Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810201 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5310 on: October 15, 2009, 10:16:48 pm »

I personally see no problem with it. Only thing I think that should be done in that case, is to add more mods who can log the admin help and deal with problems in game and/or report them to a full admin once they show up. Probably be security or something, and most B12ers should be at that level.

When I say mod, I mean access to the admin channel and recieves adminhelp messages, maybe observe command as well.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: October 15, 2009, 10:25:55 pm »

I didn't hear anyone complain except you and Nameless. And quite frankly the only other complaints I heard were about the changes I made to pulling.

Yoink. Although my only complaint is the whole Sylar thing, but other people also believe that you shouldn't do that. (Also: no I don't remember who it was.)

I understand that it would be preferred if I would keep this to PMs, but that would give people the impression that Johbson is just being mean and nobody supports his reasons for pulling his support of Data's server.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: October 15, 2009, 10:33:11 pm »

See my post. I back Johbson, but not to the point of completely cutting Data out. I don't think anyone bothered explaining to him that this is a team effort.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5313 on: October 16, 2009, 01:24:40 am »

I do. Its like moving from a city to a village. So much calmer, and stuff actually gets done.  ;D

Okay, that just insults me. I can't just go and implement every little change you guys want. I had already changed the OOC text and the headset text,  To put it in your own words:

Easier said then done.

I'd also like to add, for the lulz, that the "console spam" you've been getting has already been fixed by me in my version. Except I didn't tell anyone, because I didn't think anybody would be interested.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5314 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:01 am »

Data, Johbson is not our leader. Stop insulting him. He is a host for the servers, and he keeps track of various builds and suggestions and what not.

If he's a host, then I don't see how he should have the ability to yell "Data, this is no longer the Bay12 official server", pack his bags, and leave. I'm willing to talk things out like a responsible adult, but all he wants to do is go back to the old version because I did something wrong once.

As for admins, I'm willing to admin your server, when I am available, but you just can't do things on it without telling your admins.

Which is why the last time I went in as Sylar, I actually used adminsay to inform the admins that I was going in. See? I am capable of adapting. But Johbson isn't willing to adapt to me; all he talks about is wanting a perfect server. Except a perfect BYOND world is just like the imperfect real world: you can't change it that much.

You've already got your admins, your motd, and pretty much all of your settings. There are only two issues: me and Nameless. We both suddenly popped up in the midst of that. I was running about as Gabriel Gray although trying to restrain myself, and Nameless was, well, Nameless.

You may want to take note that there has been one complaint toward me about joining as Gabriel. No other complaint was made, because I started watching my every move after that and didn't grief or kill anyone. Although I did kill Johbson once. Is that the thing pissing him off? I thought he would be able to handle it.

Unless there were indications to the contrary, I assume all rounds are serious, in the sense that admins don't give themselves what they want, and griefing by anyone gets dealt with.

Despite every time I joined in as Sylar, I always maintained proper RP as not to break the illusion for others. I also made sure I didn't overuse my powers, and I made damn well sure that if I was going to kill someone for their powers to get attention to my character that I'd picked someone who could handle it emotionally (i.e. not raging over OOC afterward) and I prefer picking targets I can revive afterward without weird looks.

You would make an excellent addition to the team. Note I said addition. We have at least one coder of our own, and maybe instead of just doing things, you should talk a bit about them.

Maybe instead of having some kind of leader-type person called Johbson, we should've worked together. As I said to Johbson, I don't see the reason working for someone when I'm doing volunteer work. My work is for SS13; not for Johbson and may not even for Bay12, although I do get a positive feeling when you guys like my work and Bay12 certainly is bigger than the SS13 community.

You, Johbson, need to stop going crazy. You do not speak for all of us.

In that case, I'm putting my server back up and I'll just see what happens then. byond://ss13.net:8006 of course.

However, this is a team effort, and while you are team captain, we still have a say.

