Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810616 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #4980 on: October 09, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »

I am finally going to quit SS13.  Other than the fact that whenever I can play, it's only for a little while because everyone who hosts lives in other time zones; I have become fed up with the grief.  Bay 12 has become about as bad as the goons sometimes.  I was recently griefed last game by Andrea.  I guess some of you wouldn't call it grief, but whatever, I did nothing to cause what happened.  The game started off as me being the Toxins officer, as well as the traitor. I proceeded to cut as many cameras as I could before A.I. complained. Before the A.I. even complained, however, the captain (Andrea) call "Martial law", and added a law that made the A.I. follow every command the captain stated.  When the A.I. complained about lack of cameras, I "investigated", and asked for someone to come and look at the cameras. No one came, and I asked again. Eventually the captain just assumed I did it, and locked me down.  He told me if I didn't come out naked, or he didn't stun me, I would be put under arrest for treason.  I wouldn't comply with either of those, seeing as how they both are stupid, and no character IC would do them.  He then threatened to kill me.  I then had my character cut off the doors to toxins, and started ranting hate speech about the captain and his so called martial law.  Eventually, the captain got in the toxins airlock area, and tased me. I then spent about 20 minutes blindfolded.  Andrea and me got into an argument about the grief, and eventually I just suicided.  I guess you could say it wasn't grief because I cut the cameras, but I have NEVER had a game where the captain called "martial law" without a reason, and had admins ignore it.  If it weren't for the whole "macho" captain attitude and the martial law, I would have had a pretty fun game.  Instead, it turned into a survival game, seeing how long the captain would take to get up to toxins as I furiously try to secure it.  I mean, really, do you think that having martial law stated within the first minute of the game; when nothing else has been said over the radio waves at all; is fair to anyone?  I wasn't killed by Andrea, but my game was utterly ruined because of Andrea.  I guess it is partially my fault, but really, martial law at the beginning of a round that is said to be traitor? That has to at least be considered meta-gaming, and an admin would know better.  I may still stick around on the boards, or pop in for a game every once in a while if the people there are nice, but otherwise?  I'm done, the amount of grief in this game is astounding.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: October 09, 2009, 05:40:08 pm »

Number one, you cut cameras. Number two, you were traitor. Number three, you didn't follow your superiors orders. Number four, the captain gets a report on a traitor round, and can act on it how he wishes.

Now, in order. Number one, cutting cameras is stupid. As the toxins researcher, your pretty much given free access to bombs, and no one would arrest you for just making them. Number two, you are the traitor, slow and steady wins the race. Don't immediately start doing traitor things, relax and plan your moves. Number three, even as the traitor, always obey orders, unless you can get away with not obeying them. Not obeying them makes you very suspicious. Number four, the captains report and his ensuing issuing of martial law are part of the things you have to deal with. Rather then fighting it, you should have rolled with the punch and made "N2O" bombs for security purposes for him, on a remote detonator of course. That solves that problem.

Now, any other problems that you have? I'm sure I can help you get over the problems your having with the game.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: October 09, 2009, 05:44:04 pm »

Uh, the captain doesn't get a report, or at least, I have never gotten a report on traitor round when I was captain, and besides, the MOTD says the station should act as if it hasn't gotten the report, right? Either way, I'm still done.  Whenever enough people are actually on to play a game, the server crashes or someone griefs the round and it has to restart.  I don't have the patience to wait an hour to play a good round that lasts 20 minutes, and hope that the round doesn't crash or the host doesn't go to bed/close server, or a griefer doesn't blow up the whole station.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4983 on: October 09, 2009, 05:54:52 pm »

Just don't also quite the forums, so that you can be informed if any major changes happen.
Eh?
Eh!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: October 09, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »

Anway, are there any good hints of actually GETTING people to the brig? for now I just carry them with one hand and have a stun baton in another on disarm to keep them subdued. There really need to be a way to tie their feet too.
Hello Hunam

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: October 09, 2009, 06:14:04 pm »

@Mono: The captain gets a printout of an enemy intercept, but it seems CentCom announcements are disabled at the moment. Not sure why.

