Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809780 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #3795 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »

No, leaving that possibility is exactly what we do NOT want to do, as it would cause metagamers to have a reason to leave prisoners cuffed despite protocol.
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: August 18, 2009, 02:40:43 pm »

Can someone please nerf radiation? Thanks.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: August 18, 2009, 02:43:52 pm »

Can someone please nerf radiation? Thanks.
i agree. it kills people way too- *Dragooble seizes up with a final breath, his eyes dead and lifeless*
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:03 pm »

Do it yourself.

Go into code\game\radiation.dm and change the H.radation+= line to whatever you feel like, I reccomend replacing it with
Code: [Select]
H.radiation = max(0,H.radiation + rand(-10,20))To allow a range that includes negatives.
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: August 18, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »

Do it yourself.

Go into code\game\radiation.dm and change the H.radation+= line to whatever you feel like, I reccomend replacing it with
Code: [Select]
H.radiation = max(0,H.radiation + rand(-10,20))To allow a range that includes negatives.

Great, thanks.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: August 18, 2009, 04:12:14 pm »

I want to help develop/administer the server.
(Well... that was a shorter post than I expected to be writing.)
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: August 18, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »

Can you code BYOND?
Can you map BYOND?
Can you icon BYOND?

One or more is required to help develop.

Plus both developing and admintering requires acceptance.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:59 pm »

Then just kill prisoners. Being in the brig is as bad as being dead.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: August 18, 2009, 04:34:07 pm »

Not nessecarily.

However, suicide needs to be nerfed.
Prisoners suiciding when they would have had a trial...

I say that suicide should be nerfed so that it quits when you faint.
That is how breath-holding works in reality, right?

However, suicide with a useable tool might be allowed...

Edit: Only monkey and human suicide is unrealistic. AI suicide is fine and plausable.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:36:16 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: August 18, 2009, 04:55:32 pm »

ARgh... I had some trouble connecting to the forum to post my reply, Im using a proxy server now to bypass the route part that exploded.
Anyhow, I haven't  coded in BYOND a lot, so I wont be very fast at first, but I can.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: August 18, 2009, 05:13:30 pm »

Server down.

I hate to keep bringing up the goon server, but they added in intercoms into the jails, door timers, and removed ID access to get into the general brig area, but not the cells. That might help, since we could then give jail times, and not have to remember to let a person out.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: August 18, 2009, 05:24:07 pm »

Huh. Could have sworn I posted a few minutes ago. Oh well. Ok, server will be back soon.

Also, Micro, why would the station want to gas their prisoners? We're not supposed to kill prisoners, you know. The N2O gas in the brig was stupid in the first place.

And I know what you did wrong with the turrets. They still work, trust me..

As for statement number 3, they only way that would happen would be if the main loop didn't start up again. Happens, but very rarely. You'll also notice everyone is invincible, if that happens.

EDIT- Server is up. Woo.

Prisoners can be annoying, So you need to calm them down, if they are trying to break out, ask the AI to stun them with the gas, It was part of the shaft, which all the atmos distributers need to be, and it's useful for when the AI needs to kill someone.

I dont get what you mean by main loop but opening an airlock to space doesnt change the pressure to the station, and i know people dont become invincable as i got someone to kill someone else as the AI while the glitch was in place.

And what did i do wrong with the turrets? Was a new button installed or something?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: August 18, 2009, 05:32:55 pm »

Hmm, automated release mechanism, you say?

How about creating a LAN system that runs on the powernet(more limited than AI's controls, as it can't use multiple ones) and adding the possibility of LAN-compatible devices?

That way, you have LAN-doors that can be locked, unlocked, opened, and stuff from the LAN, and you set up a LAN timer to send the open signal to the LAN-door with the appropriate ID...

Each device would get an IP-like ID, of X.Y.Z (Not nessecarily the coordinates), with the possibility of a wildcard number not assigned(255, most likely), and LAN signals are a set of L-ID and signal, where signal is text, though the device can use it as a number...

I guess each signal should also contain an authorization that is read off the ID used to enter it.

The general idea is to havve a more secure network than radio that would be used for inter-device communications. Maybe have a LAN<->radio device that uses a certain channel to send the LAN signal between powernets.

Anyway, the point is that there would be a wall-mounted jail-timer that is a preprogrammed LAN-timer that only interacts with the jail-doors(unless a certain control-wire is pulsed) and automatically is easy-to-use(again, if that control wire is puled, or I guess the AI or captain uses the "advanced mode" button, it reverts to a user-unfriendly-but-powerful standard LAN timer mode...
Eh?
Eh!

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: August 18, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »

So... the numbers could represent <Station>.<apc/area>.<device>?
If this gets added, I think all devices should get such a LAN interface, and the AI should be able to control everything somehow connected to it. This could also be a wireless connection, like, if the AI gets cut from a certain part of the LAN it can hack an intercom to relay the commands, and of course the crew should get some info about this on the radio like: "you hear the unmistakable sound of a AI wirelessly hacking a intercom.".

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:05 pm »

Qwertyuiopas, you need to work on this. I was just in data's server, and they have DRIVABLE STRUCTURES!!! I just watched some syndicate crash what looked like a homemade shuttle into the escape shuttle, and I think damage it.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 950