Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810319 times)

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5430 on: October 18, 2009, 04:39:15 am »

What is that supposed to mean? I always enjoyed your server, save for the weird bugs and changes you made. Like I said, not everyone wants serious RP all the time. I'm not gona fill such a form because you are taking charge of things and I do not want to 'bow down' to you when this is supposed to be a B12 server.

Yeah, it was supposed to be a Bay12 server. Except Johbson, the middleman between Bay12 and myself, ran away. Apparently, some of you aren't willing to run away with him, so I took charge. Would you rather want me to put Nameless in charge?

If Beorn or any other recognized B12 leader where to tell me to fill out such a form or somesuch, I wouldnt mind. But you, you aren't a B12er,

Wait a minute. I did hear someone talk about disliking the goons because of their goon-only stuff. Are you discriminating me because I'm not a regular Bay12 member like the rest of you?

and you certainly wont be trusted after what you have been doing.

If you won't put faith in my ability to command, then that's your deal. I'm in this for the people that do want change, not old goats like yourself who only want a server to play "serious" role-playing on.

There is a difference between 'being on equal terms', and 'taking charge of things and exploiting other people's trust'.

Correct. When I originally joined, I was under the impression that the former would be in effect. Unfortunately, it seems the latter was: I was working my ass off trying to fix them bugs and code in new features, just to have the guy I was supposed to be working with running away and ordering you lot to follow him. And the other guy only abused his powers causing lots of drama.

I'm an "on equal terms" kind of guy, but this was far from equal terms. You guys wanted your rules, and I wanted to compromise between the two. Your leader balked and ran away the moment I did something that didn't fit into his/your (he claimed you all want a "perfect server with 'good' (Johbson appointed) admins) perfect little world, and I was left sitting there with a frowny face because I had just wasted two days working on this Bay12 SS13 thing which was only going to turn out to be crap since I'd either have to give up my work to Johbson or throw it all in the trash.

In fact, despite any of this, I'm still an equal terms person. I'm going to read through those applications and one of the Bay12 admins - the one which is the most valuable and reasonable out of all of this - is going to take over Johbson's old position. That way, there'll be much better communication between the two of our peoples. :)

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: October 18, 2009, 05:25:27 am »

Andrea just suggested doing a poll (somehow) on whether Android can keep his server with Bay12 in the name. What do you think guys?
'Sup.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: October 18, 2009, 05:26:36 am »

Funny thing i said data would fuck up like 20 pages back.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: October 18, 2009, 05:36:44 am »

Yay, more drama.

bay12, we are not a hive mind, someone pointed that out to Data a few pages back, now I'm pointing it out to you, because of this we get to make choices individually, we don't all have to want to cooperate with Data, if you don't, simply don't and go work\play\host\administer on the pre-Data version. Those that do think cooperation with Data can work, and be a lot of fun, simply do.

Data, currently helping you develop is kinda hard, due to my still lacking SVN access, if you want me to help develop. If you don't want me to regret my decision (Individual free will example) to continue working with you, You would better get it fixed as soon as possible.

Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: October 18, 2009, 05:49:26 am »

and you certainly wont be trusted after what you have been doing.

If you won't put faith in my ability to command, then that's your deal. I'm in this for the people that do want change, not old goats like yourself who only want a server to play "serious" role-playing on.

Also, I'm not complaining about the lack of 'serious' RP. I like random fun from time to time. You have to understand that not all B12ers think alike. We are angry at you not because of us being 'elitist RPers', but because you are taking charge of things without our consent and still calling your server 'B12'.

Also, I'm not complaining about the lack of 'serious' RP.

I'm not complaining about the lack of 'serious' RP

I think that that proves beyond doubt how you selectively ignore whatever is good for you to ignore and emphasize on whatever is better for you to emphasize. You are the worst person possible to be the responsible for our server, or any server, or anything in general. You are an awesome coder, you have awesome ideas, but you are a shitty leader/main admin.

