Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810825 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5715 on: December 02, 2009, 01:04:51 am »

Ill be back home tomorrow guys, Then I can host again.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: December 02, 2009, 01:57:46 am »

Ill be back home tomorrow guys, Then I can host again.

I'll be sure to sign-in, but unless someone has a solution to my lad, I doubt I'll be of much use...  :'(

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:33 am »

Firewall?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: December 04, 2009, 11:45:30 am »

Server, yo. It be up.

EDIT-Crashed exactly when some dude joined, and it was pretty empty before, so I took it down for now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:53:21 pm by Dr. Johbson »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: December 04, 2009, 01:56:35 pm »

Oh no!
*Dramatic gasp*

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: December 04, 2009, 04:04:10 pm »

Erm, so our code is still crashy?  :(
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:40 pm »

Is there a way to play without BYOND's platform?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: December 04, 2009, 10:25:44 pm »

Probably not, because generally speaking a game programmed in a certain gaming engine can only be run in that engine.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5723 on: December 10, 2009, 03:21:06 am »

I was roaming through the threads on other games yesterday (have since been playing Haven & Hearth, this -- a little -- and fiddling around with C4Scrpit on Clonk... damn you all! DF has already devoured my soul, there's precious little left to be feeding other games!) and even got a few friends interested but the politics I've encountered on some of the forums has been a bit of a put off.

I was wondering if any of you fine fellows/ladies could answer a few questions for me?

Firstly, are things as rough as they seem from all the multitude of forum posts seem to indicate? Such as admin abuse, newbie bashing, etc? Is there any point joining pub servers (being that we're obviously all new and likely to do stupid things) or just waiting to see if there's a time you guys host a game and see if we can hitch a ride.

Secondly, do many B12ers still play? Or are there any other relatively friendly groups around that any of you play with regularly?

Thanks in advance :)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5724 on: December 10, 2009, 08:08:20 am »

I don't play much anymore, for a variety of reasons, but once I finally have some of them dome, I might...
Eh?
Eh!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: December 10, 2009, 08:14:18 am »

I was roaming through the threads on other games yesterday (have since been playing Haven & Hearth, this -- a little -- and fiddling around with C4Scrpit on Clonk... damn you all! DF has already devoured my soul, there's precious little left to be feeding other games!) and even got a few friends interested but the politics I've encountered on some of the forums has been a bit of a put off.

I was wondering if any of you fine fellows/ladies could answer a few questions for me?

Firstly, are things as rough as they seem from all the multitude of forum posts seem to indicate? Such as admin abuse, newbie bashing, etc? Is there any point joining pub servers (being that we're obviously all new and likely to do stupid things) or just waiting to see if there's a time you guys host a game and see if we can hitch a ride.

Secondly, do many B12ers still play? Or are there any other relatively friendly groups around that any of you play with regularly?

Thanks in advance :)

1. Stay away from SSD13, and the rest of the pub servers are are mostly alright, with some trolls. If you join when Johbson is hosting and a B12er is active, they'd probably be able to show you around, but you could probably get by on the pub servers.

2. I don't think there are much regular players left, but if you ask Johbson he would probably be able to put the server up. The other two groups are the goons and Data, who is horrible.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41:01 am »

Stop bypassing the goon servers completely..
They/We have much more features than your version, a bigger player amount (and therefore MOAR FUN), moar admins, less grief. etc.
I'd honestly reccomend learning to play on the goon servers, rather than learning on say, Bay12 version, and then having to learn even more when you try the goons.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: December 10, 2009, 09:45:25 am »

:'(

Goons are for crazy, wacky, fun,(as well as many many many more features) and Bay12 is for roleplaying and any fun that follows that along. Two groups wanting two different things, I really wish there was more understanding of that. Like comparing rocks to trees over usefulness in a building material.

Also because I'm busy ect, I host when people ask me to now. Whether people join, is another matter.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:48:55 am by Dr. Johbson »

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5728 on: December 11, 2009, 07:59:05 am »

Yesterday my friends and I spent... far, far, fat too many hours for me to feel anything but shame admiting, playing on any server that had population. It was crazy fun.

The goonstation servers were awesome, if sometimes bonkers (the captain threatening to throw anyone in the brig who didn't attend his birthday party in the cafeteria, which of course got bombed while we were all there...) it's just nuts! And the added features on their servers are really fun to play with, though some are a bit too much silly for me to appreciate I think, but others enjoy them. (The /endless/ fart emotes and guys in a clown costume. Really, does anyone play the clown who isn't a masochist? I felt entirely justified that my character, despite being sane in most other respects, killed the clown as often and as messily as possible >.> Or just turned him into a monkey.)

The servers weren't as hot for RP though, but every now and then a clump of people would join who seemed to collectively lower the concentration of wacky enough that you started to get a little tension going as the station started going to hell.

We would really enjoy a few rounds on a server where the RP was a bit more focused though. We did get a round on one server, I forget which one but there were only about 7 people on it, that really got going in an RP sense and it started feeling like something out of Alien. Really awesome, paranoid RP. Great fun.

Out of  curiosity, what sort of features does the B12 version have?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: December 11, 2009, 09:21:40 am »

Zombies, which infect others, spread the disease and just won't die, whole other virus code, which so far only has space fever, but that spreads nicely, even if space fever hits hard and wipes out about half the station population, (And thats only if the medical teams work REALLY fast) a supply shuttle than the heads/captain can call in everyone once in a while to bring in some hand-selected supplies... (You have 'points' and you choose things from a list, costing different amounts of points)

And I think that's really it. We have some small things, but really, not many more features over the basic released source a year back or something. Quite a bit of work has been invested by our coders, though, thanks much to them.

I can host a game for your mates and everyone else whenever you want, just let me know when a good time would be.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 950