Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810777 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5670 on: November 22, 2009, 09:36:45 pm »

Discuss with them remiving my keyban then.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:43 pm »

I discussed getting my jobban lifted and guess what? They put an avatar on me saying 'Apperently, I'm banned?' Because they didn't like me, though some idiot simply jobbaned me without recourse because I simply forgot to put my stun baton on disarm.
Hello Hunam

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:05 am »

Police brutality is SRS BZNS, though laughably minor given how far and how fast the station can turn to shit.

Speaking of, of all the new features the goons have added, like dynamic lighting, robots, and food, that is probably the one I could do without.  God, you should have seen that round I was in earlier...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: November 23, 2009, 08:57:03 am »

Aye, food, or, shall we say, food, over a period of time, I've heard that to be quite horrible. But the lighting thing sounds great. Do they have, like, lightbulbs, or is it just more blurry the farther away stuff is from you?

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5674 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33:15 am »

Wall mounted bulbs and fixtures. The PDAs and arcade games are a little confusing.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: November 23, 2009, 12:24:33 pm »

You mean completely awesome.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: November 23, 2009, 01:34:30 pm »

Gotta agree with Apple Master. I really, really have to play on the Goon server again one of these days.
Won't use my Johbson nametag though, that would just be awkward for me.

Vinny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: November 23, 2009, 05:37:23 pm »

I discussed getting my jobban lifted and guess what? They put an avatar on me saying 'Apperently, I'm banned?' Because they didn't like me
That's the default avatar for all non-staff users on the forum. :-X

The PDAs are great fun, by the way, and are due for further integration (with wacky new features and modules) in the near future!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5678 on: November 23, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »

Dynamic lighting? I had that in the very simple/early work on my SS81. I wonder if it is just shared inspiration, or if my early versions helped inspire them?

I had entirely avoided using areas for anything, but procrastinated during air movement until I lost development momentum.

(Also, I WILL get back to work on it eventually.)
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:10 pm »

After playing a game or two and watching someone being banned for 'anime smileys' (Which I always thought was a joke) I am safe to say that their server is still in no shape for me. Sad, they have alot of cool features. Quite a waste.

Other complaints being, no one cares about other people's wellbeing, people's IC names are horrible most of the time, and the bar and kitchen should be much busier.

Vinny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: November 23, 2009, 09:16:44 pm »

Dynamic lighting? I had that in the very simple/early work on my SS81. I wonder if it is just shared inspiration, or if my early versions helped inspire them?
Just ran a quick consensus; nobody on the team has heard of SS81.

Quote from: Dr. Johbson
After playing a game or two and watching someone being banned for 'anime smileys' (Which I always thought was a joke) I am safe to say that their server is still in no shape for me. Sad, they have alot of cool features. Quite a waste.
The rule's there for a reason, and it does its job well.  There's no plans to change it.

Quote from: Dr. Johbson
Other complaints being, no one cares about other people's wellbeing, people's IC names are horrible most of the time, and the bar and kitchen should be much busier.
...and if you're bothered by "RP names" then yeah, you really don't fit in with the lighter tone we aim for.  Relax a bit and stop stressing that people don't play it like some sort of uptight employment simulation.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5681 on: November 23, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »

Ah. SS81 was a side-intrest, 81 being the ASCII for Q.

It was really nothing, except a total recoding, and new graphics, too, except for the wiring.

Tiles near space were lit, but not brightly, making maintainence eerily dim when the power is out, near the windows. As you can see, I turned one type of wiring into three, so that I wouldn't have to use areas for lighting and power distribution.

My main goal was to avoid areas wherever a player could theoretically build something, so that though you can make your own station anywhere, power is not automatically on, and the area is not automatically bright, issues that likely have been at least partially addressed in your code.

Also, magnetic boots that negate air-push when worn on turf or turf-substitute.

And putting the menu outside of the view rectangle.

And a future goal of having a solar panel sprite set for each sun direction, so you can see the brightness by the sprite of the panel, as well as getting the originating direction at a glance.
Eh?
Eh!

Vinny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49:48 pm »

Quote from: qwertyiopas
It was really nothing, except a total recoding, and new graphics, too, except for the wiring.
You don't seem the type to make jokes, so I'm just gonna point out that completely changing everything isn't REEEEEEALLY "nothing".

We've been working with Exadv1 for the last few months to rebuild the air system (not personally - I'm more of a secretary than anything else) and from what I've seen it's improved performance unbelievably.  The public version was supposed to have been feature-locked so that the team could focus on catching the new version up... but we just love fun too much, so we've had things such as killer monkey AI, PDAs, arcade machines, boxing rings and a whole new lighting system since the lock started.

We actually talked about magnetic boots, but if they ever make it in it'll probably be after the migration.

The lighting system isn't perfect, but the occasional bugs aren't really anything you notice unless you've got some sort of crazy strain of mega-aspergers.  Oh, and ghosts emit a small amount of light, so if you have a lot of ghosts pile onto the same tile you can actually light it up fully!  Pretty much useless since there's a LOT of tiles on the station, but it's one of those fancy little touches to the afterlife that can keep players amused while they're watching the round.

Oh, and the killer AI monkeys?  They'll throw things at you, bash through windows to get at you, tear off your mask and armor, then bite your face off.  They're quite good fun to fight against, really, albeit a little extremely deadly...

Don't be messing.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: November 23, 2009, 09:53:07 pm »

*stuffs*
Oh, I know, you guys are aiming for something else, don't mean anything by it, just not for me, you know?  ;D

Vinny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »

No problem - I was trying to avoid looking like I was trying to sell something to someone that clearly isn't interested, but it's not that easy when you're also explaining the intricacies of the same put-off factors!
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 950