Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810050 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #3645 on: August 15, 2009, 03:53:48 pm »

Ok, server is back, but I'm going to check out the new areas. I doubt I did it right, if I did, AWWEEESOME.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: August 15, 2009, 03:58:28 pm »

Badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger-badger mush- Oh sorry... Anyway until the server is up i'm going to be looking at you-tube videos... and I don't really like you-tube so get the server up.

EDIT: WOOHOO!
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: August 15, 2009, 04:48:17 pm »

I'd be fine with no robots if people would actually utilize the AI's knowledge, i usually know everything that's happening on the station but can't say anything because I wasn't asked. And when it's one of those "Unauthorized access detected" things, they seem to get ignored like i never said them.

Yeah, I know, that is really annoyinhg when people don't listen to you. Just start 'beeping' like I do.

"BEEP. BEEP. WARNING. WARNING."  :P

I like that idea  :o

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: August 15, 2009, 05:37:40 pm »

Johb the server crashed again, you really need to get the problem with server crashes fixed, it's making it hard to play considering that it always crashes when you aren't on.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3649 on: August 15, 2009, 06:04:07 pm »

Pipes are too messy. I am working on constructable solar panels and solar panel computers right now.

Forgot-to-post-so-Edit:

Have it mostly working, I think...
Solar panel controls should claim all unused solar panels on the powernet, so I am hoping that the powernet stuff works out...

Last time I checked, it worked flawlessly EXCEPT the new solar panel's id was set, so the computer didn't claim it.

Next, I have to add solar computer creation.
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: August 15, 2009, 06:25:37 pm »

Can i suggest an easier way to find the sun? Maybe a computer that tells you what degree the sun is at, but it's far from the solar-panel computers?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: August 15, 2009, 06:30:56 pm »

No the sun just needs to be fixed. It would normally already be easy to find the sun.

Set tracking on and keep changing the angle until the power gotten doesn't change anymore, then manually change it to maximum power.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: August 15, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »

What tracking % should i set it to, and what is the maximum amount of power you can get from the sun?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 15, 2009, 06:41:13 pm »

Fixed?

The sun is supposed to move!

Tracking just automatically turns the panels, and THE SUN'S DIRECTION AND SPEED ARE RANDOM TO A DEGREE. Setting tracking on does NOTHING, unless you know the speed of the sun, and the panels are already aat the optimal angle when you turn it on.

Augh-Another-Forgot-To-Post-Until-Edit:

The solar power computer? Worked perfectly the first time!
Just like magic!
(Although it only works with constructed panels and ones that have specifically had their ID set to "", though that will be the final fix before release)
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 15, 2009, 06:42:02 pm »

What tracking % should i set it to, and what is the maximum amount of power you can get from the sun?

Tracking: 45-~70, either positive or negative, and it is randomized each round.

Power: 1600 per panel
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 15, 2009, 06:45:14 pm »

How fast does the sun move though? Is there any way to always get the most amount of power for each panel?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:54:17 pm by Mono124 »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 15, 2009, 06:51:21 pm »

The sun's speed is RANDOM.

50*(75 to 125)% seconds per 5 degrees, 50% chance of negative rotation.
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 15, 2009, 06:54:43 pm »

Can you write me a guide really quick? I am to noobish to understand you.  :-\

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 15, 2009, 06:58:07 pm »

This has been a minor pet peeve of mine for a long time. There should be some way to figure out the speed and rotation of the sun, beyond guess work. I would even say it should be removed. At the very least, the AI, who has external cameras and extreme processing power should be able to look out its camera and go, gee, sun is moving 40 degrees an hour, and is currently at 345 degrees. It makes no sense, and irritates engineers who don't like to spend 15 minutes playing with a computer to get ONE bank up.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 15, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »

First find the sun.

Second, find what direction it is going in. This may take a few minutes.

Third, set the tracking to about 60 in that direction

Fourth, wait a while and check how close the tracking is set. Adjust it. Wait again. repeat. This step may take 10-20 minutes to perfect, although you get decent results quickly without it.

Fifth, Copy your findings to every solar array, since you know the direction and rate. You can do this at the same time as #4 if you move quickly between north and south.

Edit: beorn: they spend 15-20 minutes on ONE array, then 1-2 minutes to copy it to each of the others. With intercom use and multiple engineers, it should be possible to align them correctly even faster.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 950