Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809790 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #3780 on: August 18, 2009, 08:00:32 am »

Huh. Could have sworn I posted a few minutes ago. Oh well. Ok, server will be back soon.

Also, Micro, why would the station want to gas their prisoners? We're not supposed to kill prisoners, you know. The N2O gas in the brig was stupid in the first place.

And I know what you did wrong with the turrets. They still work, trust me..

As for statement number 3, they only way that would happen would be if the main loop didn't start up again. Happens, but very rarely. You'll also notice everyone is invincible, if that happens.

EDIT- Server is up. Woo.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:07:35 am by Dr. Johbson »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:09 am »

uh, johb, ive figured a way how the n2O could be added back in, ill tell you in-game so its easier to discuss.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 18, 2009, 11:46:18 am »

uh, johb, ive figured a way how the n2O could be added back in, ill tell you in-game so its easier to discuss.

Hah, server was down and I didn't even know. Bringing it back up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 18, 2009, 11:48:08 am »

N20 was supposed to be used to supress a prisoner riot. Always good fun.

Honestly, there needs to be some way prisoners can escape in and of themselves. Not sure how to do this though, since if its easy, everyone can just escape, and if its hard, no one might figure out how. Maybe make the bedspread break the window after 100 hits or something.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3784 on: August 18, 2009, 12:12:07 pm »

I once had the tools to escape, but that was before I knew how to use them.

Idea: Can store stuff under floor tiles? Limited to one or two objects?
Can retrieve objects from under such floor tiles with hand(loose floor tiles, though not revealed as such until the item has been removed)?

Give security a reason NOT to leave prisoners cuffed?
(I.E limit the supply of cuffs to ~4 or so, requiring re-use)

It should be impossible to escape without pre-planning, but easier with.
Hide a crowbar and screwdriver in the bed? Why not simply unscrew the windows when nobody is looking, ahead of time?

Make an action of free self, that takes 30 seconds and announces your intentions to everyone?

Above all, everything they can do must have a counter-action that is normally taken during standard procedure(Do not let non-security into the prison area without cause, to prevent window-loosening and tool-stashing, always have a guard to halt attempted escapes, properly remove all equipment(the "empty pockets" button MUST go though, it makes it TOO easy for security), follow all safety precautions when entering a cell with a prisoner, and all that stuff)
Eh?
Eh!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:21 pm »

To our mappers: we need biohazard suits to be accessable to all, just like oxygen masks are.

Also, I wouldn't object to having a (big) gun that spews N2O spawning with the captain/HoS.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 18, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »

You aren't supposed to leave the person cuffed period. Heres what I want. Two prisoners in one cell. One breaks the window using the other as a club.

Oh. Server just crashed.

And the biosuits, need more access to latex gloves.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 18, 2009, 12:27:38 pm »

Heres what I want. Two prisoners in one cell. One breaks the window using the other as a club.
THIS
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 18, 2009, 12:29:14 pm »

Or even just tearing your own limb off, Thraddash style, and breaking the window with it. I'm not picky.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:50 pm »

Or even just tearing your own limb off, Thraddash style, and breaking the window with it. I'm not picky.

Foot > Steel Rods

Steel Rods > Glass

Glass > Foot

Glass + Steel Rods > Foot

If that made any sense to you, you'll realize I'm complaining you can kick grilles in, but you can't kick in glass, or even glass with steel rods in it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3790 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:45 pm »

Well, reinforced glass is a solid substance while grilles have open space to collapse into.

However, being unble to obreak glass by hand is a bit of an issue.

I would say that each hit should have a 5% chance to dislodge the glass, but reinforced glass is immune to non-weapon damage as usual.
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: August 18, 2009, 01:30:03 pm »

Did the server crash again? You know, you guys have to tell me such things, I'm not always checking up on it.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:33:23 pm by Dr. Johbson »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 18, 2009, 01:47:56 pm »

aw, crap, is it? aww man....

tell us when its back

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 18, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »

aw, crap, is it? aww man....

tell us when its back

Its back.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 18, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »

There should still be a 1% chance of dislodging a reinforced window. I get that you can't break it, but being in the brig pretty much equals death. Can't do anything while your in there, and can't communicate since they take your headset most times.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 950