Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808591 times)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13575 on: June 14, 2010, 05:08:54 pm »

Always childproof your code before putting it up.

Also: No diseases. Just splatter the sucker like a waterballoon of red paint.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: June 14, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »

-.-

That button is known as suicide.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: June 14, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »

i think if you attempt to vote for a new mode in the middle of a round, it gives you a disease.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: June 14, 2010, 05:12:05 pm »

Can we code in some kind of temporary ban or something? Ive asked this before, since I cant bring myself to banning people unless they are strictly being an idiot and know it. And, I have never banned someone. So yah, some kind of "several rounds" or something please. :)

"Edit" Also thanks to the goons for all the cool stuffs.

We have a temporary ban.

Also, what is all of this about the goons stuff? What did we steal add from their old source?

We do!? I didnt even notice. I will have to check that out.

it was removed, it merely exists in the older version that is currently being used.
Better, leave it in, but make it give you a disease if you click it.
still... basicaly the server is unplable until we switch to a newer version.

Thats what we do with the switch mode vote during a game that has started.  Except it kills you. That doesnt deter them either.
i think if you attempt to vote for a new mode in the middle of a round, it gives you a disease.

If you hit no, it starts a vote. If you hit yes, you get infected with "plasma". A very deadly disease. :)

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: June 14, 2010, 05:14:38 pm »

Why the hell would voting for a new mode kill you? Sure, don't actually start a vote, but killing people?
I mean, there are things known as 'newbies' you know.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:58 pm »

Might I suggest making it an auto kick to use?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: June 14, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »

If someone still hasnt caught my subtle hint, pressing "no" to the question "Do you really want to do a mode change vote(or whatever)" causes a vote to happen anyway. Unless someone fixed that over the last month, it should still be there.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: June 14, 2010, 05:27:42 pm »

I vote for an informative pop-up on use. You already have a way to do something when they try to do it, so why not do something helpful?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: June 14, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »

Or just not have it restart the round instantly when the vote completes.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: June 14, 2010, 06:10:41 pm »

Been cleaning up the code and fixing bugs / not-working stuff.  The computer in the network office works now, but it's exposed a bug in the net builder, whee.

tl;dr adding functionality, fixing bugs, speeding up future development.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Pantaloons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: June 14, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »

We probably will keep our atmos, just modify it slightly, taking hints from your code.  We aren't copy paste monsters, guys, and we will give you credit.

To be honest, you'll really want to use the new atmos as that's the biggest boost to efficiency. Instead of every tile being calculated individually as was done previously, tiles are grouped to speed up processing, much like how the powernet and pipenet systems work.

Your best bet, if you're wanting to keep the features you currently have, is to port them over to the new code base.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:18:37 pm by Pantaloons »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: June 14, 2010, 06:18:50 pm »

Yeah, we have a new atmos system too, we ditched the older one as well :P

It's not in the currently-running system though, since googol went a fair ways back to do the merge (to before we had a lot of lag).
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

We probably will keep our atmos, just modify it slightly, taking hints from your code.  We aren't copy paste monsters, guys, and we will give you credit.

To be honest, you'll really want to use the new atmos as that's the biggest boost to efficiency. Instead of every tile being calculated individually as was done previously, tiles are grouped to speed up processing, much like how the powernet and pipenet systems work.
That's what we did. Atmos is grouped by area, and it has a push effect. In fact, if the admins change a few settings, you can kill everyone on the station by opening one door.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: June 14, 2010, 06:20:43 pm »

That's what we did. Atmos is grouped by area, and it has a push effect. In fact, if the admins change a few settings, you can kill everyone on the station by opening one door.

Urist McAstronaut is hit by O2 tank x5000000

Urist McAstronaut has been struck down!
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:37 pm »

Urist McAstronaut is hit by O2 tank x5000000

Urist McAstronaut has been struck down!
I see we have a fan.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 950