Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810449 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5520 on: October 21, 2009, 05:01:01 pm »

Hence why I said a group of troublemakers.  Heck, someone with a couple keys and a proxy could abuse this like crazy.

So you'll probably need some sort of standing system like Jakkara said.

i could make it so it needs one third of the current players to flag the greifer.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: October 21, 2009, 05:14:38 pm »

... Hmm... maybe we could add in longer term player tracking, A player who plays for 4 weeks at least once a week would be marked as regular. Once a player is a regular he will be given the flag command. This would mean to abuse the system, it would be too much trouble, and they would rather just go bash someone with a toolbox on the goon server.
I'm to tired to think about how this would work code wise though.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: October 21, 2009, 05:22:10 pm »

hmm same here.

oh yeah lists are a bitch.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5523 on: October 21, 2009, 05:50:58 pm »

I mused about a similar system, where the server would modify a reputation when the player did certain actions in some situations. The square root(preserving sign) of the reputation is added onto a collection of modifiers to get the overall ranking. The automated reputation would cap off at a certain point.

Below a threshold value, the user would be banned, possibly with their reputation(The server-set one) moving upwards toward zero. Accessing some jobs would have a minimum rating. Admin powers would also require a minimum rating, as well as a  flag, so a player could be set as a potential admin, so that if they play well, their reputation will reach a high enough point to allow basic commands. Probationary admin is also possible, where they start just above the threshold and any poor playing would drop them an admin-level.

A player's rating modifiers can be set by admins, and they can directly edit the reputation of a player, though both require a high admin-level.

New players would be restricted to lower level jobs, but could easily earn higher access. If multiple players want a job, the higher reputation player gets first priority. Captainship, if there is no suitably ranked player, or if they set a "be captain" option to no, and there is at least one with it set to yes, would be picked from the top 50% of available ranked individuals.
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: October 21, 2009, 07:16:49 pm »

I mused about a similar system, where the server would modify a reputation when the player did certain actions in some situations. The square root(preserving sign) of the reputation is added onto a collection of modifiers to get the overall ranking. The automated reputation would cap off at a certain point.

Below a threshold value, the user would be banned, possibly with their reputation(The server-set one) moving upwards toward zero. Accessing some jobs would have a minimum rating. Admin powers would also require a minimum rating, as well as a  flag, so a player could be set as a potential admin, so that if they play well, their reputation will reach a high enough point to allow basic commands. Probationary admin is also possible, where they start just above the threshold and any poor playing would drop them an admin-level.

A player's rating modifiers can be set by admins, and they can directly edit the reputation of a player, though both require a high admin-level.

New players would be restricted to lower level jobs, but could easily earn higher access. If multiple players want a job, the higher reputation player gets first priority. Captainship, if there is no suitably ranked player, or if they set a "be captain" option to no, and there is at least one with it set to yes, would be picked from the top 50% of available ranked individuals.

That completely possible.

just what who these certain actions be?.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: October 21, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »

That completely possible.

just what who these certain actions be?.
Here's a few of the most outstanding representations of 'good' reputation builders I can think of at the moment, and one would almost never do if a griefer.
1. dragging someone who is unconscious onto the escape shuttle
2. being a good security officer, as in actually using fingerprints and putting people in the brig for a certain amount of time, as opposed to just beating the crap out of the suspect on any suspicion.
3. simply doing your job.
And a couple blatantly bad ways
1. killing someone who is not syndicate or known traitor
2. tampering with the atmospheric, electric, etc. order of the station
3. using AI modules not appropriate for your situation

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: October 22, 2009, 02:18:53 am »

On one hand that system could just work perfectly... But there is the risk of eventually a huge amount of admins being appointed. I doubt a server filled with admins will go very well.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: October 22, 2009, 03:31:17 am »

I really don't think it'd work.
For example, what causes someone to be flagged?
If you make it so that murdering someone = a flag, then you're completely ignoring the RP context.
If "flags" are basically just reports, then what's to stop everyone ganging up? I.e 4 griefers vs One awesome person like me.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: October 22, 2009, 03:37:13 am »

It would only mean that you'd be banned for an hour or so or until an admin shows up, to my knowledge.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: October 22, 2009, 04:33:19 am »

Yea tought of the progblem with the standing idea.

because ignore much of the rp context.
if anything it should rateing thingy. that causes you to get jobanned from some jobs

0----50---100

if below 50 then you cant be guard,etc if 100 you can be hop,captain,hos and the rest.

or well just use the flagging system.
really? we could add cooldown period on the flag command.
get the time ban working :P

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5530 on: October 23, 2009, 02:02:30 am »

I agree completely.

I would like to commend you sir! May we ask that you create a new tileset for our station?

Having our own set will set us apart :D

Eh, I could try. I have a lot of balls to juggle however.

Any particular style I should try to aim for?

Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: October 23, 2009, 10:12:54 am »

Similar to your door, i'd say.

Engineering and maintencence (Places people don't often go) would look better as bare, and utilitarian, but the rest, clinical all the way!

(Would you do chars also :D)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: October 24, 2009, 11:00:56 am »

Anyone wants a server?

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #5533 on: October 24, 2009, 01:32:13 pm »

Ooh, me! Me!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: October 24, 2009, 03:11:09 pm »

how could i miss that post? ok, taking server up for a couple of hours.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 950