He's "team captain"? I never envisioned this. I saw Johbson as a guy I was working together with, not ruling over some team. This is exactly the same problem that happened between me and AZA a while ago: he wanted to hog the project for himself and we were just his slaves. Which is why I left.

Everyone else, I apologize for any problems that have occurred in the past few days. New arrivals always rock the boat a bit, and the old guard doesn't always want to make room for them. Hopefully we will figure this out and move on together.

Apparently Johbson can't. I already told him that the whole "I code in exchange for my ability to mess about" was a figure of speech of sort (in reality I code because I wanna see people like my features, but that's too lame and doesn't give me much leeway or benefits, nor does it explain why I should be allowed to mess about moreso than others :() and I told him to sleep over it.

Except the next day he was just as fierce as ever, claiming how it would never work out. Well, that's perhaps between me and Johbson, but I think it may work out with the rest of the Bay12 community, provided they're not all about having a "perfect server" all the time (plus: how is Johbson's server perfect? What standards do you have to meet? :P).

Yes, I occasionally mess about and give myself some kind of edge above others. Yes, qwerty has already claimed that he does the same sometimes. Yes, I use the knowledge I gain to improve the game even more (i.e. if an interface stinks I improve it, if I find a bug I fix it, if people yell at me I tone stuff down, ...). No, I don't understand why Johbson has everything against me but nothing against qwerty if he does the same thing. If the only thing in the way is the whole "please inform other admins" thing then that's not even an issue since I already do that!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: October 16, 2009, 03:52:33 am »

:|

PEople, stop fighting.

Johbson and Data, stop arguing.
We are here to PLAY, not to FLAME each other.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: October 16, 2009, 04:35:22 am »

Lets see, the available options are...
1. no longer work with Data, and continue work on the old baystation code.
2. no longer view Johbson as our leader and ignore his decision to no longer work with data, and continue cooperative efforts on Bay12/SSDL.
3. Keep both versions, play on/develop with whatever version YOU the person reading this want.

Maybe I missed one, so feel free to correct me.

And we should get a clear method of making decisions for the entire version, preferably without a actual leader. (Democracy anyone?)

Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:08 am »

And we should get a clear method of making decisions for the entire version, preferably without a actual leader. (Democracy anyone?)

Yes.

Athenian-style democracy.
Where flaming gets you NOWHERE.

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: October 16, 2009, 06:09:30 am »

One question just bothers me, Why are we adding features from BS12 -> SS13
In my opinion
Data's version:
- Superpowers
- Few items
BS12:
- Redesigned engine
- Toxins separated from rest of the station
- Beards
- IMO better OOC, Radio and such texts.
- Nicer space background (Why would it be moving at a bit fast speed if it's a station?)
- Few jobs like Firefighter, Toxins officer and Head of Maintanence
- A bit easier to use sandbox (No permissions need to be given)

Anyway, I would like to have this flaming discussion have a quick short end, as short as the time it takes for a goblin to fall from a 14 level tower to the spikes below... and then get flooded with magma.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: October 16, 2009, 06:58:13 am »

Data gone stark raveing mad.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5320 on: October 16, 2009, 07:01:22 am »

Well, the engine and toxins are a map change, and I am sure that we can persuade Data to implement beards at some time or other. The OOC/radio/??? thing is an opinion, BUT here is a suggestion: Make the font for those things stored as a client variable that can be set by the player. Just give them a list of font styles, bold/italics/???, and colours, and have the message engine load the appearance from the client! It would put the server far ahead of everyone else's in that aspect. Oh, and have a few preset combinations, for less techy users. The background can be ported/redesigned if you really wanted to, as well. The sandbox could be a simple fix.

That just leaves the "new" jobs, but even that is possible.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5321 on: October 16, 2009, 08:15:29 am »

Maybe I missed one, so feel free to correct me.

