Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810344 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5415 on: October 17, 2009, 07:32:02 pm »

I don't know who anyone is or why they were banned, but putting an extra ten seconds in to ensure you correctly spelled one of the main administrators' name correctly, would have increased the possibility of being unbanned. If an administrator already is on your side, maybe it doesn't matter.

What is the diffrance really?
Is he really that ego tripped  that he cares if a random guy on the internet spells his damm nick wrong?.
I'm really sorry that i messed up and i like the orginal bay12 server since you can actually rp on it.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: October 17, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »

I don't know who anyone is or why they were banned, but putting an extra ten seconds in to ensure you correctly spelled one of the main administrators' name correctly, would have increased the possibility of being unbanned. If an administrator already is on your side, maybe it doesn't matter.

Is he really that ego tripped  that he cares if a random guy on the internet spells his damm nick wrong?.
I'm really sorry that i messed up and i like the orginal bay12 server since you can actually rp on it.

Wow, you're so freaking stupid, i seriously didnt know that was possible, head.

You basically dont waste ten seconds to try to make johbson actually care about you by spelling his name right, then you admit your guilty for the crime you were banned for, then proceed to shrug it off like you never started anything here.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:18:24 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: October 17, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »

Wow, you're so freaking stupid, i seriously didnt know that was possible, head.

You basically dont waste ten seconds to try to make johbson actually care about you by spelling his name right, then you admit your guilty for the crime you were banned for, then proceed to shrug it off like you never started anything here.

Yea i tryed to kill him.

And your telling me that never happens on S13?.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5418 on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:04 pm »

It's just that people who care about being unbanned for a legitimate reason tend to care about their grammar and spelling, because they want to appear respectful and intelligent. Whatever your problem, it would best be resolved with the one who banned you initially. Stating that they are ego tripping because people ask you to at least find the spelling of their name? It's not as if this forum had a hundred thousand users, or even five thousand per day active. Dr. Johbson does not care that much if you misspell his name(I think), but not even trying shows that you don't respect him, or the English language, and the result is that most people who might have been friendly towards you and your situation are now biased against you.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:59 pm »

Oh, interesting development.

http://ss13.net/byond/admin/admin.php

Message associated with it.

[17/10] You can now apply for administrator access by clicking here (do not post more than once; existing admins need to reapply (even Bay12 admins, ESPECIALLY Bay12 admins)!)

Some of those scenarios sound VERY familiar, especially situation #4 for me.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:12 pm »

Oh, yeah sorry, i forgot to mention that :P

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: October 17, 2009, 10:19:31 pm »

Ok, so, this is what has happened.

Data comes over here, asking to intergrate his code with us and he hosts for us occasionally, a few people are douches, most people nice including Johbson. Data gets annoyed at douches, but everything calms down. Data hosts for us occasionally. Data makes himself Sylar, which annoys people. People complain. Data dosen't really care. Johbson disagrees with Data and tells him to piss of or something (I don't really know), Data says Johbson is power hungry and we all follow him no matter what he does and he's stupid (some sort of insults along that level). Data then says that he's the official Bay12 hoster, despite the fact that he dosen't come from Bay12, he dosen't have the full support of Bay12, and also says that 'he feels abused by Bay12'. His server does not have the Bay12 administrators on it now.

Data: Continue hosting, but take Bay12 out of your server name. You are not Bay12. You have no Bay12 administrators except those who apply and answer well to your questions of "I want to be Sylar, will you let me?" and "Is Data awesome or what?". Saying you are Bay12 is lieing. Try not to just ignore this, as you ignore most criticism.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:22:42 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: October 18, 2009, 02:59:47 am »

... Is this "Form" some kind of joke?

Data, seriously, I and many others tried to give you a chance and all, but this is plain stupid. You come here to propose to us to let us have a B12 server with your code without any strings attached, and then you start alienating the B12 people, you declare Dr. Johbson, our agreed-upon representative and leader and hoster, who we all trust waaaaay more than we will ever trust you, to be going against you wrongly, you riddle the server with bugs and features we never wanted/asked for, you abuse (yes, ABUSE) your admin powers to give yourself an advantage ingame, and now, you REMOVE ALL B12 ADMINS AND DEMAND THAT THEY FILL OUT A FORM THAT BASICALLY ASKS THEM 'DO YOU LUV DATA AND WILL YOU ALWAYS FOLLOW HIS SUPER-INFLATED EGO NO MATTER WHAT'?

