Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810458 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5505 on: October 20, 2009, 03:33:09 pm »

Nanotrasen?

Wait, isnt Baystation supplied by Centcom? Or is that just the company that owns it?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: October 20, 2009, 03:35:10 pm »

No clue. But they have a cool name.  :P

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:43 pm »

I think I have a solution to the whole no admin problem. We can impliment a flag system that kicks people out if they have been flaged enough times for the rest of the round, and if they have been kicked out a set amount, they are banned from the server. When Admins are around though, flagging should de-activate, and manual control should take over.

Not sure how hard to impliment it will be.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »

I would prefer banning for more than one hour to be impossible with the flagging system, but other than that it sounds great. You probably meant for it to work that way already, though.

Edit: Grammar fix.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:16:27 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5509 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »

Nanotrasen?

Wait, isnt Baystation supplied by Centcom? Or is that just the company that owns it?

Centcom is just short for Central Command, which centralise the operations of the (generally catastrophically failing) stations. Under the NanoTrasen banner.

NanoTrasen: "We own you."

... That is a trasen?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:08:50 pm by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:47 pm »

NanoTrasen.

Just think of em like Umbrella Corp, and you'll have the gist of their scope.  Basically one giant monopoly corp doing pretty much all business in the world and the Syndicate(Which is also a corporation, albeit less ethical about their methods) doing perhaps 10% of global business at most.

CentCom is indeed Central Command.  Otherwise known as that station the shuttle docks at when you leave SS13.  RP-wise it's supposed to have it's own crew, but given the typical server size it was never made to have any.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:50 am »

Im just reporting I will rejoin the bay12 endevour again. (I got a OD on drama, so a break is a better idea than quitting altogether)
Now, about this flagging system... this system should also contain a Immunity for traitors, obviously. And maybe a sort of flagging reason?
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:52 pm »

Just wanted to say ive completed half of a flagging system.

need to make it pretty.

i perma/super/uber banned myself of my server.

do bay12 have timed bans?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:06 pm »

Well I s'pose it could work.
'Sup.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: October 21, 2009, 03:25:31 pm »

I'm glad to announce that the flagging system is nearly ready.

Green is working,Yellow is soon done Red is not been started on.,
Features
-Lists how many times someone got flagged on admin player panel in the list keys menu.
-You can only flag the same person once. // I dont like lists.
-Checks if the mob is a client
-Checks so your not targeting yourself.
-Checks if the players is a traitor if so the guy who flagged them gets the normal message that the player has been flaged.
-Ban(No time ban yet)
-Admin able to turn it on and off.
-Auto disableing the system once a admin logs on

Anything more needed?.

and who is the "source master" of the bay12 servers?.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:58:56 pm by head »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: October 21, 2009, 03:32:01 pm »

I would believe that honour is bestowed upon the magnificent Qwerty.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: October 21, 2009, 04:33:57 pm »

This reminds me of an old system we had for SS13 on the second "official" site called UHRS(I forget what it stood for).  While most of the time it didn't work properly, when it did, what it allowed you to do was give a rating on a player in a server between 1-5 if you were logged in to the site.  It would average out the ratings and the person's key in UHRS would show up colored.  Dark Red meant the person averaged a 1, Orange a 3 and Bright green a 5.

Eventually Zjm redirected the UHRS to a rickroll instead after making an announcement that he had fixed it.  I don't think it ever worked more than a week.   :P

Anyways, as for flagging.  What should be the limit per round before a kick/ban is given?  A certain ratio of current server size?  Because as it stands, a mass exodus of troublemakers from another server could easily jump in and flag a bunch of legitimate players getting them banned for the round.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: October 21, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »

I think a "standing" system should be intorduced.

peple with good "standing" (determined by votes or something) has more power than the power of a Nublet.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: October 21, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

This reminds me of an old system we had for SS13 on the second "official" site called UHRS(I forget what it stood for).  While most of the time it didn't work properly, when it did, what it allowed you to do was give a rating on a player in a server between 1-5 if you were logged in to the site.  It would average out the ratings and the person's key in UHRS would show up colored.  Dark Red meant the person averaged a 1, Orange a 3 and Bright green a 5.

Eventually Zjm redirected the UHRS to a rickroll instead after making an announcement that he had fixed it.  I don't think it ever worked more than a week.   :P

Anyways, as for flagging.  What should be the limit per round before a kick/ban is given?  A certain ratio of current server size?  Because as it stands, a mass exodus of troublemakers from another server could easily jump in and flag a bunch of legitimate players getting them banned for the round.

They have to team up then.

since you can only flag one time per person.

eg ninja flags greifer
now he cant flag greifer anymore.
etc.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:21 pm »

Hence why I said a group of troublemakers.  Heck, someone with a couple keys and a proxy could abuse this like crazy.

So you'll probably need some sort of standing system like Jakkara said.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 950