Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810258 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5385 on: October 17, 2009, 09:53:20 am »

I can say for sure I don't represent the majority of bay12 players, but I for one definetly prefer having a "sometimes up and always adminned well" server to a "24/7 shitfest" server.

PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: October 17, 2009, 09:56:58 am »

Ok, I'm getting sick of this. Stop trashing Data just because you don't like how he admins. I've had good and bad rounds on his server when it was up long ago, just like I've had good and bad rounds on our version. If you don't like how he admins, don't play with him; end of story. I will admit that his server wasn't always admined well, but that was mainly because his admins were shit. Most of them acted like an admin should when he was there, but as soon as he left; the shit started flying. They went into panic mode when he would send messages over the sever as the host.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:01:03 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: October 17, 2009, 10:07:41 am »

Umm yeah well done.
I was just having an actual conversation rather than my usual
"lol u suk".
Anyway , Data, What I said still stands.
(p.s mono is a sillybilly)

fake edit : nearly forgot "gay" taunts r bad,

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: October 17, 2009, 10:08:11 am »

You're perfectly entitled to host your own server, and I think you'll find that we do have hosts, namely Johbson and Andrea.

They're not even up 24/7. lol!

Now you just seem like you're flaming.

My opinion: Data goes somewhere else and continues to host his server with Bay12 off it. We play Andrea and Johbsons servers when they host it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: October 17, 2009, 10:17:59 am »

You're perfectly entitled to host your own server, and I think you'll find that we do have hosts, namely Johbson and Andrea.

They're not even up 24/7. lol!

Now you just seem like you're flaming.

My opinion: Data goes somewhere else and continues to host his server with Bay12 off it. We play Andrea and Johbsons servers when they host it.

Exactly, can't we just forget about Data and go back to normaL?
'Sup.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:23 am »

Yesterday test failed due to lack of stability of my internet connection.
So now server is going up again!

The Survivor

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, I made that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: October 17, 2009, 10:29:12 am »

Haha guys you'll love to hear this. Nameless, being his predictable self, just gave Conco the source files for Android's version that we have been using recently. Is this his petty attempt at revenge?
'Sup.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5392 on: October 17, 2009, 10:43:34 am »

Ok, I'm getting sick of this. Stop trashing Data just because you don't like how he admins.

Uh? The whole point of working together was that I'd work on the game and I'd let you Bay12 people handle who is and isn't an admin.

Also, some of the administrators have raised alarm bells in my head as to their behavior. So yeah, it seems that even Johbson's "perfect" admins aren't so perfect after all.

TheSurvivor: This isn't just a "go somewhere else and forget" gig. I've been abused by Bay12. First you guys come to me and have me work my ass off, then I misbehave according to your rules once and you all start packing your bags. Screw you.

And yeah, Nameless is so predictable. I had a choice between removing him as an administrator with the very likely chance that he'd pull this stunt, or keep him around to ruin the server. I chose the former.

My suggestion for you Bay12ers is to ignore Johbson for once and to join my server. If you don't like how the server is administrated, talk to me about it! I'm reluctant to add admins because I don't want to put myself in such a position again, but I have no problem with existing admins referring others.

Because Johbson left there's a power vacuum which Nameless tried to fill, except everybody thinks he sucks so I stepped in to remove him. At present I'm the highest level administrator and I'm the guy in charge, and I'd like for one of you to step forward and take some of this strain off of me. My desire is to work together with you guys, not to start dictating every little thing. I have no time for that.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:46 am »

You could hold admin tryouts, I'm pretty sure you would get a good turnout, and those people who you DO choose to admin that are good admins would report the bad ones.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5394 on: October 17, 2009, 11:07:23 am »

I'll do that. I'll also make ss13.net more habitable I guess. I'd like it if people used ss13.net, but this thread'll do just fine for the time being.

Unless everyone in Bay12 suddenly starts to revolt. Oh man. That would suck!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:21 am »

Oh man maybe you should stop being a silly-billy.
tl;dr more words

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: October 17, 2009, 11:18:50 am »

Data how should we go about getting admin?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5397 on: October 17, 2009, 11:20:33 am »

There should be a game mode where 10 minutes in, every non-head gets a message saying basically that the time has come to eliminate the ruling class. It should appear to be rev. mode, so that metagamers are somewhat prepared for such an overthrow, but can't predict if it is a sudden everyone change or if there are a few rev. leaders.

I would reccomend only giving people minor administration powers, basically the ability to do the equivalent of enter observer mode and watch for trouble. Abilities should be severely limited, just enough that they can disrupt potential greifing before it becomes a problem. Those that prove trustworthy should then get incrementally more access, so that the process of getting to a fully trusted admin takes weeks, to discourage any power abusers and only leave the benevolent ones who actually care for the server.

I think that something similar was used for BS12(Or at least they did have to be tested, or at least observed playing). I skipped the process by coding, but at the same time never massively abused any admin powers(Example: Nuke everything, kill the players, trap the shuttle, and laugh evilly, and repeat whenever the server resets), so they never had any reason to get rid of me. Plus, most rounds, I usually ignored any special abilities, and enjoyed manual maintainence(fixing grille layers was always an exception, until I finally bothered to fix it in a code patch).

Regardless, outside(not part of the development/hosting process) administrators must be observed and warned/demoted at sufficient notice or signs of corruption. Better to temporarily demote an admin on false charges than let an evil dictator rule while you are AFK.

Edit: Would like to point out I started writing it 4/5 replies earlier.
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:37 am »

So, like, powers would be something like this?

New Admin:
Can Observe and kick people

Level 1 Admin:
Can Observe, kick, ban for 10 or less minutes, give an ooc mute to players, and start votes

Level 2 Admin:
Can Observe, kick, ban for 30 minutes or less, give a mute to players, start votes, and change game mode

etc. etc.?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: October 17, 2009, 11:34:27 am »

Would currently trusted admins such as myself already gain the highest level?

Also, Good plan Qwerty.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 950