Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811131 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2880 on: July 18, 2009, 08:58:40 pm »

Blood for the...... jantors.
Bright red fun!

(must get off now)
Eh?
Eh!

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 19, 2009, 12:58:25 am »

There should be a emergency room near evac shuttle that only allows access AFTER the shuttle is called.
maybe make all the ships dock at some part of the station that functions as a spaceport?

Also how about getting reclaim mode implemented soon.
(Ex. At start everyone spawns on a reclaim ship with Canisters, siphons, Metal/circuitry, and everything you need to repair the station. Also the arrival shuttle isn't there intill the repair crew fix the arrival area and call it. And it brings everyone that joined after start maybe a traitor.)
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 19, 2009, 04:52:48 am »

thats the sort of map i was going to work on Marine, but noone will tell me how to get the damn dream maker working!

it won't DO anything, the "Objects" is devoid of existance.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:42 am »

it won't DO anything, the "Objects" is devoid of existance.
Have you got a complete source? (dozens of files instead of just an rsc and dmb) If so, try to compile and press that update button at the bottom.

For the station, I was thinking of waking new people up from stasis pods in the middle of the station. The arrival shuttle is very vulnerable at that pier and new assistants often have to scream for a crowbar or some internals to get out.
Benzene on steam.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 19, 2009, 10:43:50 am »

Yeknow I really like the stasis pods idea, you could have a room with 20ish stasis pods for the crew, and three stasis pods for the officers, there could even be extra griefing opportunity by allowing a traitor to kill off the sleeping crew members (preventing people from entering the game), there could even be special scenarios where someone has to reawaken the crew and get them out...

Actually, couldn't we just use sleepers? Maybe have some sort of big sleeper machine?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 19, 2009, 10:58:47 am »

Hows about a large room with a central pillar, a hollow one with a control panel and a valve inlet or something, surrounded by the pods or sleepers, connected with wires and pipes.

the central panel could be used to free the sleeping crew, so that the captain (or more likely, the head of personnell) would have another task, let out sleeping crew when the join the server.

might work well, or might fail.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 19, 2009, 11:10:33 am »

Heck if we get it working we could throw in a mechanic whereby the game randomly generates various characters, and instead of making up our own ones you just get to choose which crew member to play.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: July 19, 2009, 11:15:01 am »

that could work pretty well,

hell, i could design some, we need at least 50-ish.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 19, 2009, 11:16:18 am »

Hows about a large room with a central pillar, a hollow one with a control panel and a valve inlet or something, surrounded by the pods or sleepers, connected with wires and pipes.

the central panel could be used to free the sleeping crew, so that the captain (or more likely, the head of personnell) would have another task, let out sleeping crew when the join the server.

might work well, or might fail.

Here's a handwave. Due to limitations of cryostasis, it takes time to wake up people. Certain people take longer to wake up than others. Waking up more than one pod at a time is hazardous to the system.

Recap: Cryopods can only wake up one person at a time and it can take anywhere from 1 seconds to a day to wake someone up.

Naturally, we need to implement a system to pick a job right as soon as you wake up.

Let's limit what jobs newly awoken can take. Nothing high level and high access. (So they are limited to security, forensics and researcher. Under my job scheme.)

Make a limit to how many of each job can be on the station. 4 for researcher, 10 for security officer and 2 for forensics.

Once they pick a job, they get an ID which allows them to leave the room. Then they enter into a "Gearing up" room which contains all the proper tools for all the pickable jobs. Once they take whatever they need, they just exit through the next door and onto the station.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: July 19, 2009, 11:31:59 am »

Warning. ANGRY rant:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Recap:
-NO to giving players obligatory random generated backstories. Atleast put an option for each player to generate one randomly or write their own, like the name. (it would follow the same rules about realistic names)
-NO to making predefined characters that the players must choose to. You would be giving players premade scripts. AND THAT STINKS.
-NO to making players have to wait in cryo pods, AND preferably NO to having to get a captain or whatever to let them out. Think about it: The whole reason we wanted to remove the arrival shuttle is because its normally hard for players to get out of there midgame. Well what if a new player arrives, and the captain and all heads are busy or dead? He would have NO chance of getting out. Also, making players wait to get in game unnecessarily is stupid and serves only to annoy players, so no 'wait to get defrost from cryo' thingy unless its very short, under 1 minute.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 19, 2009, 11:39:35 am »

I think he meant that if a new player joins the game, the automatic crypod system suddenly succeeds in waking up a new human for him to control. The whole pickable job thing could be handwaved with the crew manifest being wiped in an ion storm, so everyone would just have to be honest about their name and rank. This way, there wouldn't be a dozen assistants waiting for job placement in the hallways because the captain and officers are too busy handling emergencies.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:54:27 am by Giant Snowman »
Benzene on steam.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:54 am »

Warning. ANGRY rant:

Recap:
-NO to giving players obligatory random generated backstories. Atleast put an option for each player to generate one randomly or write their own, like the name. (it would follow the same rules about realistic names)
-NO to making predefined characters that the players must choose to. You would be giving players premade scripts. AND THAT STINKS.
-NO to making players have to wait in cryo pods, AND preferably NO to having to get a captain or whatever to let them out. Think about it: The whole reason we wanted to remove the arrival shuttle is because its normally hard for players to get out of there midgame. Well what if a new player arrives, and the captain and all heads are busy or dead? He would have NO chance of getting out. Also, making players wait to get in game unnecessarily is stupid and serves only to annoy players, so no 'wait to get defrost from cryo' thingy unless its very short, under 1 minute.

I agree. I HATE random backstories and stuff...

But yes. I meant the cryopod wakes someone up as soon as they connect. The Handwave is what I wrote about the cryopod.

The actual player DOES NOT wait. But in game, the RP says it took time for him to wake up!

Further handwave: We can assume that the cryopod comes online at the start of the day. During the day, people wake up. All the people who were there at the start already woke up.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 19, 2009, 11:48:11 am »

Warning. ANGRY rant:

Recap:

My viewpoint exactly! Yay!
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 19, 2009, 11:50:16 am »

On second thought the whole "wake up the crew thing" actually would be a lot less fun in application for most of the players. Having players choose from random pregenerated characters is still something I like though, it can actually be rather fun if people are forced into different roles and have to adapt, it does have it's downsides though, and I would say that if it does get put in it should be as a option that can be toggled on and off.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: July 19, 2009, 11:55:40 am »

And now, you want to FORCE THEM TO USE PREDESIGNED/RANDOM CHARACTERS? Bullshit. You'd be basically giving players a premade script and telling them "You are a janitor that was formerly a slave for the empire. You have to act so-and-so, else you would not be following your backstory and character profile and thus breaking RP."

Hey, I would actually be interested in SS13 if I HAD a predesigned/random character sheet. For example, if I was a janitor that was formerly a slave for the Empire, I could have many moral delimmas. Did I like the empire? Was my slave master good? Can we bury our differences and work together?

Of course, I could randomly generate said main character myself, but the concept isn't something to tear apart...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 950