Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808447 times)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13650 on: June 15, 2010, 05:36:10 pm »

having a different backstory would be a good thing.. why not?
as for the ai-modes.. simply have the ship dock at a old military AI facility and have it take over the ship or something... Or some rogue-AI-ship trys to takeover the ship ect..

but excellent.. Keep it up Tsukasa

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: June 15, 2010, 05:40:05 pm »

No T ;)

Also, we've got a small issue: None of the graphics for our stuff really fits with the GS graphics (e.g. all our networking objects), so we'll either need to resprite all our stuff to fit GS, resprite all of GS to fit our stuff, or just put up with badly mismatched graphics.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: June 15, 2010, 05:48:02 pm »

I don't think people mind putting up with badly mismatched graphics until/when/ifever they get streamlined to be similar... I think most of us care far more about gameplay and merely want the graphics to be informative.. But i could be wrong.

Edit: that being said i hear people say things like they like bay12 graphics better...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:11:21 pm by Rift »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13653 on: June 15, 2010, 06:14:38 pm »

Are we really going to switch to the Goonstation codebase? Didn't our code work fine?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: June 15, 2010, 06:17:29 pm »

Our code works fine.

The thing is, theirs works better, has no lag, can support basically everything in our version with minimal effort, and is better-organized.

The only two reasons so far I've come across for not migrating are A) People not being fond of the graphics (and this can be dealt with) and B) "But it's the goon's code," which they have released publicly.

The advantages I already listed, and we can alter it to be pretty damn similar to the old game, down to the professions and such as needed.

tl;dr lots of advantages for both coders and players and no real disadvantages.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »

The thing is, theirs works better, has no lag, can support basically everything in our version with minimal effort, and is better-organized.

Enough said.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: June 15, 2010, 07:02:53 pm »

Yes that was a big selling-point for me as well :P

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: June 15, 2010, 07:12:28 pm »

I don't really care about the icons, there is nothing wrong with the ones we have, but if you want to use the new ones, doesn't matter. As long as there is no poo or stuff, and we keep having rp admins (as opposed to deathmatch), it's fine for me. What I would really like to see is a roboticist (robotocist? roboticer?). One with basic routines like "clean floor - move forward - if wall turn left, else repeat". But that's probably quite hard to code. An alternative is what I think is the goon code (only played it once, so I'm not sure) with a set of pre-programmed robots you can build. Even coolerer would be to build a robot that can be remote controlled, via the computer in robotics. Of course, in that case, the bridge would have a robotics killswitch. Those RC robots are basically NPC's which are sometimes PC's (when someone logs in to the computer) but are tougher, more resistant to cold, and need no air. Would be very usefull if, for instance, there is a hull breach in EVA, or plasma lab is infected so the robot can siphon the stuff, etc.

Also, because I'm just curious, do you have any plans regarding the space where the AI used to be?

Seconded

EDIT: To specify, robots with a simple if(stimulus)/then(response) system like see:Captain/emote:salute to make it salute the captain or see:Asisstant/tool1:Assistant and give it a toolbox to get murdered by an angry HOS who finds the corpses would be AWESOME. Them being controlable would be great too. A rogue AI could use the tools people give robots as murder weapons. They shouldn't be able to pick things up (for use) though. Carry multitool-maybe. Pick up and use multitool-no.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:23:15 pm by Matz05 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: June 15, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »

I don't really care about the icons, there is nothing wrong with the ones we have, but if you want to use the new ones, doesn't matter. As long as there is no poo or stuff, and we keep having rp admins (as opposed to deathmatch), it's fine for me. What I would really like to see is a roboticist (robotocist? roboticer?). One with basic routines like "clean floor - move forward - if wall turn left, else repeat". But that's probably quite hard to code. An alternative is what I think is the goon code (only played it once, so I'm not sure) with a set of pre-programmed robots you can build. Even coolerer would be to build a robot that can be remote controlled, via the computer in robotics. Of course, in that case, the bridge would have a robotics killswitch. Those RC robots are basically NPC's which are sometimes PC's (when someone logs in to the computer) but are tougher, more resistant to cold, and need no air. Would be very usefull if, for instance, there is a hull breach in EVA, or plasma lab is infected so the robot can siphon the stuff, etc.

Also, because I'm just curious, do you have any plans regarding the space where the AI used to be?

Seconded
Thirded.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: June 15, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »

We need ideas for a new map.  Any opinionated idiots out there want to speak up?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: June 15, 2010, 07:27:43 pm »

We need ideas for a new map.  Any opinionated idiots out there want to speak up?

I did.

.....unless your being sarcastic and calling me an idiot.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: June 15, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »

No I'm being ironically aware of the reality of the situation, in a cynical fashion.  It's not an insult, Orb.  If it was, that would have been a bit too subtle.

Also you aren't the only idiot with opinions on the internet.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: June 15, 2010, 08:12:30 pm »

You mentioned having a new map more like a ship.. is there any paticular reason why it cant be a ship?
I don't see why it has to be a station.. i think flying the ship around, visiting astroids to mine, or docking at spacestations or visiting other planets ect would give us lots of options.
A supply capsule from cent com has arrived.
this capsule docks with the station at a specific port and contains a few supplys, like maybe a food closet and a oxygen canister or some other things. Also have a button to eject the capsule from the dock and take anything inside with it.
(trash collection is the term that comes to mind)
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: June 15, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »

Rift: We can't do any of those things really, so for all practical purposes it's either a station, or a ship going nowhere fast.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32:42 pm »

On the one hand I like the compactness of the current station. On the other, I liked the expansiveness of the donut and its ability to let me make hidey holes from which to wreak havoc from. On the third hand, I feel high speed catapult transit is an idea we haven't played around with enough yet.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 950