4. Pressure Johbson into rejoining me with this merger thing again.

Democracy is BS. All you need is one thing: respect. The developers and Powers That Be at present (Johbson, possibly Nameless) need to be equal to each other, and one is not supposed to supercede the other. If one breaks off from the rest, it should be viewed as bad instead of good.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: October 16, 2009, 08:19:09 am »

Data, are you still going to host for Quake today?
If yes, i think he asked our old code. do you have it? ( or maybe he now prefers your, not sure).

Now, i am downloading code sent by qwerty and hosting, just to test server stability. I won't play now. But there aren't many players at this time, so lack of admin shouldn't be bad. I will still come and look often, so if you think you have a free card to ruin the game for others(assuming there are other people), you have no luck.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5323 on: October 16, 2009, 08:22:24 am »

One question just bothers me, Why are we adding features from BS12 -> SS13

Cause' the BS12 source is messy, and because I like to work with what I have already. And frankly SS13DL has MUCH more than Bay12 has.

Data's version:
- Superpowers
- Few items

Superpowers, TARDIS, some items, sure. But you don't know what's on the inside: a clean code-base which makes it MUCH easier to develop in. The only reason these bugs pop up is because I haven't finished everything yet.

EDIT: Also you forgot "3D sounds". You can actually hear from which direction a door is being opened, etc.

BS12:

Let's go over them one by one.

- Redesigned engine

This is a mapping change. It does not qualify as a proper change since it's WAY too easy to replicate in SS13DL (just change the map, dummy!).

- Toxins separated from rest of the station

This can also be replicated on SS13DL.

- Beards

All I need is the icons and I can add beards in no-time.

- IMO better OOC, Radio and such texts.

The text in SS13DL is better since it blends together. Also the chat is separated into tabs, so those that wish to focus solely on ingame can completely ignore OOC (and admins can even ignore admin messages).

- Nicer space background (Why would it be moving at a bit fast speed if it's a station?)

The space background doesn't matter; although it uses a lot of frames it doesn't actually cause any lag unless you have a really old machine and you're running in Software mode instead of using the hardware to draw the background. The space background doesn't cause any lag; that's superstition.

- Few jobs like Firefighter, Toxins officer and Head of Maintanence

Jobs are easily added in SS13DL. Again, this is only a mapping change and a new job reference in the code.

- A bit easier to use sandbox (No permissions need to be given)

The reason my sandbox is like that is because I made changes some time ago. If sandbox is still a mode which others wish to play, I'll gladly unlock the mode, and I'll even include my own sandbox panel in it as an added bonus. (Seriously my panel rocked.)

Anyway, I would like to have this flaming discussion have a quick short end, as short as the time it takes for a goblin to fall from a 14 level tower to the spikes below... and then get flooded with magma.

This is not a discussion that can simply "end"; this is an actual issue. Running away from me isn't going to solve the issue at hand, since there are some people that do like the changes.

Also, just to piss you off, I'm going to change my version a bit so your "SS13DL vs. BS12" rebuttal becomes moot. ::)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:27:36 am by Data »

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5324 on: October 16, 2009, 08:25:51 am »

Data, are you still going to host for Quake today?

I do plan on doing so, but I don't know which version he likes the most. I'm going to start off by hosting my version though unless otherwise stated.

Note that I will host a separate server, where Quake is an administrator. I don't know if he's looking to administrate anything, but at least he might find a "guided tour of Data's admin panel" an awesome thing to see on his birthday.

Why one would spend their birthday on SS13 though, I can't imagine. ::)
(Okay, I would spend mine on SS13. But I'm me. I don't understand why a normal human would. :P)

If yes, i think he asked our old code. do you have it? ( or maybe he now prefers your, not sure).

I have it. I don't know if it's stable though.

I will still come and look often, so if you think you have a free card to ruin the game for others(assuming there are other people), you have no luck.

You should really get off of the broom, andrea. I have no intention to mess about on Quake's birthday server, and if I mess about on the main server it'll just mean more buddies for Quake to party with. :P
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 950