As such, I dont care whether I can ever play SS13 again or whatever, but I refuse to cooperate with you. If you do indeed give full power to a B12 admin and that admin turns out a good guy that can infact keep the server going well and all like Johb used to, I'll be more than happy to play on the server he admins, whether I am admin or not, but I will NEVER consider you leader of the B12 server no matter what.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5435 on: October 18, 2009, 06:34:59 am »

I think that that proves beyond doubt how you selectively ignore whatever is good for you to ignore and emphasize on whatever is better for you to emphasize. You are the worst person possible to be the responsible for our server, or any server, or anything in general. You are an awesome coder, you have awesome ideas, but you are a shitty leader/main admin.

Hey, just because I'm a little sarcastic in my replies doesn't mean I'm totally ignoring you.

As such, I dont care whether I can ever play SS13 again or whatever, but I refuse to cooperate with you.

Then go away. Quit responding to these messages and go play on the real official Bay12 server. Oh wait. You have no permanent server. You need somebody like me to host one, but when it comes with a different set of rules you whine about it. Well, sucks to be you I guess.

If you do indeed give full power to a B12 admin and that admin turns out a good guy that can infact keep the server going well and all like Johb used to, I'll be more than happy to play on the server he admins, whether I am admin or not, but I will NEVER consider you leader of the B12 server no matter what.

I don't give a rats ass what you consider me to be, since you're not important to my goals. You're not assisting me in the development of this version nor are you on my team. All you've made yourself out to be is a guy who keeps on whining about how I'm being naughty.

If you don't like my way of running things, then run along to your serious role-playing server* and quit paying attention to mine.

* FYI that was sarcasm. I know you don't care that much about it but since Johbson said that every Bay12er thinks this I'm rubbing it in.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: October 18, 2009, 06:56:19 am »

As such, I dont care whether I can ever play SS13 again or whatever, but I refuse to cooperate with you. If you do indeed give full power to a B12 admin and that admin turns out a good guy that can infact keep the server going well and all like Johb used to, I'll be more than happy to play on the server he admins, whether I am admin or not, but I will NEVER consider you leader of the B12 server no matter what.
Data has decided on me to fill this position, and Ill try to do it to the best of my ability.
I will also be handling any future admin applications as well as the current.
Note to current admins/moderators, You might have your admin powers removed till you reapply and get cleared.

Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: October 18, 2009, 07:05:16 am »

You don't have to read this unless you want to contribute to this,
TL;DR: In my opinion, I am deeply annoyed with data, but I respect people who have their opinions, I am quitting Space Station 13 and it's my birthday.

Okay, I am done with the silence now.
Because of the recent events, I am going away of Space Station 13.
You keep telling us that we NEED you to host, How come this thread has gone for 300 pages without you?
Second, I was in your server few times, I noticed that there were a lot of people there (32-35), too much to handle and many were griefing.
I also noticed that when you placed the server down, many of them went to the goon servers (Connection? I don't know)
Third, When one of us mentions something like "We Bay12'ers"
Why do you latch on to it? As it has been said, we are not a hivemind, we do not act as one, We are unique personalities, we think as unique separate minds, Everyone has their own unique opinion.
Fourth, We are getting angry at you, you pick out words and try to convert them to somewhat so the thing is easily counterable by just saying few words.
I loved playing SS13 on B12 servers, but honestly, Now it has just gone downhill.
Fifth, Stop pulling the marionette wires around, you are not the godfather.
It's not like you are our leader, Johbson is not our leader, Andrea is not our leader, Johbson and Andrea are fellow forum guys who we respect and give us a nice server every once in a while.
I am against data, But I respect people like Tp12 and few others who are with data, It's their decision, let me quote myself.
we are not a hivemind, we do not act as one, We are unique personalities, we think as unique separate minds, Everyone has their own unique opinion.
In my opinion, the server admin/master/coder whatever, I think he needs to listen to the public.
You removed the pull command and replaced it with grab:
Few guys disliked.
Admin application form:
Few guys disliked.

24/7 Is not anything good if no-one can handle it.
There are simply not enough admins to moderate the area.
It's like letting a forest fire burn and say "It's going to burn 24/7, everyone can gather around all the time and extinquish it, and then you notice there are some guys pouring gasoline on the far side."
While johbson and andrea's servers are like: "It's going to burn a little while but it's going to be kept under control so it won't spread and after the fire has been extinquished, Everyone gives each other hi-fives and everyone is happy"
This is just my opinion, everyone has their own opinion.

