Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811108 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2925 on: July 20, 2009, 09:21:15 am »

Aren't grilles effective against meteors? Or was that girders.... Can't remember the last time I've seen a girder.

People strapped into chairs are the best meteor shield.  They never "break".
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: July 20, 2009, 09:48:05 am »

Incidentally, we should totally remove plasma storms. That's just bullshit.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:52 am »

Right. Lets remove metors too. And bombs. And guns. And make it so people can deal damage only after mutual agreement, AND IT MUST BE CONBTROLLED BY ADMIN! YES, YES!.
Im sorry, but thats just bullshit, Yanlin.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: July 20, 2009, 10:16:27 am »

Right. Lets remove metors too. And bombs. And guns. And make it so people can deal damage only after mutual agreement, AND IT MUST BE CONBTROLLED BY ADMIN! YES, YES!.

I agree. Removing plasma storms, or heck, outer windows, defeats the point of the game. We're playing the game to have fun dealing with outrageous situations, not spend our day 'researching' stuff we already know exist, and chatting all day at the bar.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:41 am »

There you go with that invalid argument again.

Did I ever say we should do ANY of the stuff you mentioned?

I agree. Removing plasma storms, or heck, outer windows, defeats the point of the game. We're playing the game to have fun dealing with outrageous situations, not spend our day 'researching' stuff we already know exist, and chatting all day at the bar.

The plasma storm is basically a "Game over. Call the shuttle." scenario.

Meteors? Fine. We'll nerf them to be more reasonable (After all. Any space station worth its salt is able to whistand meteors. Especially in the future. They are designed to take the hit and let EVA repair them. Or hell, why not point defense systems that shoot out the meteors?)

Blob? Hell, boost that shit! It should be a disaster! Not something one guy with a welding tool can fix!

Radiation? Well there has to be a way to purge it. Otherwise it's just a "Keep visiting medbay until anti-tox runs out. Then call shuttle." scenario.

Besides, there's more than enough fun taking care of the traitor or the revs. Hell even if it's extended there's always the goofball that fucks up and needs to be treated.

My idea of fun is not to call the shuttle on every disaster.

On that notion, we need mechanisms to deal with hull breaches before all the air gets sucked out. Because lets face it. there's a limited supply of air on the station and it sucks having an entire area require internals just because the designers never came up with PROPER ways to seal off an area. In that sense, firelocks should be more common. Isolate the area that's been hit. Or hell, forcefields even.

Besides, we're going to implement shit to research. :D
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: July 20, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

heres an idea.

Temporary Magnetic Wall

T.M.W

basically, a small item that will fir in a backpack, can be placed on a tile to seal the tile, looks like a pane of glass (from SS13) but grey.

takes a second or two to unfold, but can be left to unpack itself as it is magnetic, can be taken down using a screwdriver or brute force.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: July 20, 2009, 10:35:10 am »

Temporary repairs to hold the air in, then permanent repairs to fix the breach. Good. Very good.

On that note, all engineers should have EVA access.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:37 am »

No, not all engineers should have EVA access. For security reasons.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: July 20, 2009, 10:42:47 am »

How bout there is a security room, with a guard manning the Cameras.

he can then open Doors and Deploy security measures.

sort of like a deputy AI.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: July 20, 2009, 11:26:29 am »

Can't we split the engineer jobs into engine operator, electricien, aero-mechanic and structural repairmen? The last ones could have access to spacesuits and airlocks but not to the engine or any atmospheric controls.
Benzene on steam.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: July 20, 2009, 11:28:43 am »

Speaking of too many deadly things, if you'd like to play around with an older version...

http://forums.ss13.org/index.php/topic,24.0.html

It has some crazy deadly fire, and I do mean crazy it followed you everywhere and would not go out until it burned through everything.  I have an older version than that one too.  From 03.  Right when cryo was first implemented, and there was no attack delay.  If you broke a window to space you were likely going with it at a very good pace.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:43 am »

I do agree with some of the changes Yanlin has suggested, but I think Plasma Storms should be kept in.  It DOES provide a great challenge of having to repair the station quickly, especially in an extended game where you might not have a traitor bombing sections of the station.

The only problem is that most electronics (including APCs) are unbuildable or unrepairable, and so plasma storms can easily render the station FUBAR.  It shouldn't be too hard to program constructable machines, though, especially with the new circuitboard object.

And as to oxygen, the Goon Station design is quite limited in internals, too.  I counted about ten emergency closets, and close to half were in areas restricted by jobs.  I can understand a limited oxygen supply, but even a moderately-staffed crew won't have enough internals to go around.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 20, 2009, 11:43:21 am »

Just wanted to mention that the Goonstation has portable shield generators that block airflow but allow passage over vacuum squares in a 5 x 5 square. They fall under the atmos department.

For the EVA stuff, I think that there should be one or two space suits in both Atmos and in Engineering in sealed lockers. No jetpacks, but perhaps fire extinguishers could be used as a weak substitute if you get pushed away. Really, the only thing that needs to be secured in EVA storage are the jetpacks, and they could be stored in sealed lockers requiring captain or head access to get.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 20, 2009, 11:45:07 am »

By all means, keep plasma storms. JUST MAKE THEM MORE REASONABLE!

They blow up half the station! It keeps making these small explosions all the time!

But there are A TON OF BIG ONES that are REALLY ANNOYING.

Especially when they blow up atmos. WHICH THEY DO!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2939 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »

My dream for the future of SS13:

EVERYTHING can be built, with enough resources and effort.
There IS a device that slowly "creates" matter, myltiplied by the "outer space contents" that slowly average out to a certain value. This is where atmos drained to space moves, rather than just disappearing. The device that "creates" matter will draw out of this virtual storage, so ANY hull breach will MASSIVELY boost the output of this device, restoring the lost atmos in time.

This device will consume a settable amount of power and produce sqrt(power/100)*100*space_contents.density()/REGULAR_SPACE_MATTER_DENSITY units, in a distribution directly copied from the space_contents.

That means that an atmos leak of pure oxygen will massively increase the oxygen output of this device, while somewhat deminishing the other matter types output, slowly approaching normal as the device removes some and the space_contents drain to true nonexistance.

This device, as well as possible other heavy industry will be the only machinery to link directly to a power conduit without an APC converting down to standard cables.

Also, I have the station running off APC batteries now, and it perfectly handles multiple APCs connected to a single powernet, though the design is currently one APC per powernet.

This means that overuse of the doors can deplete the area's power.

Each APC currently holds a charge of 5000,, and each door use takes 50.

Airlocks autoclose.

Finally, 0.01.03 is up!
Complete with gender-colored names.
(It gets the color from a proc in world.dm, and the gender to feed the proc from a proc in one of the mob.dm files, so that if voice disguising gets added...)
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 950