Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804540 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2355 on: July 07, 2009, 08:24:44 pm »

Well, my efforts have pushed past the point of a mere mortal making a proper list of the changes.
It would take a computer program to compare the files to at least see changed vs unchanged files to at least limit the work.

In other news, I added a new power state flag: NOAPCLINK
This is because of that annoying issue where you can cut the line leading to a door(maybe not the line dirrectly connected, I don't know about that) and the door still works.

The solution?
When the wire_cut proc splits a powernet, scan each one for an APC, if there is none, add NOPOWER | NOAPCLINK to each one.

Still have to code the reverse, joining to the power network should clear the flag, and if there is power, clear the NOPOWER flag.

All this so that player-built airlocks that are not already attached to a functioning powernet can recieve power when attached at a later time.
And disconnected objects stay disconnected rather than being magically powered by the area.
Eh?
Eh!

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 07, 2009, 08:29:22 pm »

Sounds good qwerty.
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 07, 2009, 09:52:17 pm »

I'm on DarkShadow's server as an admin. Yeah. Talk about admin power abuse.

Edit: Immortal Monkey with axe and spare captain ID.

Edit2: He refuses to remove the Bay 12 name from his server. Awaiting advice on what to do.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:25:24 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2358 on: July 07, 2009, 10:43:58 pm »

What sort of abuse are we talking about here. Examples, people. Examples. Let us know why we're less than cordial to this guy. (Pull the lever! Burn the elf!)
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: July 07, 2009, 10:52:25 pm »

Edit2: He refuses to remove the Bay 12 name from his server. Awaiting advice on what to do.

What reason does he give for this?

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 07, 2009, 11:02:00 pm »

Trust me I wont be having him host for me again.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 07, 2009, 11:06:52 pm »

Lets see, examples. No damage monkey with axe and captains spare ID wandering around killing everyone. Captain wandering with an axe killing people. Teleporting himself out of danger. Others, but I can't remember them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: July 08, 2009, 04:51:46 am »

I agree that the timeline that MarineElite isnt perfect, and is on a far too short and early timescale. But something that struck me as completely implausible and insane:

-   Tragedy strikes the world when the International Space Station which had been abandoned for four years breaks orbit and falls to the Earth. The ISS hits Moscow setting off a massive nuclear explosion, combining the force of several nukes in the nearby area. 50% of Russia is destroyed, and there is little to no chance of a recovery. Russia disolves, and it's people move to the surrounding countries.

Seriously, this makes no sense. 50% or RUSSIA? Either the ISS would have to be carrying a million-megaton worth of nuclear devices to completely wipe out half or Russia, or Russia would have to conveniently place all the nuclear weapons it has ever made multiplied by ten in a very precise domino-like arrangement throughout the country so that the ISS would fall exactly in the middle and trigger a well-calculated chain reaction that destroyed half the country. Or maybe the Russians invented a billion-megaton nuke and decided to store it exactly were the ISS would fall (Don't tell me it couldnt have been predicted with all their awesome tech stuff)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:28 am »

Well, my efforts have pushed past the point of a mere mortal making a proper list of the changes.
It would take a computer program to compare the files to at least see changed vs unchanged files to at least limit the work.

In other news, I added a new power state flag: NOAPCLINK
This is because of that annoying issue where you can cut the line leading to a door(maybe not the line dirrectly connected, I don't know about that) and the door still works.

The solution?
When the wire_cut proc splits a powernet, scan each one for an APC, if there is none, add NOPOWER | NOAPCLINK to each one.

Still have to code the reverse, joining to the power network should clear the flag, and if there is power, clear the NOPOWER flag.

All this so that player-built airlocks that are not already attached to a functioning powernet can recieve power when attached at a later time.
And disconnected objects stay disconnected rather than being magically powered by the area.

If I understood correctly, that would break THE WHOLE THING! For one, many doors are not connected to wires. Sure, that is fixable, but still. Second, power drain from doors actually comes from a fixed preset value in the APC, so the APC chews power at the same rate whether doors are connected or not. Still, that is awesome. Be sure to zip up the specific files or something so I can put them in.

Also, does the NO POWER flag bypasses altogether the backup batteries of a door?
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 08, 2009, 06:02:29 am »

Just throwing this in, but what about grilles? They carry electricity in them as well. Could they have any part in this?

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:21 am »

For grilles, that already works. They aren't being magically powered by the area, they just have wires in them.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 08, 2009, 08:21:59 am »

Which .dm file allows you to change the name of the server? It's been a while since I've done this, lol.

Any answers to this? I'm still waiting to host for you cool kids ;O

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: July 08, 2009, 08:36:54 am »

Which .dm file allows you to change the name of the server? It's been a while since I've done this, lol.

Any answers to this? I'm still waiting to host for you cool kids ;O

Oh sorry, here-

Open the Bay Station 12 project (Public.dme) with DreamMaker.
Go to this file: code/hubs.dm
There is this line: name = "Bay Station 12"
Change it to this for example: name = "Space Station Creative Number"
Go to this file: code/globals.dm
There is this line: SS13_version = "Bay12 Games"
Change it to this for example: SS13_version = "Detrevni's Server"
Go to "Build" in the menu on the top and select "Compile".
That will update the game files.

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 08, 2009, 11:15:47 am »

Ok, my more intelligent bro that actually RP's is hosting now on his comp that is faster than my old one I'm on now(fast one isn't working right)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 08, 2009, 11:37:49 am »

Ok, my more intelligent bro that actually RP's is hosting now on his comp that is faster than my old one I'm on now(fast one isn't working right)

Think you could change the server name, like, at least take the "Orginal" out?

Anyway, not to steal your brother's thunder, but I'm back home myself, too, so, server is up. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 950