Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809039 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12660 on: May 21, 2010, 11:03:25 am »

I'd be interested in the revival of this prison crew again, could be cool.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: May 21, 2010, 12:21:16 pm »

I'd be interested in the revival of this prison crew again, could be cool.

We may have touched this topic earlier - integrate prison station/prison station functions in to the upcoming asteroid mining arc as a penal colony.

A product quota would be a good incentive to keep it running and put inmates to work. Hell, tie supply points to the the amount product mined and returned.

WE REQUIRE MORE MINERALS  -- You have been sentenced, by order of Captain McUrist to produce two hundred and fifty kilograms mineral product by manual labor in the far asteroid mine. You will be returned to your standard duties after completing this sentence.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:25:21 pm by Dyjeccu »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: May 21, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »

Yes, murder is the perfect example :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: May 21, 2010, 02:13:43 pm »

Oddly, murder is NOT the perfect example. Any Quasi Trained Semi Professional is capable of running the Gene Machine, and personally I'd rather the janitor display an unexpected knack for using it to revive people then leave them dead. Thus, like in D&D, death is trivialized. However, other offenses, like blinding someone with a screwdriver, ya you deserve to be thrown in the brig for the rest of the round. Spacing materials, destroying medlab, these are also major problems that should be punished with a round in the brig, though not specifically banning.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: May 21, 2010, 02:17:13 pm »

It's still a major crime. I'd be pissed off IRL if you killed me...even if people could revive me.
Also, you can't eyestab with screwdrivers anymore. Try it, I dare ya.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: May 21, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

I always felt that death was far too trivialized in this game. Especially considering how harsh we are to killers.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: May 21, 2010, 05:34:18 pm »

Also, you can't eyestab with screwdrivers anymore. Try it, I dare ya.
Noooooo...
That was one of my methods of letting people live, as a traitor.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: May 21, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »

Maybe perma-arrest was intended to be "I'll deal with you when I have a chance" and wasn't meant to be for the whole rest of the round?

Can you temp-arrest someone for like 10 hours?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: May 21, 2010, 06:31:01 pm »

Legal SOP says you're supposed to hold them no longer than a few minutes, so no.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #12669 on: May 21, 2010, 07:29:52 pm »

Duh, can't hold anyone in the brig for more than a few minutes. It's against Nanotrasen work and safety regulations and Personell morale improvement policies.

Criminally insane personell however are a threat to Nanotrasen Property (the station) and personell (you) however and are to be considered terminated (fired) both from Nanotrasen employment as well as ambulatory functions (out through the airlock), should they fail a standard employment record review hearing (trial). All pay will be retroactively docked at the completion of service termination. This also invalidates the employees life insurance policy, for obvious reasons.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: May 21, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »

In keeping with the new Atmos system, I recommend a gas powered ejection system for the brig.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: May 21, 2010, 07:51:53 pm »

The trouble with this, as pointed out earlier, is that most of the time the arrested person is spitting and swearing at the officer.
Pretty much the kind of behavior that would get you an extended stay.

I mean seriously, who lets criminals out if they are threatening harm, even if their stay is supposed to be up ?

Also, too much happens to let people out ASAP when its time, I might look into an automatic release system on a timer or PDA when those come out

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: May 21, 2010, 07:53:52 pm »

If I were in, and there were real airlocks, I could whip up some timers for release. Good part, if they guy has allies, they could trigger it early.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: May 21, 2010, 07:56:25 pm »

There also need to be more evidence/prisoner storage lockers.

Usually people just chuck everything on the floor outside the cell, and most of it gets stolen by the time the person is released, if ever.

Also, could we have a server?
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: May 21, 2010, 08:00:07 pm »

Yes, murder is the perfect example :D

It really isn't. My point is that as a security officer, you need to deal with criminals. If the person murdered someone, start a trial ASAP and push for the death sentence, don't just leave them to rot.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 950