Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810434 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5490 on: October 19, 2009, 06:44:08 pm »

I have a 48MBPs connection. I could host during Friday and Saturday, as well as Sunday night.

tNok85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: October 19, 2009, 06:53:19 pm »

The general Consensus is that Dr. Johbson is our "leader" of sorts.

He is the man who usually hosts the server, have a word with him, and we can work this aaaaaaaall out my good sir.

Alright, I'll drop him a message with questions and information...

As a side note, this would be a permanent solution (so nobody would ever have to designate nights to host) and usually cost around $20-$30 a month for the 'entry level' packages (512MB RAM, 100GB bandwidth / month, Windows 2003, and very high bandwidth, full remote desktop) but without more information I can't recommend the right one.

Would people who play this be willing to donate to have a 24/7 stable server? (Not to me obviously)

Note: I don't have an interest in being an admin/mod/whatever, nor holding any control of anything, and probably not even in playing... I'd just be more than happy to give advice and maybe help kick things off to give a little back to the Bay12 community that has entertained me for so long.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5492 on: October 20, 2009, 03:32:06 am »

Very nice Cajoes!

Very clinical looking. Can you possibly do some Bulkhead-Style doors for outer airlocks and heavy duty areas?

What the heck is "bulkhead" style?

Well gee, apparently resizing it in photoshop killed the resolution. But anyway, - all the fiddly bits and layers are done, the animation will have flashy lights in three colours and the idle door will keep flashing the stupid lights even if there's a complete and utter powerfailure... Oh well can't plan for everything.

God I love layering.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: October 20, 2009, 03:40:02 am »

Those are some purdy pictures.

Would people who play this be willing to donate to have a 24/7 stable server? (Not to me obviously)
I'd be willing, but getting cash over the internet is a hassel. The way I think it ought to be is a $100 donation for the first 3 months and see how it goes.

Also, for admining purposes, would it be possible to have a strike log? Something that records all attacks on who by whom (regardless of disguise) and when to help sort out disputes.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: October 20, 2009, 05:37:20 am »

It seems to me the place has finally calmed down.
I left for a few days because I'm not known for my skills in Talking-Civilly-Whilst-Angry/Frustrated.
I read all the many pages that sped by while I was gone. I'm..not going to say anything.

Nice work there, Cajoes, if you have any idea how to implement that in-game I'll glady to it. ;D

Now, what I believe should happen, is what Smitehappy suggested, we should all take a small to large break from SS13 before we implode from drama. I'm still willing to host every once in a while, but definitely not every day. At least for a while. I think it has been too long without a game of Dwarf Fortress for many of us. To kickstart our break, (Well, at least mine  :P ) I plan to start a bloodline game! I should have a thread up tomorrow or so, please feel free to join up, no matter how much you may suck.  ;D

Data, if you're still here, I think you should just ignore the lot of us, stop posting about..anything, and just move on. I'm glad you want to publicly release your host files, I know many people would love to play around with your work and do what they wish to do with it.

Again, I'll say I'm sorry this didn't work out. All of us here have different mindsets about SS13, and we all want different things. Both of our personalities certainly didn't help either, but it is good that we had such a clash sooner, than later, before it became harder accept. We both, as well as many other players, tried something very new when we merged. It didn't work out very well, that is evident, but that doesn't matter anymore. It was not the best time for me to leave, without notice, these past 4 days, but I had to do so to clear my mind from SS13 drama.

I appreciate your work and your time. I am sorry about many things I said.

And now, because this thread has become too serious, a horrible Ork Translation! Yay!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: October 20, 2009, 10:28:29 am »

It seems to me the place has finally calmed down.
I left for a few days because I'm not known for my skills in Talking-Civilly-Whilst-Angry/Frustrated.
I read all the many pages that sped by while I was gone. I'm..not going to say anything.

Nice work there, Cajoes, if you have any idea how to implement that in-game I'll glady to it. ;D

Now, what I believe should happen, is what Smitehappy suggested, we should all take a small to large break from SS13 before we implode from drama. I'm still willing to host every once in a while, but definitely not every day. At least for a while. I think it has been too long without a game of Dwarf Fortress for many of us. To kickstart our break, (Well, at least mine  :P ) I plan to start a bloodline game! I should have a thread up tomorrow or so, please feel free to join up, no matter how much you may suck.  ;D

Data, if you're still here, I think you should just ignore the lot of us, stop posting about..anything, and just move on. I'm glad you want to publicly release your host files, I know many people would love to play around with your work and do what they wish to do with it.

