Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810281 times)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5400 on: October 17, 2009, 11:52:33 am »

It's not the general tone as much as his (Data) generalization of "Us Bay12rs" [I'm bothered by]. We're not a hive mind. We're induvidualistic entities with our unique (deriviative) ideas, personalities and opinions on how things should be organized.

I don't follow Johbson any more than I follow the sun to produce necessary sugars through photosynthesis. But I respect his willingness to host for us when he is able and willing.

Now I'm sorry if you feel insulted by the behaviour of this community. But I am pretty certain most of them were only percieved slights. The universe does not revolve around any one person. - For example. My ragequit was aimed largely towards that wanker who tossed my atmos tech card through the airlock. Thus preventing me from cleaning up the massive gas spills which were becoming dangerously abundant across the station. And I'd like to apologize for that. Even though most people would have had a similar reaction. :/

Edit: In case it wasn't entirely clear. No I do not produce necessary sugars through photosynthesis. As vegetative I can appear sometimes, I am not a plant.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:12:13 pm by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:46 pm »

but you brownnose the sun in your sig, interesting, interesting....
Hello Hunam

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5402 on: October 17, 2009, 12:28:03 pm »

but you brownnose the sun in your sig, interesting, interesting....
It's not brown nosing. It's a horrible horrible pun which killed the Roman empire.

There's a slight difference.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: October 17, 2009, 12:55:00 pm »

There should be a game mode where 10 minutes in, every non-head gets a message saying basically that the time has come to eliminate the ruling class. It should appear to be rev. mode, so that metagamers are somewhat prepared for such an overthrow, but can't predict if it is a sudden everyone change or if there are a few rev. leaders.

I would reccomend only giving people minor administration powers, basically the ability to do the equivalent of enter observer mode and watch for trouble. Abilities should be severely limited, just enough that they can disrupt potential greifing before it becomes a problem. Those that prove trustworthy should then get incrementally more access, so that the process of getting to a fully trusted admin takes weeks, to discourage any power abusers and only leave the benevolent ones who actually care for the server.

I think that something similar was used for BS12(Or at least they did have to be tested, or at least observed playing). I skipped the process by coding, but at the same time never massively abused any admin powers(Example: Nuke everything, kill the players, trap the shuttle, and laugh evilly, and repeat whenever the server resets), so they never had any reason to get rid of me. Plus, most rounds, I usually ignored any special abilities, and enjoyed manual maintainence(fixing grille layers was always an exception, until I finally bothered to fix it in a code patch).

Regardless, outside(not part of the development/hosting process) administrators must be observed and warned/demoted at sufficient notice or signs of corruption. Better to temporarily demote an admin on false charges than let an evil dictator rule while you are AFK.

Edit: Would like to point out I started writing it 4/5 replies earlier.

Nice idea!
'Sup.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5404 on: October 17, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »

It's not the general tone as much as his (Data) generalization of "Us Bay12rs" [I'm bothered by]. We're not a hive mind. We're induvidualistic entities with our unique (deriviative) ideas, personalities and opinions on how things should be organized.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I have tried to limit my usage of the words "Bay12ers" carefully enough.

I don't follow Johbson any more than I follow the sun to produce necessary sugars through photosynthesis.

Uh...

Now I'm sorry if you feel insulted by the behaviour of this community. But I am pretty certain most of them were only percieved slights. The universe does not revolve around any one person.

I'm not insulted by the Bay12 community as a whole; just the reaction of some of the members of it, and the reaction of its leadership to my actions (just pack your bags and leave instead of talking it out).

Edit: In case it wasn't entirely clear. No I do not produce necessary sugars through photosynthesis. As vegetative I can appear sometimes, I am not a plant.

::)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »

I'll take over Johbson's job as head admin and admin appointer. I can't admin constantly, but I can keep an eye over the other admins.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: October 17, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »

yay
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: October 17, 2009, 03:40:58 pm »

Seriously . i want to be unbanned.

Jobnson. seriously now.

Lets see jobnson.

What did i do to deserve the ban?
Did i kill anyone?
Hmhm?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: October 17, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

I'd say a good start would be spelling his name right. :P

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: October 17, 2009, 05:49:53 pm »

I'd say a good start would be spelling his name right. :P
I could hardly care about his nick.

it starts with j..

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5410 on: October 17, 2009, 06:10:44 pm »

Then how could you possibly care about our standards of quality, if you don't care to go back a page or few, to get the person likely to decide if you really deserve to be banned to reconsider you?

It's quite likely that you could hardly care about proper non-greifing gameplay.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5411 on: October 17, 2009, 06:31:48 pm »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: October 17, 2009, 06:44:39 pm »

Then how could you possibly care about our standards of quality, if you don't care to go back a page or few, to get the person likely to decide if you really deserve to be banned to reconsider you?

It's quite likely that you could hardly care about proper non-greifing gameplay.

I proved myself to andrea.
il mostly play medical doctor or engineering running around fixing the station and  shit.
i got banned for trying to kill jobson.
because it was post-apoc and he was running around saying he was the hop?!
apparently the hop survived for 100 years aboard a freaking wrecked space station.
so i told him very specifically i did not trust him then then sat a canister on fire..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:46:26 pm by head »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5413 on: October 17, 2009, 06:54:39 pm »

I don't know who anyone is or why they were banned, but putting an extra ten seconds in to ensure you correctly spelled one of the main administrators' name correctly, would have increased the possibility of being unbanned. If an administrator already is on your side, maybe it doesn't matter.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: October 17, 2009, 07:21:33 pm »

Your quality of spelling and grammar, along with your blatant admittal of guilt, pretty much ensures I won't unban you from Data's server. Johbson's and Andrea's, you have to ask them, as I am just an admin on there, and don't run them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 950