Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810218 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5295 on: October 15, 2009, 04:02:56 pm »

NOOO! not crash! not when my plan was just beginning!

i just needed to get my hands on an high level ID, then all would have been good. i would have changed Ai laws, then carefully bombed station and asked AI to evacuate. if possible, i would have used beer to dispose of more high level personnel, then i would have used their IDs to launch shuttle quickly. I even had a jetpack already, and could hack airlocks VERY easily. i would have locked shuttle before lunch, with the help of Ai, then escape happily after one of the greatest deeds in SS13

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5296 on: October 15, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »

Oh, that reminds me, I should send out a new version. I disabled (a?)the atmos recursive floodfill that may have gone into loops to crash the server, but never tested the change.

It *may* be bugless, or it may simply lack a feature.
Either way, less lag in the atmos loop(at the loss of a feature), so "fatal" lag might not be quite as fatal anymore.
(Note: config and players folders not included, because they are likely outdated and just bloat file size and massively slow extraction. Copy them in(Or don't? The players folder wouldn't be required, though it would globally reset all player stats))

Will PM to Andrea and Johbson as soon as the upload is done.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5297 on: October 15, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »

Well, that was fun while it lasted. Why he just doesn't host the code anyway on his own, I won't bother trying to understand.

Because while I do know how to code the game, I don't know how to make sure I have good admins who behave?

I could try though, but apart from the Bay12 admins I have no idea whom to bring in. It's sad that Johbson is being such a jerk by deserting you all on the account of a personality clash, but yeah, he is your leader, so I guess you all have to respect him.

Anyway, if you guys are interested, just keep in touch and I'll consider it. You could make a poll on ss13.net begging me to return... lol.

Fun fact: Despite Johbson's complaints towards my attitude on the server, I haven't actually pissed off people that much. Sure, I pissed off Nameless, but he's way too easy to piss off.
Fun fact #2: SS13 can't improve if people like Johbson refuse to move forward.

Enjoy your lord & master!
-.dat

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: October 15, 2009, 04:49:09 pm »

The people on the server seem to have had a different opinion then you, Data. You really don't have to insult me you know.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5299 on: October 15, 2009, 04:53:00 pm »

The people on the server seem to have had a different opinion then you, Data.

I didn't hear anyone complain except you and Nameless. And quite frankly the only other complaints I heard were about the changes I made to pulling.

You really don't have to insult me you know.

Yeah, I do, because you've deliberately wasted my time with your Bay12 crap. To quote yourself:

A perfect server is the only one I find good enough for the community, and even a slight flaw has to be removed.

Well I'm sorry my server isn't perfect, Uncle Adolph, but you're not going to make much progress if you're going to stick to your crappy routine.

It's not as if your server is so perfect either. It's all a matter of opinion, but apparently yours is the only one you're going to open your mind to.

So yeah, I do have a perfect reason to insult your crappy take on teamwork. If you don't like it, you can pay me some money as payment for my services and the time you wasted to be more specific. Until then, I simply won't think much of you.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: October 15, 2009, 04:57:21 pm »

I respect whatever direction BS12 will move in, in the future, but regardless, I will maintain the old branch even if BS12 migrates to a diffrent code base.

This is because I have spent enough time with it to have a very vague understanding of how some of it works, and that is better than nothing.

Oh, and STOP ARGUING. Or else I will "forget" to pass on the source code with all future updates.

Though I haven't played recently, I can say that Data probably does have flaws, but that doesn't mean we have to eliminate him. Even I often "abuse" admin features(though never/rarely in a deadly-to-others way, and usually near the end of a round).
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: October 15, 2009, 04:58:01 pm »

..Data aside, I'm getting some console spam, after we restarted the server.

Code: [Select]
runtime error: Cannot read null.other
proc name: UpdateClothing (/mob/human/UpdateClothing)
BYOND Warning: further proc crash messages are being suppressed to prevent overload...

Just thought I should tell you guys, since I don't know what it means.

EDIT- Another one.

Code: [Select]
Undefined variable /area/hallway/primary/east/var/wet.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:02:45 pm by Dr. Johbson »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: October 15, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »

Something to do with the HUD.

I'll check the other one next, after I find/fix the .other.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5303 on: October 15, 2009, 05:54:16 pm »

Even I often "abuse" admin features(though never/rarely in a deadly-to-others way, and usually near the end of a round).

I never abused powers in a "deadly-to-others way", it's just Johbson overreacting because he can't handle not being in control. I wonder if I should split off from that guy and start my own version up again so you Bay12ers at least have something worthwhile to play once in awhile apart from Johbson's super serious RP.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: October 15, 2009, 06:36:06 pm »

Data, Johbson is not our leader. Stop insulting him. He is a host for the servers, and he keeps track of various builds and suggestions and what not.

As for admins, I'm willing to admin your server, when I am available, but you just can't do things on it without telling your admins. Do you have any idea how annoying it is trying to keep control on a server with 30 different people on it, half of them asking for different powers, and then get word that there is an admin abusing his power, even for the purposes of testing? Especially when said admin is the developer, and doesn't actually tell the rest of the admins he is doing that? Unless there were indications to the contrary, I assume all rounds are serious, in the sense that admins don't give themselves what they want, and griefing by anyone gets dealt with.

All you have to do, when chasing bugs or anything else, is go, "Hey, I'm testing a feature. Please do anything *insert your name here* says, you will be fixed if something goes wrong. Thank you and have fun." You'll find that all of us, including Johbson, would be willing to help you in anyway possible, if we know you need help and make it public, instead of "sneaking" in testing. That is one of the reasons there is an adminsay channel. You would make an excellent addition to the team. Note I said addition. We have at least one coder of our own, and maybe instead of just doing things, you should talk a bit about them.

Johbson, you are a wonderful host, and you do a great job leading BS12. However, lighten up a bit. A 24/7 server is excellent, and Data's connection and hosting power seems excellent as well. He just has to learn to speak with the rest of his crew, which includes his admins. You, Johbson, need to stop going crazy. You do not speak for all of us. I like your server. Its basic, clean, efficient, works well, and has much less potential for chaos then Data's server. You keep a good crew of admins, and do an excellent job of keeping everyone updated.  However, this is a team effort, and while you are team captain, we still have a say.

Everyone else, I apologize for any problems that have occurred in the past few days. New arrivals always rock the boat a bit, and the old guard doesn't always want to make room for them. Hopefully we will figure this out and move on together.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: October 15, 2009, 07:03:21 pm »

I really like datas server, and ultimately couldnt agree more with beorns post.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: October 15, 2009, 07:26:21 pm »

Okay, I hate to continue on this subject, but am I the only one who really only wants to play with pure-bay12 people some serious RP?
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: October 15, 2009, 07:28:56 pm »

Okay, I hate to continue on this subject, but am I the only one who really only wants to play with pure-bay12 people some serious RP?

You are indeed not.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: October 15, 2009, 07:35:34 pm »

Non B12 people are fine, just need to keep weeding out the bad ones. There are several on there, whose names escape me atm, who are excellent, assuming the rest of the server isn't crazy of course.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: October 15, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »

Alright, I have a question. IF (yes IF) I could get my dad to let me use the server that he has at home, would you guys want me to put the server up on it? It would most likely be a 24/7 unless it crashed when I was sleeping or something, and I MIGHT be able to let him set up a way for johb or someone to restart it if it did crash.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 950