety, mad monkey co-passenger non-withstanding.

I should thank you for letting me into the engine, without access to it, the stuff inside, and later the maintenance tunnels with your identity card I don't think I would have managed. When I met you I was virtually naked, owning only a spare jumpsuit, breath mask, and lab coat stolen from medbay, and a bloody and empty toolbox I found lying around - if you had picked up the gas mask inside the engine my idea was to beat you to death with the toolbox.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:58:28 am by Hamram »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: December 17, 2009, 08:18:42 am »

Engine room is a great place to kill people. All those fancy gases. My favourite, is to push a locker in the canister room, and put a lit torch in it. I then close it up, and flood the room with plasma from said canister. I get someone to open the locker, boom, large fire, everyone in the engine dies, more or less.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5741 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:39 pm »

What server were you on at the time Hamram?

And yeah, I love CO2 as well, it's a surprisingly underused killing tool. As the atmospheric technician I can do some of the most terrific damage imaginable, and since hardly anyone cares to be the atmos guy, or go into the room, it's rare to be disturbed.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: December 17, 2009, 09:35:58 pm »

So the pipes were fixed?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: December 17, 2009, 09:36:08 pm »

I find the atmos tech is THE most underrated personal on the station when it comes to killing. Even aside from venting gas, which is horribly easy to detect if someone checks the maintence tunnels, simply go around to all the emergency lockers to "check" the oxygen tanks. Also, switching the blue siphon's gas for something more fun is also good. I recommend plasma, since that would let you have an emergency burn everything tool hidden in plain sight, and if anyone uses it, they'll likely die anyway.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: December 17, 2009, 10:30:58 pm »

So the pipes were fixed?
Refresh my memory on the problem?
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 950