All I can say now is: GTFHO. Yours isnt a B12 server. You are just exploiting the name. There arent even any B12 admins left for it, and even if there were, you would treat them as your slaves instead of being our 'benefactor'. A B12 server should be ruled by B12 people, not an ego-tripping shithead like you. Either accept that and give the B12 representative (Johbson, or whoever else is currently considered to be our main administrator) FULL power (Developer admin rank) With NO strings attached and full power to declare whoever they want as admins and to decide any other thing related to the server, or remove the name of B12 from your server.

EDIT: Just to make it extra clear, I'm in no way ever filling out that form or any other similar thing, on the bases of following my principles. I do NOT have to apply for a position I already RIGHTLY have, and a position that can only be given or removed by the people of B12, not some random guy that comes here and claims to want to help us just to rip us off.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:02:21 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5423 on: October 18, 2009, 03:09:30 am »

Data comes over here, asking to intergrate his code with us and he hosts for us occasionally, a few people are douches, most people nice including Johbson. Data gets annoyed at douches, but everything calms down.

I suppose this far counts.

Data hosts for us occasionally.

24/7.

Data makes himself Sylar, which annoys people. People complain. Data dosen't really care.

I do care, but...

Johbson disagrees with Data and tells him to piss of or something (I don't really know),

...Johbson immediately leaves instead of talking things out properly.

Data says Johbson is power hungry and we all follow him no matter what he does and he's stupid (some sort of insults along that level).

Actually Johbson has shown that he can't even work together, since the moment someone does something he doesn't like he leaves. Wtf?

Data then says that he's the official Bay12 hoster, despite the fact that he dosen't come from Bay12, he dosen't have the full support of Bay12, and also says that 'he feels abused by Bay12'. His server does not have the Bay12 administrators on it now.

I never said I was the official Bay12 host. And even then, who gives a crap?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: October 18, 2009, 03:11:47 am »

We do. If I set up an account named 'Data' on SA, and started pissing everyone off, you would care right? Your server is not B12, don't call it such.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5425 on: October 18, 2009, 03:25:21 am »

... Is this "Form" some kind of joke?

No, it's all pretty serious. There are three purposes for this form:
1) To determine how the Bay12 administrators think and to adapt to that a little.
2) To determine who would be suitable as an administrator.
3) To give those that apply some tips and tricks on administrating.

Data, seriously, I and many others tried to give you a chance and all, but this is plain stupid.

Yeah, must be just as stupid as Johbson's actions. I must be adapting to your self-proclaimed leader already.

You come here to propose to us to let us have a B12 server with your code without any strings attached,

I'm sorry, but I was under the assumption here that we'd all be working together, not that one person would try to be a leader or something.

and then you start alienating the B12 people, you declare Dr. Johbson, our agreed-upon representative and leader and hoster, who we all trust waaaaay more than we will ever trust you, to be going against you wrongly,

Correct; he left all of the sudden without even talking things out with me. The only person Johbson bothered to speak to is Nameless, except he's so untrustworthy that nobody wanted him to be an admin.

you riddle the
server with bugs and features we never wanted/asked for,

Is this still about the pull-to-grab? Cause' that was supposed to happen ages ago. So far I'm all about fixing what's already there.

you abuse (yes, ABUSE) your admin powers to give yourself an advantage ingame,

And? Once I did this, I didn't abuse this advantage to the slightest. But let me ask you: are you playtesting? No? Then that sets us apart, now doesn't it?

and now, you REMOVE ALL B12 ADMINS AND DEMAND THAT THEY FILL OUT A FORM THAT BASICALLY ASKS THEM 'DO YOU LUV DATA AND WILL YOU ALWAYS FOLLOW HIS SUPER-INFLATED EGO NO MATTER WHAT'?

I have no idea which one of you Bay12 admins wants to join and which ones don't. I have no idea how you guys respond to actual situations because only Johbson knows you lot.

Although the form does say "whose authority would you listen to on the server?" it is perfectly acceptable to choose "solo" out of that list. The only reason I put that there is because you might have a better way of running the server than me. It also helps me to catch the ass-kissers.

All I can say now is: GTFHO. Yours isnt a B12 server. You are just exploiting the name. There arent even any B12 admins left for it, and even if there were, you would treat them as your slaves instead of being our 'benefactor'.

Actually, at the very least there's tp, and there's a couple of others too, I believe. And they're not slaves, although I do expect them to abide by rules I set up I'm more than willing to sit at the table and let them decide on a set of rules.

A B12 server should be ruled by B12 people, not an ego-tripping shithead like you.