-My 50 and ½ cents.
PS: It's my birthday today, honestly.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:15 am »

Data has decided on me to fill this position, and Ill try to do it to the best of my ability.
Note to current admins/moderators, You might have your admin powers removed till you reapply and get cleared.

And how will you handle the admin applications? With Data's form that is basically a "What do you think of Data?" questionnaire?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: October 18, 2009, 08:13:05 am »

And how will you handle the admin applications? With Data's form that is basically a "What do you think of Data?" questionnaire?

I will be using that form, for now, till I We can think of something more generalised, and no, a positive view of Data is not required for me to accept your application. I will mostly base my judgement around the Data unrelated questions, and whether or not I've seen good behaviour in game. Also, All admins I appoint will have to prove themselves, if you misuse your powers, your out as fast as you went in.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: October 18, 2009, 08:35:44 am »

May i suggest you work on some tools for admins outside the superpower system? i find it quite annoying: i find annoying to have to balance the powers, because i must , as far as i have seen, go through the list lots of times to pick the one needed in that situation, or just take them all which spawns a list of mostly useless powers. I find it annoying that in this way, it is very easy for players to say that an admin is using his powers to make himself more powerful ingame.
I also don't like the huge mess that comes from respawn and superpowers, but i'll keep that for me since it is just a personal opinion.

I still suggest we get a poll, to decide to keep Data as an fficial server ( just the name ). If he wins, and he probably will, the drama will stop. Nobody can complain if community chose him with a fair vote. And we are all happy.
If he loses, what do he loses? just a name. Players who like it, will still go there.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5441 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:54 am »

You keep telling us that we NEED you to host, How come this thread has gone for 300 pages without you?

How many pages out of those 300 can you make out of all the "hey can somebody host?" posts that were made as time went on?

Second, I was in your server few times, I noticed that there were a lot of people there (32-35), too much to handle and many were griefing.
I also noticed that when you placed the server down, many of them went to the goon servers (Connection? I don't know)

Yeah, I'll be preparing the source so I can give out the host files, for those of you that want nothing to do with my server and those of you that want to host private servers.

Third, When one of us mentions something like "We Bay12'ers"
Why do you latch on to it? As it has been said, we are not a hivemind, we do not act as one, We are unique personalities, we think as unique separate minds, Everyone has their own unique opinion.

I latch onto it because I am forced to. My tiny little human brain isn't capable of perceiving each and every single one of you as individuals, so I have to cope by grouping people together. I am working to defeat this limitation, but I fear it is impossible.

Fourth, We are getting angry at you, you pick out words and try to convert them to somewhat so the thing is easily counterable by just saying few words.

?

I loved playing SS13 on B12 servers, but honestly, Now it has just gone downhill.

I agree.

In my opinion, the server admin/master/coder whatever, I think he needs to listen to the public.
You removed the pull command and replaced it with grab:
Few guys disliked.
Admin application form:
Few guys disliked.

Listening to the public can be a bad idea sometimes. The pull-to-grab is a perfect example of this: it has to be done because otherwise the game will become unbalanced, yet people don't like it because they liked the convenient "pull" verb.

As for the application form: unless you're Tp you have no right to yell to me about that at the moment.

24/7 Is not anything good if no-one can handle it.
There are simply not enough admins to moderate the area.

Hence the form.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: October 18, 2009, 09:03:00 am »

D:. Is it really that hard to remove Bay12 from your servers name, Data?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: October 18, 2009, 09:09:42 am »

I forgot: happy birthday Skibiliano

If there is anyone who prefer the old B12 server, i can host it if you ask. But be warned that i won't be able to admin, so there may be grief.

Rathen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: October 18, 2009, 09:58:07 am »

This is hilarious.

You were all warned so often. You chose to ignore it, and now it's fucked you. He'll never stop using that name, and now all your efforts to get this super special branch up against THOSE EVIL GOONS have been wasted.

Fantastic scenes guys, good work.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 950