Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809937 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #3675 on: August 15, 2009, 08:59:36 pm »

1,2,5,9,10: Blame/ask a/the mapper/s.

3: I personally think it is fine the way it is. If there is enough demand though, I could add it... Though it really invalidates the point of setting the input level. And makes engine noob an easier job.

4: The pipes naturally leak heat to the turf, that is intended. MAybe add insulated pipes that have a lower rate? Regardless, the only reason it doesn't bake the whole room is that heat only transfers with airflow, and there is little/none without a pressure leak. Also, blame a mapper for any irresponsibly placed pipes.

6: There are some, but the file with them is disabled. Probably broken or something. Problem somewhat solved by the new addition of solar panel construction and the supply shuttle having power cells as one of the supplies that can be called.

7: A SMES cannot have a priority. However, you could ask a mapper to give the AI a very small solar array, so that if power is cut completely, they regain power after a long time of inactivity...

8: This is *possible*, but this gives engineers an easy way to spot certain traitor meddlings and it makes the game a bit too easy for engineers.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3676 on: August 15, 2009, 09:05:25 pm »

Sorry i meant speed not angle. If its at the same speed as the sun then it shouldn't change right?

Not quite, the sun moves in increments spaced apart, while the solar panels constantly move.
It moves at .75 to 1.25 units per 10 seconds, recalculated every 50 seconcd giving 3.75 to 6.25 degrees every 50 seconds.

However, possibly the solution you would want is to ensure a guarenteed multiple of 5 seconds for it to rotate 5 degrees?
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: August 15, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »

Wall of text, didn't want it taking up a huge amount of space.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: August 15, 2009, 09:45:39 pm »

That might be better. But i don't really care.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: August 16, 2009, 12:19:34 am »

1,2,5,9,10: Blame/ask a/the mapper/s.
I guess that's my cue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 16, 2009, 01:04:07 am »

Speaking of, a few design ideas I have regarding a new map.

• The AI would have its own little station.  It would be accessible in some way from the main station, but other than that it would be separate.
  • The station would work best if divided into sections; the common area (crew quarters, the bar, the chapel, and medbay), research (toxins and medical research),  maintenance (atmospherics, engineering, the janitor and the firestation), and administrative (security and the bridge).
  • The floor plan would be more specific to the area - the common area and administrative would have wide-open corridors and large rooms, while maintenance would have cramped rooms, tight corridors, and a very utilitarian layout.  Research would of course be between the two in design.
  • Perhaps the inclusion of several security stations around the station, nothing more than a small holding cell and a security closet, but would allow security to not have to run around the whole station dragging criminals.
  • The arrival/escape shuttles would land in a docking bay, somewhere near administrative.  A checkpoint would be near the arrival shuttle to assign new arrivals (the current station has this already, but almost everyone just goes to the courtroom for assignment now).
  • I want a garden area in the common area, a proper one.  It would mostly be just for aesthetic, although maybe some plant turf there could convert CO2 into O2 in the surrounding area.  It would make sense to keep some plants on the station both for beauty and for air recycling.  Perhaps the garden could have other uses, too (medicinal/chemical properties of plants, maybe a Gardener job).

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: August 16, 2009, 03:16:06 am »

I'm not sure, but given the higher calibre of roleplay on this server, perhaps late joiners would have to be allowed onto the main station by security (Or perhaps a "Guards Man" who can open the checkpoint door). This would decrease rabid assistants going crazy,
I'll do a mock up next week, after my horriday.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: August 16, 2009, 04:08:36 am »

Perhaps the inclusion of several security stations around the station, nothing more than a small holding cell and a security closet, but would allow security to not have to run around the whole station dragging criminals.

Er, I actually think it's good the way it is. If it gives people a chance to get away, I think that's good, too, criminals want to do a living on the station, too :p

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: August 16, 2009, 04:17:23 am »

To sum up everything so far-

Good work Qwerty, apperciated. But, did you change anything to the map it self? Because I added a few things. (A new Courtroom, a larger brig, removed brig gas room, that thing was stupid, and a few things to the bridge.)

Yes, Trobes, now that I know how to map, I shall now soon start on making a complete NEW station for us all.

Mono, I can fix the toxin powergrid when I get back on my PC. Should be in about an hour. I can then host, too.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #3684 on: August 16, 2009, 04:45:53 am »

Also, please lengthen the cold loop. Please.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: August 16, 2009, 04:47:24 am »

Will do.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #3686 on: August 16, 2009, 04:56:31 am »

Thanks, dude. The Engine's output is really... inoptimal... without a sufficiently long cold loop.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: August 16, 2009, 07:07:07 am »

I'm just shooting this out, and it wouldn't be instant, But if I got a space on a dedicated server, would you guys be interested ? The same people would be admins and such.. I wouldn't even have to be one :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:09:51 am by Apple Master »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:38 am »

I've got a question for everybody at the bay12 server, I recently got banned from Android Data's server because I was accused of leaking the source code.
Although I did download the source after discovering the login on his site was broken (I downloaded it to check if it wasn't a bogus link) I did not redistribute it, and was planning on reporting it when I had a chance to speak to Data.
But before I had that chance, within my 8 hours of sleep, the source was leaked by someone else leaving me the blame.
I was just wondering if anybody here is pissed at me for that, and whether or not I'm still welcome at the bay12games server.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: August 16, 2009, 07:59:13 am »

The server will be up soon guys. Sorry for the wait.

I've got a question for everybody at the bay12 server, I recently got banned from Android Data's server because I was accused of leaking the source code.
Although I did download the source after discovering the login on his site was broken (I downloaded it to check if it wasn't a bogus link) I did not redistribute it, and was planning on reporting it when I had a chance to speak to Data.
But before I had that chance, within my 8 hours of sleep, the source was leaked by someone else leaving me the blame.
I was just wondering if anybody here is pissed at me for that, and whether or not I'm still welcome at the bay12games server.

Their code got leaked? Eh, sucks for them. But I can't blame you, so, I say you're still welcome here anytime, although I do feel sorry for them. Nothing anyone can do for that, though.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 950