Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810229 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5325 on: October 16, 2009, 08:30:22 am »

u? data, i wasn't speaking to you, neither about this evening's server. I got an update from qwerty that *might* fix the crash in our version, and i am testing it now. That is what i was speaking about: i will not be there to admin, neither will other admins, probably ( due to time zones). So some people, not people from this forum usually, might see that as an invite to grief. Not speaking about you at all.

so... if you want to help testing server stability, my server is [size=8]UP[/size]

i love that color.

edit: had to reset router, hope that now it works better.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:35:24 am by andrea »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: October 16, 2009, 08:47:52 am »

I have to agree with Data, it is MUCH easier to add the stuff from our old version into his new version than vice-versa, so why shouldnt we? Although Data better fix his bugs ASAP, before we start adding more stuff.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: October 16, 2009, 08:49:38 am »

mainly cansiters not working. probable problem is intent ( it seem to be all buggy after he changed "pull"), but i just had to break one to release plasma in the engine. the panel just wouldn't open when i clicked on it.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5328 on: October 16, 2009, 09:07:34 am »

mainly cansiters not working.

They work fine for me. They were broken a couple of versions ago but I fixed that. Did you check recently?

probable problem is intent ( it seem to be all buggy after he changed "pull"), but i just had to break one to release plasma in the engine. the panel just wouldn't open when i clicked on it.

Don't use the grab intent; switch to one of the other intents or you'll grab the canister instead of pulling it. Eventually I'm going to make it so when you grab it'll switch back to your earlier intent. For now just use the pull verb instead of the grab intent.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:01 am »

In my opinion you guys need to stop being overwhelmed by Data's ability to post completely irrelevant words.
I think most of you just can't be bothered reading it all and assume he's right.

All Data is ever gonna do is try and leech as much power as possible.
That's why He and AZA didn't get along, because both of them were power-hungry.
Just go back to how it was and exclude Data.
tia
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:32 am »

then canisters are just broken, since i had the "disarm" intent. they just refused to work. you may want to discover what is causing it.

i checked this Today. I'll try again later, when i am back home. maybe it was just some lag, but i doubt it.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5331 on: October 16, 2009, 10:24:02 am »

In my opinion you guys need to stop being overwhelmed by Data's ability to post completely irrelevant words.

Blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah! Blah blah? Well BLAH!

I think most of you just can't be bothered reading it all and assume he's right.

Johbson certainly doesn't! It does pay to read my messages once in a while though, since you might actually learn something: that I am right, for instance.

Nope, I'm not about leeching power all that much. I am however not going to work for someone when I'm doing volunteer work. It's one of my principles. Why should I have to listen someone who is "superior" to me, especially when all they do is host the game every so often?

Actually, AZA was power-hungry and I wasn't. AZA was the one who went on and on about how the "official" SS13 project is his project and not mine, and therefore I would need to do whatever he said.

I was the one who said "we all need to work together, without some kind of leader-type person".

And then what? Even if, just for the sake of argument, the crash bug gets fixed. What's Bay12 going to do? Sure, you guys want to role-play, but I see a grim future for you lot if all you're going to do is sit around trying to keep things your way.

Goon Station is always improving itself, and eventually they're going to be bigger than you lot. I'm here willing to help stave that off a little, and people like you do is yell at me because someone told you that I'm stupid.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: October 16, 2009, 10:29:06 am »

Data I think as long as the goons have some kind of hatred atracted towards them we WILL have traffic. I doubt the goons even care about our server being up :/.
Hello Hunam

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: October 16, 2009, 10:30:39 am »

Apple master is a goon if a remember correctly, so i doubt the goon server growing part will make him change his mind- just ignore him. that works well.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5334 on: October 16, 2009, 10:38:24 am »

Data I think as long as the goons have some kind of hatred atracted towards them we WILL have traffic. I doubt the goons even care about our server being up :/.

I know the goons don't care, but the goons are bound to change eventually, enough that a lot of you may be persuaded to go there. Whomever is left will be, well, sitting. I'm trying to prevent this somewhat by using my abilities in your favor.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: October 16, 2009, 10:39:35 am »

Blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah. Blah! Blah blah? Well BLAH!

Johbson certainly doesn't! It does pay to read my messages once in a while though, since you might actually learn something: that I am right, for instance.

Nope, I'm not about leeching power all that much. I am however not going to work for someone when I'm doing volunteer work. It's one of my principles. Why should I have to listen someone who is "superior" to me, especially when all they do is host the game every so often?

Actually, AZA was power-hungry and I wasn't. AZA was the one who went on and on about how the "official" SS13 project is his project and not mine, and therefore I would need to do whatever he said.

I was the one who said "we all need to work together, without some kind of leader-type person".

And then what? Even if, just for the sake of argument, the crash bug gets fixed. What's Bay12 going to do? Sure, you guys want to role-play, but I see a grim future for you lot if all you're going to do is sit around trying to keep things your way.

Goon Station is always improving itself, and eventually they're going to be bigger than you lot. I'm here willing to help stave that off a little, and people like you do is yell at me because someone told you that I'm stupid.

See what I mean?
Also what's wrong with just roleplaying? Maybe the bay12 people don't want loads of features.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5336 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:12 am »

Also what's wrong with just roleplaying? Maybe the bay12 people don't want loads of features.

I'm more about fixing what's already there and making the game much better. Then figuring out what to add to it.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: October 16, 2009, 10:42:08 am »

Join my server, people... i need to see if it crashes.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:34 pm »

Im not actually spending my birthday in SS13, just in part because i got a friend interested. I also dont want to be an admin, too much responsibility, just a player. I also prefer datas code as long as the engine is working.  Ultimately i just wanted to make sure the server was up so i could play with my buddies for a bit, then some DF and amateur movie making.

EDIT: anyways, my buddies arrive about three hours after this edit.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:32:07 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: October 16, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »

Andrea, your server just crashed.
Myself I was putting some armor on as a half-damaged, naked, It.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 950