It's so funny to call me "ego-tripping" even though the only thing I wanted out of this was to be treated as an equal. Instead, both parties involved (Nameless, Bay12) didn't treat me as equals: Nameless just dicked around on the server, and your guy leaves the moment he disagrees instead of talking about it.

Either accept that and give the B12 representative (Johbson, or whoever else is currently considered to be our main administrator) FULL power (Developer admin rank) With NO strings attached and full power to declare whoever they want as admins and to decide any other thing related to the server, or remove the name of B12 from your server.

I might just remove the Bay12 bit from my server. Initially I thought that this was a community which would be similar to the goons in the "working together" aspect, but your leader shares the same madness AZA does: bailing out whenever things don't work out immediately.

EDIT: Just to make it extra clear, I'm in no way ever filling out that form or any other similar thing, on the bases of following my principles.

Okay? Yeah? And? It's obvious that even if you did fill it out for the heck of it, and I accepted you, that you wouldn't bother to come to my server anyway.

I do NOT have to apply for a position I already RIGHTLY have, and a position that can only be given or removed by the people of B12, not some random guy that comes here and claims to want to help us just to rip us off.

Your position is not a position you have by right. If me and Johbson were actually working together I'd be able to say this just fine. The thing is, Johbson ain't around anymore and somebody has to fill those shoes.

The admin list is filled with Bay12 admins, and I don't even know who is who. Perhaps this is the first step to separating the server from Bay12, but it could just as well be the first step to a new beginning.

But one thing is for sure: This would've never happened if Johbson didn't bail out on you guys.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5426 on: October 18, 2009, 03:28:14 am »

We do. If I set up an account named 'Data' on SA, and started pissing everyone off, you would care right?

No, I wouldn't. Go right ahead. It'll be funny for me reading those posts.

Your server is not B12, don't call it such.

I can call myself whatever the heck I want to call it. And if you don't like the title that's currently being displayed, you can take your elitist "we only want perfect servers and no other servers must share our name" attitude to your own server. Which isn't online yet. Whoops!

I have tried to play things by your rules, and if Johbson hadn't left any and this admin form would've been discussed a long time ago and quite possibly rejected. Now that Johbson has left I can't sit idly by whilst crap happens. I have to take charge, and the first step is re-evaluating the administrators, most of whom I still don't know. (yes, I can type in bold too)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: October 18, 2009, 03:46:16 am »

All you have said up to now points to the fact that you want to separate from us B12ers. Then please do, that's all we are asking. Change your server name, get out of here, and we'll be more than content to return to how things were before you came and to not give a crap about what you do on your server. Just stop claiming that your server is B12. Asking that is not because we are being 'Elitist', but because you are exploiting OUR name on your server that has nothing to do with us, just to get our playerbase.

Also, I'm not complaining about the lack of 'serious' RP. I like random fun from time to time. You have to understand that not all B12ers think alike. We are angry at you not because of us being 'elitist RPers', but because you are taking charge of things without our consent and still calling your server 'B12'.

And really, you are complaining of 'wishing to be as equals' here with us, yet you dump all our admins from a server bearing our name, and then refuse to give US the right to choose OUR admins, or atleast remove OUR name from your server?

Your main 'excuse' is that Johbson left so you can do whatever you want? Well Beorn said he will be our new leader/representative, and since no one has disagreed, he is more or less that. So give him Johbson's rank/power and let him decide who B12 admins to keep/add/remove while you chose what non-B12 admins to keep/add/remove.

EDIT: Just to make it extra clear, I'm in no way ever filling out that form or any other similar thing, on the bases of following my principles.

Okay? Yeah? And? It's obvious that even if you did fill it out for the heck of it, and I accepted you, that you wouldn't bother to come to my server anyway.

What is that supposed to mean? I always enjoyed your server, save for the weird bugs and changes you made. Like I said, not everyone wants serious RP all the time. I'm not gona fill such a form because you are taking charge of things and I do not want to 'bow down' to you when this is supposed to be a B12 server.

If Beorn or any other recognized B12 leader where to tell me to fill out such a form or somesuch, I wouldnt mind. But you, you aren't a B12er, and you certainly wont be trusted after what you have been doing. There is a difference between 'being on equal terms', and 'taking charge of things and exploiting other people's trust'.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:56:14 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: October 18, 2009, 03:55:11 am »

So, can anybody else get a server up?
I've played some mafia.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: October 18, 2009, 04:20:24 am »

well, fuck. The drama...
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 950