Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811143 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2805 on: July 18, 2009, 08:08:31 am »

Oh and for fucks sake, make it so janitors can't grief the entire server by washing main hallways and making everyone slip.

Make it so that if there's a wet floor sign in your viewfield, you can't slip on a wet floor.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 18, 2009, 08:10:19 am »

Protip: WALKING on the wet floor instead of running on them, will make You not slip on wet floors. Wet floors is a trap that works only on noobs.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 18, 2009, 08:12:39 am »

It's kind of hard to notice the wet floor when going from one place to the other considering that one would expect hallways to be empty.

Plus, WALKING IS SLOW AS FUCK!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 18, 2009, 08:14:04 am »

Thats why You activate it only when You need pass wet floors.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 18, 2009, 08:16:40 am »

Did I mention the part where the wet floors are hard to notice?

Whatever, that's fair.

But make it so janitors can't clean something that's already clean! Make the mop only work on stuff that make the floor count as dirty! Like blood!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:54 am »

Don't all floors get dirty from dust, hair and spilled spacebeer? Periodic cleaning is of vital importance to maintain a comfortable, healthy and hygienic work environment. It's true that slippery floors can be dangerous to people running about, but that's what the yellow signs are for. If the janitor isn't putting them up he's not following work and safety protocols and is making the station's company vulnerable to legal action. Clearly a hanging offence. (enough to fire him, at least)

Not placing the signs is also fun way for traitors or revolutionaries to make station personel vulnerable to flashing, identity theft or murder.

In other words: Let's give every crewmember a paper with a list of station protocols which are enforcable in-game.
1. Always put up the yellow 'wet floor' signs when cleaning a floor.
2. You are only authorized to enter those areas that your id card gives you access to. Access to unauthorized areas is only allowed with permission from authorized personel.
3. Do not damage station equipment.
4. Public oxygen tanks and gas masks are for emergency use only. Removing them from their lockers without good reason endangers all personel in the case of an emergency.
5. Heating plasma or taking EVA-gear is only allowed with the express permission of the captain.
6. When the captain is dead or found unfit for duty by a docter the station's heads need to appoint a new captain among themselves.
Benzene on steam.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 18, 2009, 09:31:45 am »

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying! You should only be able to clean the floor IF IT GETS DIRTY! We need to program ways to make it dirty! But seriously. The entire round can be assumed to take the span of ONE day. YOU DO NOT GET DUSTY COVERED FLOORS IN ONE DAY.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 18, 2009, 09:34:34 am »

Well, they just came on-board. It SHOULD be dusty.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 18, 2009, 10:06:05 am »

Actually, they were there the whole time. Working normally, everything going swell. Until the all mighty and powerful server host started meddling with things!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:01 am »

We can just assume they were possessed by malevolent spirits who enjoy a\saying 'lol' and should never be the captain EVER.

Also, and I am being serious, we need a slogan! Seriously, our station needs a randomly generated slogan. It would be awesome.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 18, 2009, 10:16:46 am »

Space Station 13:

Doing "Science", so you Don't have to.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 18, 2009, 10:17:23 am »

We should assume there's a normal cleaning routine then. With a big station like this and only one janitor, he'd probably need to be mopping all the time just to keep the dust off.

Edit: Isn't researching a new slogan for the company the space station's primary mission?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:22:31 am by Giant Snowman »
Benzene on steam.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 18, 2009, 10:33:13 am »

Alright, since I really want bots in the game, I'm trying to add a skeleton to qwerty's source. However, it seems not to have been designed at all with something like that in mind, the /mob datum wholeheartedly assumes that every mob has hands, feet and organs. So you didn't plan to add jellyfish, qwerty? =(

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 18, 2009, 10:35:36 am »

Qwerty, since you're basically creating a new SS13 from scratch, shouldn't we make it more dwarven?

Get rid of "Plasma" since Plasma is not a gas. It's a state of matter. (Blood plasma excluded. I have no idea why it's called plasma, but it isn't.) The blood plasma in medbay should be renamed as well. It should say blood plasma. Not just plasma.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 18, 2009, 10:47:42 am »

True that. Instead of plasma, there should be gases that actually react, e.g. hydrogen and oxygen. So far, there apparently are only O2, CO2 and N2.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 950