Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810390 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5235 on: October 14, 2009, 05:24:54 pm »

Data: Do you have a "noclip" command?

If not, add one. That way, when testing(or passive cloak-admining) you can escape through the walls.

Hugely popular since I added it to BS12 a short time ago.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5236 on: October 14, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »

Data: Do you have a "noclip" command?

I have a "phase" superpower which acts like noclip. All powers have an admin switch of sorts anyway: if a power has an exp of 102, it'll unlock admin-only stuff, remove limits/cooldown, etc.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5237 on: October 14, 2009, 05:30:43 pm »

Testing by playing is great. You have to at least let the other admins know that you are doing that though.

I figured that wouldn't be necessary in Yet Another Round Of Company. But I digress; if it means that much to you guys, I'm willing to inform everybody first.

Especially during a serious round with what is supposed to be next to no admin involvement other then giving powers to new arrivals.

Even during this so-called serious round, I can still test by playing simply because I make sure that good ol' Sylar doesn't go overboard and kill everybody. I watched my every move, and made sure that the target I picked to kill had a power I could use to revive the guy afterward again, not harming gameplay other than perhaps letting some people focus on Sylar instead.

If you're talking about a serious round as in "there is already a Sylar or someone like that around", then I do agree that I shouldn't interfere. But a round which is completely left alone can still be tainted, if you moderate yourself.

Also, just remove that power. I don't care if its in Hero's, other powers do the same thing, and don't involve killing people. If someone has the learn power power, and wants to RP sylar while the traitor or something, they can still kill the person. I think there are other powers that should be removed as well, but I will wait on those.

Nah, intuitive aptitude is a great power. Besides, I have plans to make it even more powerful for the future. For the time being the intuitive aptitude power has been removed from random power selection although I may turn it into a separate mode specifically centering on a player with that power vs. others with random powers.

Because heroes/company are the most played modes (and because I like Heroes so much! :D) I feel these powers need to be tested by me, and tweaked accordingly so they're all balanced out.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5238 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:41 pm »

One final thing I'd like to add before I go is that, in case people forget, the server is still up at byond://ss13.net:8006 and I'm going AFK right now so there is no chance of another Sylar running around. :P

Seriously, quit hating on me. I'm perfectly reasonable, and I don't explode as some people claim. I'm just... overly eccentric about what I do.

-D

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5239 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:46 pm »

But how powerful is it?

The one I made was basically a copy of the observer code from an always-present admin verb toggle. The result was that you could move freely in space or even while dead, with a slight side effect from before I copied in the observer code: You would have 0 density always, you couldn't drag things, etc.

It would be important to distinguish it from a mere power, so that players know that it is an admin ability and don't try to steal it.
Eh?
Eh!

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5240 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:56 pm »

But how powerful is it?

Phase + Fly + Not Breathe = same as yours except space still "pushes" you forward. Also pulling still works on my version, and the space issue can be easily resolved.

It would be important to distinguish it from a mere power, so that players know that it is an admin ability and don't try to steal it.

exp=102 on powers distinguishes a regular power from an admin power. Don't worry, it's all cool. Provided my version/server survives the night.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: October 14, 2009, 07:26:58 pm »

Lol data I used to worship your 'old' server because it wasn't the goon's server. However in truth I got pissed sometimes.
Hello Hunam

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: October 14, 2009, 08:09:32 pm »

that round was nuts. I can't believe I survived

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: October 14, 2009, 08:13:30 pm »

Hey can i arrange to have the bay12 server up and adminned for my birthday party on friday?
Sounds plausible, I'll probably be free that day. Do you want it private or public, as well as other info such as from what times would be appreciated. We also need a host, so I suppose andrea can host if johbson isn't back by then. (I'd host, but net sucks).

Its starting between 11:00AM - 1:00 PM, -8:00 GMT.

(edit after i read through previous stuff)

During extended satas server was aweomse with and without admins. It was a real adventure keeping medbaytown alive, but the damn canisters need to be fixed, they suck. I also think hero and combat mode are garbage.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:29:20 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: October 14, 2009, 11:02:56 pm »

Oh, and public please.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5245 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:49 am »

We also need a host, so I suppose andrea can host if johbson isn't back by then. (I'd host, but net sucks).

Its starting between 11:00AM - 1:00 PM, -8:00 GMT.

I could host during that time. (Yes, I can handle two SS13 servers at one time.) :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: October 15, 2009, 07:32:54 am »

11-13  -8 GMT? that in GMT +1 would be.... 20- 22 correct? if so, then i might host. but i only have our old files, which crash.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: October 15, 2009, 07:34:10 am »

Data makes me sad and angry.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5248 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:48 am »

11-13  -8 GMT? that in GMT +1 would be.... 20- 22 correct? if so, then i might host. but i only have our old files, which crash.

21-23 GMT+2, so yeah your timing is accurate. I'm available at that time so I guess I could host it if no-one else will.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: October 15, 2009, 10:23:44 am »

Is the server actually up?
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 950