Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810509 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5010 on: October 10, 2009, 08:05:03 am »

lolwhy.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5011 on: October 10, 2009, 08:09:17 am »

While it is down, I would like to send in one of my earliest suggested fixes that never made it into the game: Grilles being built UNDER windows regardless of build order.
Eh?
Eh!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: October 10, 2009, 09:44:43 am »

why?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:40 am »

Uh, alright.

So! Nameless2, for those of you who still remember his name, has been extremely kind, and has decided to give us Lyndon's source files.

I'm not really sure *who* hosts theses, but..yes, he gave us the files and told me that we can use them.

So, yeah. Now we have even more source files from other people, all been given as gifts. I'm not quite sure what to do with them. They are very awesome, I'll say that.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:48 am »

Yes that is great now we can create the ultimate bug machine.

Server?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:32 am »

I'm going to try to learn what I can at the moment first. This code is nuts, theres..So much stuff I don't know. +

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: October 10, 2009, 10:55:42 am »

Do we get a server now?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: October 10, 2009, 11:33:20 am »

Hosting soon. Preparing it right now.

Now, it currently doesn't have any of the stuff we added to our own code, but, I think you guys will be very pleased with what do have.

EDIT- Banfiles not compatible. Going to have to re-ban everyone. This is not hard at all.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:38:45 am by Dr. Johbson »

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5018 on: October 10, 2009, 11:57:48 am »

Uh that would be SS13DL. Not just Lyndon's files, I changed a lot too. In fact, I changed so much, I know the source-code from the inside out and probably better than Lyndon at this point. =P

I've set up an IRC channel and I would like to invite you guys to join it. IRC is so much better for short & sweet discussions than this forum...

irc://irc.freenode.net
Channel: #ss13

How to connect to IRC
1. Get mIRC.
2. Run it. Ignore the registration screen; the 30 day evaluation seems to be for extra features only (from what I heard).
3. On the "Servers" tab, go find Freenode. Open the Freenode folder and select "Random server". Then click on the "Select" button.
4. Set your nickname.
5. Click on Connect.
6. In the channel list window, type #ss13 and press Enter to join the channel.
7. Type /ns register <password here> <email here> to register your username so nobody else can steal it.
7b. You need a valid username as a developer / higher-up person otherwise I can't permanently OP you / give you any additional access.

I'm hoping you guys will turn this into one big open-source extravaganza so everyone can enjoy SS13 (even if they haven't paid $10 to a certain community you might be aware of yourselves)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:18:46 pm by Data »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:45 pm »

Hey guess what I for one don't want you .
At all.
Ever.
Just because the source is Bay12's now doesn't mean it's another chance for you to get any tad of power, so  to be polite, Go away?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: October 10, 2009, 12:05:36 pm »

At all.
Ever.
Just because the source is Bay12's now doesn't mean it's another chance for you to get any tad of power, so  to be polite, Go away?
Please, be polite and stop being a tard like that.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: October 10, 2009, 12:08:13 pm »

Seriously Apple, uncalled for. A guy comes on and offers to explain his version of the code so we can steal integrate the good stuff into ours, and you come and tell him to git. Don't make your personal problems with a guy into problems for those great guys who are working on the code.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: October 10, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »

Yeah, Apple. And just so you know, this is still the Bay12Server, apple. I still call the shots. Nothing has changed.

But don't worry about that. Just join, when its up, and have fun.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5023 on: October 10, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

At all.
Ever.

That's a nice way to greet someone you don't know.

So basically what you're trying to say is, that despite my hard-earned work, I'm supposed to go away? Screw you; either you learn to put up with me and get to use my work, or I'll do whatever is in my power to stop you guys.

Most of you don't even know me, yet you turn against me. What the hell? I'm setting up this IRC channel for communication, and I'm offering usage of the ss13.net site to host forums (you know, multiple forums, and an issue tracker, so you can get suggestions and bug reports). I'm even willing to work together with whichever person runs this site to bridge accounts from Bay12 -> ss13.net so you can login with your Bay12 accounts without problems.

Before you badmouth me and threaten to run away with my work, show some respect and observe my actions instead. I'm not doing anything bad, but you're right about one thing: I do want some control over what happens to my work, thank you very much.

And please, before this escalates, let me tell you what kind of power I want:
  • I'd like to be part of the development team with SVN access (oh whoops, I host the SVN; I guess more power to me?) so I can see what you guys are up to and help out if needed.
  • I'd like to be able to push suggestions through to the head developers.
  • I'd like to be able to access the host directly so I can get the host files updated at all times, preferably through an automated system.
  • I'd like to maintain ss13.net, SVN access, and that kind of stuff so I know who is working on the project and keeping myself in the loop.
Under no circumstance am I going to even try to gain control over the way you guys run things on your server nor will I start adding random people as administrators. Nor will I ban people without a very good reason.

The only thing I'm interested here is observing you guys and streamlining development; I'm not after the power to ruin your fun.

Any other concerns about me I should be aware of?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: October 10, 2009, 12:29:25 pm »

That's a nice way to greet someone you don't know.

So basically what you're trying to say is, that despite my hard-earned work, I'm supposed to go away? Screw you; either you learn to put up with me and get to use my work, or I'll do whatever is in my power to stop you guys.

Most of you don't even know me, yet you turn against me. What the hell? I'm setting up this IRC channel for communication, and I'm offering usage of the ss13.net site to host forums (you know, multiple forums, and an issue tracker, so you can get suggestions and bug reports). I'm even willing to work together with whichever person runs this site to bridge accounts from Bay12 -> ss13.net so you can login with your Bay12 accounts without problems.

Before you badmouth me and threaten to run away with my work, show some respect and observe my actions instead. I'm not doing anything bad, but you're right about one thing: I do want some control over what happens to my work, thank you very much.

And please, before this escalates, let me tell you what kind of power I want:
  • I'd like to be part of the development team with SVN access (oh whoops, I host the SVN; I guess more power to me?) so I can see what you guys are up to and help out if needed.
  • I'd like to be able to push suggestions through to the head developers.
  • I'd like to be able to access the host directly so I can get the host files updated at all times, preferably through an automated system.
  • I'd like to maintain ss13.net, SVN access, and that kind of stuff so I know who is working on the project and keeping myself in the loop.
Under no circumstance am I going to even try to gain control over the way you guys run things on your server nor will I start adding random people as administrators. Nor will I ban people without a very good reason.

The only thing I'm interested here is observing you guys and streamlining development; I'm not after the power to ruin your fun.

Any other concerns about me I should be aware of?

Woah, We apologized for Apple's rudeness but he's the only one being hostile to you right now. There were 3 posts right after his condemming him for what he said, please don't take his views as the community's views.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 950