Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804513 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2535 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:44 am »

speaking of telekenisis, i once managed to fool a person into thinking that i could move items using only my mind.

i did this by putting my head in my hands and blowing a piece of parer off of a table.

this human female genuinely believed me.

Pfft. Moving things with your mind is overrated. I can move things with my LIMBS! To better use too!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 12, 2009, 08:33:39 am »

meh, be that way.

you are on The List for your condecending nature.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #2537 on: July 12, 2009, 08:35:44 am »

Whoah? Limbs? That's scary.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:59 am »

Server is up. Ahhhh!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:00 am »

Artist rendition of Yanlin.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2540 on: July 12, 2009, 09:31:44 am »

I'm not sure, but I've not touched airlocks. I think I did touch atoms. But mostly I've been mapping, so merging will be easy. Just tell me what lines have been changed, comment them, and zip it to me.

The only change to atoms was adding
Code: [Select]
/obj/item/weapon/circuitry
name = "circuitry"
icon_state = "circuitry"
flags = 322.0
force = 5.0
w_class = 2.0
throwforce = 5.0
throw_speed = 3
throw_range = 5

The rest are in this .zip file
Also, if you haven't put in any grille layer fix, adding layer = 2.9 to the grille definition in atoms.dm is one way to fix it.
Eh?
Eh!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 12, 2009, 10:43:06 am »

The pic is seriously awesome. But who's that dragon back there?  ???
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 12, 2009, 10:48:40 am »

The pic is seriously awesome. But who's that dragon back there?  ???

Yanlin's collected rage of mis-spelling and bad grammar.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: July 12, 2009, 10:53:42 am »

Telekinesis is REALLY overpowered if you can push people over (Disarm attack) without even being next to them. Since you only need to see them... Imagine a guy with thermals and telekinesis. He could get a toolbox and toolbox people at range! Especially if he takes off his ID and puts on a gasmask.

actually that is exactly what i did. just that i had x-ray, instead of thermals. how else do you think i could open the emergency closet in a dark room?  original plan was to break windows and release gas in the room. then take internals and break free. but you and the captain said you wanted to kill us, so i had to do it in the brutal way.

but.... does that mean i can still use telekinesis at full power, or maybe i shouldn't attack far people with anything else other than my hands, if they are in another room?

edit : a day i'll have to take you into genetics and let you test all the superpower blocks i found ( i heard there is an invisibility block, but i haven't found it yet). so that you know exactly what they do.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: July 12, 2009, 10:56:50 am »

Basic law of telekinesis: Don't attack people at range with stuff you're holding. Punching them is fine and can be handwaved as you manipulating them.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 12, 2009, 11:00:39 am »

well, if there are no walls between the 2 people, i think attacking with an held object would be like moving the object to the other erson and then bash them. but i'll do what you said. no attacking with objects. punches are more than enough usually anyway.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: July 12, 2009, 11:00:47 am »

Telekinesis is REALLY overpowered if you can push people over (Disarm attack) without even being next to them. Since you only need to see them... Imagine a guy with thermals and telekinesis. He could get a toolbox and toolbox people at range! Especially if he takes off his ID and puts on a gasmask.

actually that is exactly what i did. just that i had x-ray, instead of thermals. how else do you think i could open the emergency closet in a dark room?  original plan was to break windows and release gas in the room. then take internals and break free. but you and the captain said you wanted to kill us, so i had to do it in the brutal way.

but.... does that mean i can still use telekinesis at full power, or maybe i shouldn't attack far people with anything else other than my hands, if they are in another room?

edit : a day i'll have to take you into genetics and let you test all the superpower blocks i found ( i heard there is an invisibility block, but i haven't found it yet). so that you know exactly what they do.

Hmm. I unbanned you again, I think something might be glitched. Try to join again.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »

Hint: If you are a telekinesis user, go wild with it. It was coded in that way, so there. Don't take that "not-attacking behind walls with held objects" non-sense. After all, teleporters and wizards exist. So there.

If someone complains about how the game works again, I'm removing all the unrealistic stuff. That includes NEARLY EVERYTHING.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: July 12, 2009, 02:51:22 pm »

floirt: 1 yanlin: 0

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 12, 2009, 03:07:01 pm »

Hint: If you are a telekinesis user, go wild with it. It was coded in that way, so there. Don't take that "not-attacking behind walls with held objects" non-sense. After all, teleporters and wizards exist. So there.

If someone complains about how the game works again, I'm removing all the unrealistic stuff. That includes NEARLY EVERYTHING.

Well SOMEBODY can't grasp the concept of OVERPOWERED.

Somebody suggested limiting the range to 3 tiles like in Lorden's server but leaving the wizard's telekinesis the way it is.

Besides, stop making that argument. It's invalid. "If we're removing one thing, we might as well remove everything else that is even remotely connected with it!"
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 950