@Megaman: If they are handcuffed, they shouldn't be able to get away if you are pulling them. I'm not sure about grabbing and dragging though. I THINK you might be able to make shackled shoes with a pair of handcuffs, but I don't know.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: October 09, 2009, 09:02:46 pm »

So... When will the server be up next? I'll be taking notes next time and asking some questions if that's alright.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:32 pm »

@Megaman: If they are handcuffed, they shouldn't be able to get away if you are pulling them. I'm not sure about grabbing and dragging though. I THINK you might be able to make shackled shoes with a pair of handcuffs, but I don't know.
If you don't know how you can't do it in my opinion. Anyway, they are HANDCUFFS though, but OK, I'll try pulling when I stop playing TF2 and keep playing SS13
Hello Hunam

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: October 09, 2009, 11:31:47 pm »

Alright, I'll cover a few things. Bear with me, I just woke up.

First. Handcuffing someone, and then pulling them, prevents them from running away.
Second, Orange shoes + Handcuffs = Shackled Shoes, which REALLY slow someone down.
Third, normally, you would NEVER leave someone handcuffed in their cell. That includes not having shackled shoes. However, this rule is taken away when bad stuff starts to happen.

Next topic.

The captain does NOT get a report regarding the traitor. If I remember correctly, every once in a while one will seep in, but it will NOT mentions any names. This is not a bug. I don't think, at least.

Next topic.

Yes, Andrea does not make a good captain. I've asked him to calm down on the crazy genocide of the crew he tries to do every once in a while, but you must remember that its not always his fault.
A good crew knows when to rebel against a crazy captain. If your captain is crazy, I suggest trying to catch him, or something. Try not to kill him, you're character is probably NOT a murderer.
Yes, Andrea, I would apperciate if you only instill Martial law when stuff is really bad.
A few cut cameras is NOT really bad. Not even close. Could be mice, even. Martial Law would be fitting if two members of the crew were found murdered, but otherwise, not a good idea.

Next topic.

Well, if you do plan to leave, we'll be sorry to see you go, Mono. I'm sorry you think so poorly of us.
Coming forwards with complaints, which I really do wish would happen more, and THEN quitting might not be such a good idea, though. I plan to fix this problem, one way or another.

I ask you give it a few more tries before coming to a final verdict.

Next topic.

My PC died after I went to bed, so any messages sent to me via Byond are now lost.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: October 10, 2009, 03:24:29 am »

Code: [Select]
runtime error: undefined proc or verb /obj/item/weapon/f_print_scanner/has air contact().

proc name: Entered (/turf/station/Entered)

An error I got.

Another one.
Code: [Select]
proc name: Entered (/turf/station/Entered)
runtime error: undefined proc or verb /obj/item/weapon/storage/firstaid/toxin/has air contact().
I'm not a coder, but it looks like someone put in an "air contact" verb and forgot to define it, leaving the sever to crash. Otherwise, air contact with the fingerprint scanner and the toxins first-aid kit is undefined in the code. Looks like an easy-ish fix, but if it is the second then chances are there might be more crash causing objects.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: October 10, 2009, 03:32:36 am »

I see, thanks for that.

Also, anyway want me to host? I can now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: October 10, 2009, 03:56:16 am »

That would be nice.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: October 10, 2009, 04:26:06 am »

Done and done. It is up.

EDIT- I'll be playing shortly. For now Ill be editing the map.

EDITEDIT- For some reason it won't let me host the server while I'm editing the map anymore. So I'll do it later, server up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:41:09 am by Dr. Johbson »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: October 10, 2009, 05:04:26 am »

Rping a drunk guy is really fun.
Especially when you nearly eject the engine :D
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: October 10, 2009, 05:39:36 am »

If there is one thing I can agree on with Mono, its that the B12 server is going downhill fast. I noticed that quite clearly because after not having played for a while, I played yesterday and saw a HUGE difference in the level of stupidity compared to before. Seriously, 3 griefers in a single round, and not the "I-grief-on-purpose" kind of griefer, but the "i-m-nub-how-u-get-admin-u-traitur-die" kind of griefer. No matter how much you warn them, they are incapable of understanding what they should and should not do.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 950