Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810674 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5055 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:36 pm »

AFAIK, its always code swapping when it comes to viewing each others source codes. Merging two separate sets of code would produce humourous results, though probably nothing usable.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: October 11, 2009, 12:04:01 am »

They just gave us the code for whatever reason. They also want to be on our devolping team, which is cool, seeing as how we really had only one coder before.

Data still wants some input on the design team, and stuff like that.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5057 on: October 11, 2009, 02:50:40 am »

Most of the people here don't play on other servers because, they are just that. A server not run by Bay12 does not have the same interests in mind that one that is, does.

Except that's just it; I would only run the server. Who gets to become an administrator, the server motd, etc. is solely up to you.

Our admins must fit my stern criteria, which is why we often have very few. I know we still have a few admins I might not rather have, but I also trust that they will get better in time.

There is no more admins.txt. All administrators are managed through the game using my admin panel. You have full unrestricted access, the same access I got; you can add administrators without needing to query me, I don't need to update any files. I'd say everyone would be happy with such an arrangement.

I would refuse to play on a server that I could not rule over. Not because I am power hungry, but because I KNOW no one else could host a server the way I want it. And it's not just for me. I don't think most of Bay12 would not be happy in a different server either.

I can set up a system so you can update the host files, edit files and start/stop/reboot the server at your convenience. Even if it crashes/freezes up, you can still get on and kill the server.

The goons want to have silly fun, you want to have the best code, and we just want to tell a story.

I like to think of myself as the man in the middle: I like to have some silly fun at times, but I do want people to role-play. But yeah, I do want a nice interface and solid code.

I think the best way to handle SS13 is to merge this all together: there needs to be times when there's just mindless fun, but there also needs to be a time when people can seriously role-play without others ruining it. You can't tell me that no Bay12 user would want to break away from role-playing for 10 minutes to have some fun.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 11, 2009, 03:30:17 am »

So, Yeah.
Apparantly you're all happy that you get another coder and stuff (even if he does bring 3/4 pages of /stuff/).
I'll happily not voice my own opinions.
But, as a player on the Bay12 Server, I honestly don't want Data to host it.
It's not so much that it's him but that as Dr.Johbson said we're kinda an internalized group and we prefer to play together, so having a Host that , well, isn't would contradrict that.

PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: October 11, 2009, 03:35:54 am »

I don't have the new and buggy code, but I have the old and buggy code.
Do anyone want a server?

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5060 on: October 11, 2009, 03:49:39 am »

It's not so much that it's him but that as Dr.Johbson said we're kinda an internalized group and we prefer to play together, so having a Host that , well, isn't would contradrict that.

I don't see the big deal with me hosting a server for you guys. It has the same administrators, the same MOTD, Johbson/andrea remain in control. The only thing that's different is the server IP + port.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5061 on: October 11, 2009, 03:54:44 am »

I've decided to put up a server to see what'll happen. I'm hoping you guys will get over this whole "we only trust X and Y but not Z" thing and will just join my server and play. Besides, if you guys play I might be able to fix some of these bugs ::)

The link is byond://server.ss13.net:8006 (see what I did there? :P)
Alternative link: byond://home.androiddata.net:8006

The server will have the same administration as Johbson's has, and as such Johbson is the guy in charge of the server. Please do not bug me with "I want to apply for admin plz data o plz" cause' that just, well, bugs me.

Let's see how this goes...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: October 11, 2009, 03:54:50 am »

I don't see the big deal with me hosting a server for you guys. It has the same administrators, the same MOTD, Johbson/andrea remain in control. The only thing that's different is the server IP + port.

Well, I'll just be an optimist and suggest that we let a test-run of Data's hosted server first.
After all, we are not against ^improvement^ right?

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5063 on: October 11, 2009, 03:56:09 am »

Be careful! You mustn't anger Johbson too much! :P

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: October 11, 2009, 04:00:16 am »

Be careful! You mustn't anger Johbson too much! :P

Shit, Data, I must applause thou!
The new font is good! The Admin Panel is so... AWESOME! I'd suggest every admin to try this new panel first!

Edit: HOLY NO MY CHAR JUST DISSAPEARED AND I NOW WATCHING DATA'S CHAR.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:02:47 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: October 11, 2009, 04:11:55 am »

Oh No! i'm no longer a super-admin!

I am very sad indeed!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: October 11, 2009, 05:11:37 am »

Don't worry, Data doesn't have the admin list, Ill just have to re-add everyone again.Well, suppose I'll come on now then.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5067 on: October 11, 2009, 05:36:16 am »

Admin Rank Reference:
Developer: Super duper god person. Has all the funky debug verbs. Hard-coded in. Cannot be removed. +VIP
Primary Server Administrator: Developer - funky debug verbs - god-like being + VIP.
Server Administrator: P.S.A. - ability to modify ALL admins, can only modify admins they own + VIP
Supervisor: Moderator + Moderator = Funky Title Only + VIP
Moderator: Game Master + can mess with player records + can kick players and stuff + VIP
Game Master: Delay Start + "Secrets" + Change Mode + The Works + VIP
VIP: Admin Chat functionality

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 11, 2009, 06:20:37 am »

Johb, before you host that server, apparently you have to sync up saves or something. Or else it goes 'KABLOEEI'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: October 11, 2009, 06:23:08 am »

Nah, its just Data is too lazy to make another character  :P
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 950