Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808526 times)

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #13545 on: June 14, 2010, 01:17:59 pm »

Ok, I just noticed something weird with the gooncode. Most of the stuff seems to be acting like there's no sprites for it, my example case being the banana. Thing is, there IS a sprite for the banana, in icons/ss13/items.dmi. The items.dmi in the supernorn's icons folder, however, lacks bananas. Of course, the actual code doesn't specify which folder it's drawing the icon files from, but given the lack of most things showing up, it seems to be norn's.
:edit: aha, yep, just moved supernorn's icon folder, and suddenly everything's showing up.
:moreedit: and it looks like norn's sprites were already in the normal folder anyway, so we still get all his shiny bits.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:21:28 pm by NEOPhyte »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: June 14, 2010, 01:22:26 pm »

I must say, many of these new sprites are extremely spiffy. Sleeper looks ossum =P

Are the player models any good? We could remove the directional stuff right?

EDIT: Someone was talking to me 2 tiles away for like 5 minutes and I didn't get a single message. something is wrong. There was no table between us.
Aha!
Guys. Here are the recent problems because of updating goon sprites:
Temp appears again spamming temperature
Can't hear anything sometimes from people that are a few tiles away.
Tasers invisible
Beer invisible
Oh my god they sabotaged our servers! Guys everyone download their codes and look for hacks in it! GVAZ LEAD US OH WISE ONE!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: June 14, 2010, 02:02:23 pm »

As someone who was there when Googol was merging the code, everything is fine. He is merging the icons into an older version to get everything sorted out, and once that gets sorted, it will be much easier to move the icons up to Sukasa's cleaned up code.

As for the Banana and stuff, if you'll note, the spriter who posted the file said he removed icons that he didn't do, and that weren't part of the public goon code that was released before.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: June 14, 2010, 02:10:38 pm »

I must say, many of these new sprites are extremely spiffy. Sleeper looks ossum =P

Are the player models any good? We could remove the directional stuff right?

EDIT: Someone was talking to me 2 tiles away for like 5 minutes and I didn't get a single message. something is wrong. There was no table between us.
Aha!
Guys. Here are the recent problems because of updating goon sprites:
Temp appears again spamming temperature
Can't hear anything sometimes from people that are a few tiles away.
Tasers invisible
Beer invisible
Oh my god they sabotaged our servers! Guys everyone download their codes and look for hacks in it! GVAZ LEAD US OH WISE ONE!
Of course that's their diabolical plan because gvaz is always right.
Or you know, there's bound to be compatability issues.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: June 14, 2010, 02:31:11 pm »

Speaking of cleaning up the code, I'm working basically on just the root code plus stuff in machinery right now.  Things are going well, and code is getting cleaned up and separated out nicely.

It probably won't help lag or anything *at all* but at the very least it'll make development a lot easier, which means if we figure out what's *causing* the lag, we'll be able to fix it faster :)
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

supernorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: June 14, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »

Hey, Supernorn again.

We've had a brief discussion, (Exadv1, Nannek, Pantaloons, Myself, Keelin, Ostaf .etc) and agreed to release a recent version of our dev build as well. This is rev4407 which places it around early May 2010. This build features the greatly optimised atmospherics code, which means playing SS13 isn't like trodding through molasses anymore!  It also means it won't have a lot of the lame gimmick stuff (including poo!!!!) that got re-added afterwards.

Also apologies if you had troubles with the icons, that was partly my fault as i'd renamed the folder containing my icons incase you wanted to continue using the originals. This caused the game to be unable to find them once you'd switched. This shouldn't be an issue in this build.

Download: http://blackmage.org/supernorn/rev4407.rar

Edit: Just re-upped it with all of the icons, as we've discovered the map won't run if it can't find certain things.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:05:44 pm by supernorn »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: June 14, 2010, 02:46:07 pm »

Well...

Not much to say other than we appreciate this a whole hell of a lot as well :)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: June 14, 2010, 02:50:37 pm »

Yep, thats pretty dam surprising and thanks alot as well.

Just a question, are we doing a total swap over as of now or just flicking some of their code and icons out?

Keelin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: June 14, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »

Ive also taken the liberty of removing much of the gimmicky stuff - not just the stuff that was readded.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »

Those crazies who keep saying you guys suck at <Insert thing here> are indeed very crazy, you continue to have my deepest gratitude.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: June 14, 2010, 02:57:05 pm »

nuker: What we'll probably end up doing is taking most of the really cool things and integrating them into our codebase.  think of it as the best of both versions.

Only time will tell for sure, though.  And I agree with Johbson.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: June 14, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »

Thanks. I really dont know what else to say
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:04:42 pm by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: June 14, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

I'm not crazy. This is all a conspiracy by Data into slowing down our dev teams. I'm tellin ya, cheese has changed hands here.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: June 14, 2010, 03:03:46 pm »

Shit on fritz sticks.

Thats awesome. Thank you once more.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: June 14, 2010, 03:13:11 pm »

Ah ok, that sounds like a good plan Sukasa and thanks again Goon's. Any thing i've said thats been offensive against you just went flying out the door.....

Also, if Data is watching this....... I'M ON TO YOU
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 950