Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810702 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #3195 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:47 pm »

Alright, I find that the current map is extremely inefficient, with alot of random pipes jutting out into space, and the Medbay blocking the main northern hallway, not to mention that atmos at this point doesn't have a lot of purpose. So, in light of this issue, I have decided to come up with a basic plan for the station to increase its efficiency and minimize the damage caused by a cut wire or two. It's compact, safer, and there's plenty room for expansion. Plus, the escape and entrance hallways are closer together. The only thing's that is missing is the prototype engine and the AI upload, which I think I can squeeze on in the back of it, by getting rid of some of the hot loop. The entire western half of the space station will be supplied power by Atmos, which is in turn supplied by the two solar arrays and the engine itself. Air should also be supplied by Atmos, which requires constant maintenance of behalf of the Atmos techs. (IE: Hooking up air canisters to various pipes and pumps whenever the air in a room is poisoned.) The fire station and EVA will also be located in Atmos.

Here's the legend:
Light blue: Escape/Arrival shuttles
Dark blue: Bridge+Security
Pink: Med research, Medbay, Toxins and Crew quarters+bar
Orange: Atmos
Green: Engine control
Dark red: Cold loop
Light red: Hot loop (Too big, will fix in a moment)

Please, comment on your thoughts.

EDIT: Here's the completed version with the AI chamber and Proto. Purple: AI upload.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:22:02 pm by woose1 »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: July 30, 2009, 04:20:29 pm »

Last time, its a STATION, not a damned spaceship
-edit-
I accidently wrote spaceshit instead of spaceshit. Oh well.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: July 30, 2009, 04:25:54 pm »

That's how space stations in real life look, though. Scientists chose that model because it's the most efficient and easy to build way.
EDIT: People tell me that it should be square, because that one hallway is easy to grief. Back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:29:08 pm by woose1 »

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: July 30, 2009, 04:29:29 pm »

But if it's efficient, it's not SS13.

Honestly, I kind of like it, design-wise.  But I imagine one well-placed bomb with utterly break it.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: July 30, 2009, 04:30:02 pm »

Yeah, it definitely needs more hallways.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: July 30, 2009, 04:34:48 pm »

Yeah, I like it too. Don't know why there is so much hate for it. Cent. Com. doesn't save money making the place as safe as possible, they save money by making it as cheaply as possible.

Of course, its not perfect, I would have it very different, but this is a rough rough draft. Nothing final at all.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: July 30, 2009, 05:27:28 pm »

Well here's the squarish monstrosity that everyone seems to want.  :P

Don't get me wrong, it's still very efficient, but it seems like it would be expensive to make and it's not very compact at all. Although, according to some people bigger is better. Whatever, here it is:

Gah! So many colors! Let me break down the eye candy for those of you not insane enough to follow my inner logic.

Bridge+Security: That's that one big sea-green room with the smaller gray room attached to it. As you can see, it's centralized, and is the only way into the proto (More on that later). The large amount of hallways attached to it means that people will be passing through it often, but I don't see how that's bad. The crew should have access to the bridge, just keep the more important items behind window doors. The security room also doubles as a brig, but I don't plan on it being crowded as much as the first design. (You know what I'm talking about). It's also next to toxins, for obvious reasons.

Arrival Area: The arrival/escape shuttle area is more open then other rooms, and has direct access to the courtroom. The courtroom itself, however, can only be accessed via the bridge. A separate, smaller room will house the jury, which can be accessed through and outside door leading to the arrival area. The little orange room to the north is an EVA storage, free to anyone. It never made much sense to me to restrict space suits. After all, we are on a SPACE STATION. *Dur* Instead just the Proto is restricted, only access being that of the heads.

Toxins: Those little rooms above security will make up toxins. It never made sense to me, either, how toxins was separate from the ENTIRE STATION and even had to have its own security force. this new toxins room has all the features of the old one, except for two crucial differences:
1. There is no launcher room. Or rather, there is, but it is to the east, wedged in between those two pinkish rooms (I forgot to draw it.  :-X). Why? For one, there NEEDS to be a way to dispose of waste on the station, and two, it adds a new way for the traitor to be malicious besides making bombs. (Which is always a good thing.)

Engine: The series of rooms to the southeast. Green: Engine room, Darker green: Engine storage, Red and Dark red: Hot and cold loop respectively, small south cyan room: a EVA+firesuit storage. Not much else to be said besides the addition of a EVA room for external repairs.

Church+Mourge: The yellow rooms to the northwest house the station's religious needs. The south mourge will hold caskets, ready to be flung into space via a mass driver. This also allows for funerals, which I hope will be held in the future. The church to the north... well... not much will change except the confessional being merged with the priest's quarters.

Proto: that self contained engine wonder-being to the east will be restricted to only the heads. The cyan room just to the south of the hallway out into space will be a canisterstorage/EVA room.

Atmos: God I had alot of trouble with this. For one, I want to make it useful, but also I want it to be out of the way of the rest of the station. Those two needs conflicted, because pipes need to go through walls (To avoid messiness), and without it being in the center, pipes will be going all over the place, something I wanted to avoid with this station. I really need help with this, guys.

Atmos will be controlling the northern solar array. The south one with be controlled by a very small separate room with access to only atmos techs or station engineers.

Extra tool storage: Ideally, most of the things that engineers will need will be found in engine control. But, if the way is blocked off somehow, there's an extra cache of stuff in the northeast pink room.

Medbay+Med research: The two magenta rooms to the northeast will serve all the medical needs the station has. West is medbay, and the east is where Med research will be. You may notice there's alot of extra space just to the north and east of Med research. This is because I hear that we may have additions to that area soon, and I don't want it to be crowded when we decide to expand.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Please comment and tell me if it's more to your liking than the previous compact station or not.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: July 30, 2009, 06:01:51 pm »

I wonder if we could get Z-levels in the station, like elevators and such. It would make the station MUCH more compact. But then again, power and other systems more complex, like 'If (connector) is on Z-level 4 relative to position, set power to 1.'

Also I've been doing some spriting practice, what kind of re-sprites would you want? More vibrant and cartoony, or More Realistic?
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: July 30, 2009, 06:05:45 pm »

Realistic. We won't copy those damn goons.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: July 30, 2009, 06:46:41 pm »

Nice Cartoony Looking. This is 2D Game. Not a frigging RealLife VSim.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:06 pm »

NO IT HAS TO BE GRITTY AND REALISTIC ARLBLRLLG  :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: July 30, 2009, 07:04:51 pm »

Last time, its a STATION, not a damned spaceship
-edit-
I accidently wrote spaceshit instead of spaceshit. Oh well.

I couldn't stop laughing at this.

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: July 30, 2009, 07:10:43 pm »

Repetition of false statements does not make them true.

Ive never said anything not true.

Now Drop it.

Just a quick FYI, marineelite is attermpting to become an admin on the spacestation13.com server.

Its funny how everybody cares so much about what I'm doing. Beside I'm already a admin on the "OFFICIAL and ONLY TRUE" bay12 server but you'll have to figure out how on your own :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:13:03 pm by MarineElite »
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

Hacking, now, are you?

And you wonder why no one likes you, and why we don't want you on our server.

..Which is up again, by the way guys. ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:20:42 pm by Dr. Johbson »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3209 on: July 30, 2009, 07:22:48 pm »

Interesting news:

The people at http://www.spacestation13.com are making their own engine rewrite and then remaking it in C++. This is likely going to massively improve the game.
They probably wouldn't mind suggestions or improvements.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 950