Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804595 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2610 on: July 13, 2009, 05:47:48 pm »

I can't even connect. Problem with Byond. Can't contact Byond Central or whatever.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #2611 on: July 13, 2009, 05:50:21 pm »

Yeah, same with me, too.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 13, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

4. WHEN A REV BRAINWASHES ANOTHER PERSON, THEY NEED TO GET A MESSAGE TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO, AND THAT THEY NEED TO A, KILL THE CAPTAIN AND THE HEADS, AND B, STOP KILLING THE GUY WHO FLASHES THEM! This is very annoying, shouldn't take too long to do.
I've never been a rev leader, but it seems to me a bit easy to convert people... just find someone on their own.. IMHO this needs to be made a bit harder - for example having to convince people through speech that the captain is mad or whatever - though that'd be open to meta which'd be annoying

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 13, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »

Dear god is the Rev leaders life hard. Over active AI's are a pain in the @**. " Beorn Hastings has just stunned someone in medbay. Arrest him." Plus stupid Rev converts blathering on about, "YAY yets go kill the capt." Rev leaders have a hard time.

Also, spoiler for admins for interesting additions to matches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: July 13, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »

Things that need to be done, ASAP, dammit.
3 Change the AI default laws. As it stands now, anyone can give any order to the AI, and he as long as it isn't a direct danger to the station, they have to do it. IE, "AI, bolts all doors in the station." If no one told the AI not to, he would have to, even if a damn assistant told him too.
Should also, be very easy to do.

I completely agree point 1, but I must address point 3.

If the AI drops bolts just because it's been asked... It's a bad AI. The AI cannot, directly or indirectly, through action, interaction or inaction, cause harm to humans.

Law 2 CLEARLY sates that it must be obeyed as long as it does not violate law 1.

This means that if the AI endangers anyone by dropping bolts (IE, everybody who needs to use it...) then it cannot drop bolts. It has to REFUSE the action.

Ok, horrible example, but the AI can still grant EVA to anyone, as that doesn't danger anyone. Besides, we should change the law to make that more clear, too.

We need a Cent.Com report for rev mode. As of now people are being forced to RP not knowing a rev is going on. Even though people are being seen a getting flashed. All they have to do is make something up like "I asked him to" and more forced RP. There is really no way to realize that a rev is going on until you get several people attacking the heads. Which could interpreted as just some insane guys and cant be traced back tot he rev leaders.

Yeah, you're right there, I agree, we should have a report for that. However, we should still take away the percentage chance of who is it, and for traitor/wizard, we can do the same, just having the percentage chance of what their mission is.

Dear god is the Rev leaders life hard. Over active AI's are a pain in the @**. " Beorn Hastings has just stunned someone in medbay. Arrest him." Plus stupid Rev converts blathering on about, "YAY yets go kill the capt." Rev leaders have a hard time.

Also, spoiler for admins for interesting additions to matches.

Heh, I like those ideas..  ;D

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2615 on: July 13, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »

Need opinions:
Include genders?
Include nudists?
Add tatoos?
Eh?
Eh!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: July 13, 2009, 08:04:23 pm »

Yes, no, no.

Genders are important if you are planning to generate messages in any gendered language.  IE you will need to say "he", "she" etc.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2617 on: July 13, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »

Bonus:
I have started making my own graphics from nothing.
Here is what I have so far:
Eh?
Eh!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 13, 2009, 09:25:49 pm »

Bonus:
I have started making my own graphics from nothing.
Here is what I have so far:

I like it.

Also, I think I know how to make monkey mode better. You no longer become a monkey from biting, you have to break into genetics, and copy a monkey's DNA to an injector and get people like that. We just did this in extended (Also tested out 'backstories' for everyone, to be short- it works and is awesome.) and it was pretty fun. I was turned into a monkey, for testing, and then they locked my up, but then one of the heads turned himself into a monkey, and we fought our way out. Our goal was to make other people monkeys.

Sadly, he was taken down after our second daring, narrow escape from the humans, so I was the last monkey alive, slowly stalking the crew, stealing their ID tags. We didn't have any engineers so we had to Evac the station, though, so that was kinda horrible.

EDIT- Removed liberal use of the word 'Sadly.'

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39:34 pm »

I think it shouldn't just be a bite, but an injector seems too much. Perhaps adding grab onto the monkey, and after 30 seconds of a tight hold, in which the victim could move but not see due to monkey on face, they would be turned. Others could beat the monkey off, but would risk hurting the person being attacked.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:31 pm »

Server crash again?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:21 pm »

Server crash again?
Someone crashed it, yes.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: July 13, 2009, 10:34:25 pm »

Those damned monkeys.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: July 14, 2009, 02:33:16 am »

Probably three headed ones too.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:04 am »

Injectors are too unusable. First off humans have to hold still for you to inject them, which means the monkeys have to gain access to some type of stunning device, and if the first monkeys can't then the chances of them getting someone to hold still long enough is nearly impossible.

Secondly, meta gaming = AI locking genetics = monkeys lose.

Maybe having just drawing blood from a monkey and having those rapid injection shots would work.

O yeah and monkeys take 0 sec to be injected into so, human with sleep toxin shot > monkey with monkey shot.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 950