Again, I'll say I'm sorry this didn't work out. All of us here have different mindsets about SS13, and we all want different things. Both of our personalities certainly didn't help either, but it is good that we had such a clash sooner, than later, before it became harder accept. We both, as well as many other players, tried something very new when we merged. It didn't work out very well, that is evident, but that doesn't matter anymore. It was not the best time for me to leave, without notice, these past 4 days, but I had to do so to clear my mind from SS13 drama.

I appreciate your work and your time. I am sorry about many things I said.

And now, because this thread has become too serious, a horrible Ork Translation! Yay!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lol loveing that ork translation anyway

very nice doors remember that you need one for hacked etc.
also id be happy to complie your door animation into byond format.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:37 am »

very nice doors remember that you need one for hacked etc.
also id be happy to complie your door animation into byond format.

While I appreciate the offers, I'm kind of already copy/pasting them straight into the byond engine from photoshop for playtests.

Can blast doors even be hacked?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: October 20, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »

Not really, hotwired is more like it. As we all know, computers in the future will regress from GUIs to text based interfaces with the exception of Artificial Intelligence, so I doubt anyone will have the knowhow to hack computers.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: October 20, 2009, 12:43:08 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:48:03 pm by Cajoes »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: October 20, 2009, 01:09:45 pm »

Very pretty.  I like.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: October 20, 2009, 01:11:46 pm »

Ditto.
'Sup.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: October 20, 2009, 01:31:27 pm »

I agree completely.

I would like to commend you sir! May we ask that you create a new tileset for our station?

Having our own set will set us apart :D

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: October 20, 2009, 02:21:42 pm »

Yeah our own tileset would be nice.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5503 on: October 20, 2009, 02:38:34 pm »

Ah, you're back.

Well, the reason it didn't work out is because you never gave it a chance. That aside, the host files for the SS13DL branch are publically available at http://www.ss13.net/?p=downloads, although several developers will have to join in as well to make this branch worthwhile. In any case, there would need to be one or several hosts actively hosting the branch in order for bugs to be reported and suggestions to be made. I'm hoping that Bay12 will be one of such servers.

Specifically for you lot I've added in a "dev_policy" variable. This doesn't necessarily prevent Developer-level (hard-coded) admins from interfering with the game, but it sends a clear message to any Developer-level administrator that logs in informing the local server policy about developers: basically it allows you to inform all Developer-level admins that you do not want them using their powers on your server unless stated otherwise by the host, which should suffice at least for me since I'm going to comply with such rules.

Again, I'll say I'm sorry this didn't work out. All of us here have different mindsets about SS13, and we all want different things.

I don't see our mindsets being that different about the game itself. Only the consensus on what an administrator is and isn't allowed to do seems to differ.

Both of our personalities certainly didn't help either, but it is good that we had such a clash sooner, than later, before it became harder accept. We both, as well as many other players, tried something very new when we merged. It didn't work out very well, that is evident, but that doesn't matter anymore.

The clash is annoying, since it just shows you're not capable of dealing with people outside of your mindset. Luckily I'm chock-full of compromises, so feel free to host the version I've published and I'll check the ss13.net forums regulary for suggestions and bug reports.

If this branch becomes popular, I may release a map editor and provide a means to get my computer to automatically compile the new map in and distribute the host files. That way, each server can have their own map (although it may take some trial & error to convert my map version to your map version).

It was not the best time for me to leave, without notice, these past 4 days, but I had to do so to clear my mind from SS13 drama.

I figure it still works out so long as these host files are being used, but it would've been nice to have you around since I was wondering what to do with the administrators and came to the conclusion it would be best to create a form so I could get to know them and filter the large list.

Oi, Data, if you still be here, da boss says you should shut up and leave, quick like! Da boys, though, they glad you want to teach da other orks 'bout da "thinkin." Maybe some other gits wanna think, we sure don't!

Er... umm... I should "shut up and leave quick like"? :P

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: October 20, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

Those really are nice. I'm loving that "NT," I imagine those guys liked to show off their product like VaultTec did, I'm really feeling it there.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 950