Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810352 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #4410 on: September 10, 2009, 10:47:51 am »

It's up now.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: September 10, 2009, 10:55:16 am »

Ok, this is the new list. I'll keep a copy of it in notepad, and I'll update it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDITTOPREVENTTRIPLEPOST- I took the server down, it was full of complete idiots at the moment, someone ask me when they want it back up.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:36:07 pm by Dr. Johbson »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: September 10, 2009, 02:51:27 pm »

server please!
(about complete idiots, just grab a wizard suit and go killing them, or grab electropacks and screwedrivers and unleash your worst instincts.)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:40 pm »

About the air system, you shouldn't lose ALL air immediatly. I was thinking more along the lines of very quick decompression, so you are dragged at about 2 times the speed of a walking pace and can't move away because the air is taking you and anything with you out to space. If you think about it, opening an airlock on a station that large WOULD cause massive decompression, but it would take a minute or so for it to get to everywhere on the station.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: September 10, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »

Mono's idea is better.

(sorry)

also, i'll have a lookie at the Coding for BYOND.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4415 on: September 10, 2009, 03:36:05 pm »

About the supply shuttle, there IS a control computer at the destination that the person who rode it could be using, and the AI can control it, AND anyone with permission in the command area...

Chances are that if it happened something like a week ago, it could have been me on the other end.

Other stuff: Will look into it eventually.
Eh?
Eh!

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: September 10, 2009, 03:41:34 pm »

Wait, what is the version you are all talking about?
Servers are being hosted for OpenSS13 or the Byond one?
is the OpenSS13 even out yet?
What are the "Updates" being done for?
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 10, 2009, 03:43:47 pm »

About the supply shuttle, there IS a control computer at the destination that the person who rode it could be using, and the AI can control it, AND anyone with permission in the command area...

Chances are that if it happened something like a week ago, it could have been me on the other end.

Other stuff: Will look into it eventually.

No, the shuttle has been acting like this from the very beginning. Me and some other guy, just the two of us, tested it for the first time. I was observing him while I was waiting for the shuttle, then I teleported on myself to find out why it was acting strangely.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: September 10, 2009, 03:51:57 pm »

will server be online again today ? (22:51 here). if not, i'll find something else to do.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: September 10, 2009, 04:04:28 pm »

Oh, right. Its up now.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »

Mmmmk. Beorn is meta gaming along with Andrea the second. They both "knew" it was a revolutionary round, even though nothing happened. They claimed it was because they tried to call the shuttle and it said revolutionaries were on board, but I have three problems with this issue.

1) How would the ship know there was revo's on board? Cent Com? Even then, doesn't the beginning state that what Cent Com tells you, you don't know?
2) Why the FUCK would they be calling the shuttle in the beginning of the game?
3) If Beorn is an admin, wouldn't he know that "knowing" it's revo is meta gaming? I mean, he even went and said in OOC this! "OOC: Beorn080: The current game mode is - Revolution!" when I confronted him about him meta gaming.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this some serious shit? I just had an ENTIRE round ruined by meta gamers, and one of the was an ADMIN!

EDIT: Oh, they also killed someone, and claimed everyone was a revolutionary and tied us up on the bridge. They wouldn't let us go, no matter what.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:23:20 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4421 on: September 10, 2009, 06:23:35 pm »

The solution to hopelessly mangled metagamed rounds is is_rev = "no"

Admin only, of course.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: September 10, 2009, 06:41:05 pm »

1. I believe revo is one of those modes where there was supposed to be something said about it happening. Otherwise, its impossible to win as the captain, with semidecent revos.

2. I don't know why Andrea called the shuttle. Ask him/her.

3. I took that like from the START OF ROUND text. The block that says, hey, if your a revo, kill the captain and heads, if not, save them and kill the leaders.

Qwertyuiopas, that is a perfect solution.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: September 10, 2009, 06:42:06 pm »

uff... stop draggin beorn in this. i ordered him to do that, and i was the captain. if somebody metagamed, it may be me, but not beorn. he followed orders and a cruel captain. he didn't go looking himself the shuttle, nor did he use his round knowledge. he just acted on what i told him.

about shuttle, IC i wanted to check if the computer worked. OOC, i wanted a reason to start electrocuting the crew before revolution grew.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53:32 pm »

Your OOC reason is considered metagaming, Andrea.

Ok, from the logs I have read, and found on my own, I believe that Andrea is at fault for metagaming, and Beorn is at fault for going along with it too easily.

No, no was banned, before you all start asking, their just warnings. Not really official warnings either. If anyone has anything else to add, plus PM me.

EDIT- Server crashed, first time in ages. We just finished the round anyway, rebooting it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:42:30 pm by Dr. Johbson »
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 950