Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809087 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12645 on: May 21, 2010, 01:54:33 am »

There are certain crimes that need people to be arrested the entire time, such as murder. If they are found guilty through the court, they would be jailed for the remainder of the game, the problem is that there is nothing to do in the brig at the moment, so something that security can do with the prisoners would be a good idea.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: May 21, 2010, 01:57:19 am »

Work labour?... Controlled community service (tracking/elec ankle band), human exsperiments etc.

Slave plasma mining...  :P

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: May 21, 2010, 02:09:08 am »

I'll be on tonight.
Happy that someone other than Headswe is hosting :D

What do you mean?  >:(
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: May 21, 2010, 02:28:00 am »

Awkward....  :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: May 21, 2010, 02:36:50 am »

I mean your server lags...that's part of why I faded into inactivity.

Perhaps it's geological location? It's nothing personal, just that the last few times on your server have been unplayable for me due to lag issues.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:38:58 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: May 21, 2010, 02:45:52 am »

Gaah, the lag is baaad. Otherwise, I'm having a pretty good time being turned into a zombie stuck in an airlock. It was pretty comical.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: May 21, 2010, 03:37:43 am »

Welcome to baystation 12, where random crap is normal and happens on a normal round.  :D

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: May 21, 2010, 03:40:17 am »

Well the second round went better. I was the captain, assigned two people jobs, and then passed out from oxygen deprivation and never woke up. :D

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: May 21, 2010, 05:55:37 am »

I'll probably start playing again today, so if anyone sees me on, I will answer questions(unless its "where do babies come from?"...you may end up in a bad place if you do).
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: May 21, 2010, 08:22:58 am »

.. I spent the rest of the game in the brig .. I spent the rest of the game in the brig ..

This is an injustice. I hate that perma-arrest happens so often with us.

While I understand security and command often has its hands full, but leaving an offender to rot is really poor gamesmanship.

When I play Captain, HoP, HoS, or security, I always push for limited sentences and community service if possible- Yes I get owned in Revolution.

This is a big problem, actually. I want to make our stance clear on this. If you perma-arrest someone, you will be jobbanned. People play to have fun, so deal with the prisoners quickly and in a way both people find fun (NOT SEXUAL OH NO NO NOT AT ALLLL) if at all possible.
The whole problem is that prisoners continuously scream at you, and cuss you out.

This will DEFINITELY motivate them to let you go, right?

I'll permarrest people who deserve it.

I'll at least send em to prison and give em a chemist pass though.
Let me put it this way. As a security officer, your job is to deal with criminals. Leaving them to rot in jail does not count as dealing with them and blindfolding them, gagging them and then cuffing them to the bed is a dickmove and will not be tolerated.

And if the problem is bad enough to warrant a permarrest, shouldn't it become an admin problem? I mean, I can't think of any non-bannable/mutable/kickable offense where locking someone up for the entire round could be considered acceptable.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: May 21, 2010, 08:30:42 am »

.. I spent the rest of the game in the brig .. I spent the rest of the game in the brig ..

This is an injustice. I hate that perma-arrest happens so often with us.

While I understand security and command often has its hands full, but leaving an offender to rot is really poor gamesmanship.

When I play Captain, HoP, HoS, or security, I always push for limited sentences and community service if possible- Yes I get owned in Revolution.

This is a big problem, actually. I want to make our stance clear on this. If you perma-arrest someone, you will be jobbanned. People play to have fun, so deal with the prisoners quickly and in a way both people find fun (NOT SEXUAL OH NO NO NOT AT ALLLL) if at all possible.
The whole problem is that prisoners continuously scream at you, and cuss you out.

This will DEFINITELY motivate them to let you go, right?

I'll permarrest people who deserve it.

I'll at least send em to prison and give em a chemist pass though.
Let me put it this way. As a security officer, your job is to deal with criminals. Leaving them to rot in jail does not count as dealing with them and blindfolding them, gagging them and then cuffing them to the bed is a dickmove and will not be tolerated.

And if the problem is bad enough to warrant a permarrest, shouldn't it become an admin problem? I mean, I can't think of any non-bannable/mutable/kickable offense where locking someone up for the entire round could be considered acceptable.

Your making this sound like a dare.... Hmmmm what COULD you do that wont ban you but will get you perma-arrested... I've gota find this one out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: May 21, 2010, 08:33:42 am »

It's like a high wire act but with explosions!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: May 21, 2010, 08:34:53 am »

And its bound to go out with a BANG! If any ones up for a game, im up and motering at the moment so yea.

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: May 21, 2010, 10:16:44 am »

Guys, what is wrong?
Any bay12 server I join, I get Connection Lost just a few nanoseconds before the connecting sign disappears. What's wrong?
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: May 21, 2010, 10:49:13 am »

Murder.  You just haven't seen an acceptable act of it yet.  Most people just do it because "lol I thot this was fiting gaem" or "I wanted his gun/ID".  Not everyone in the game will have perfect scruples, and Nanotrasen's hiring method isn't perfect(Syndicate agents wouldn't get onboard otherwise).  Saying murder is completely unroleplayable at all is kind of extreme.  Just make sure they don't have any real motive for murder before you go on the ban offensive.

Prison used to have its own crew too.  They were responsible for looking after dangerous inmates.  There was a recreational area for inmates that you were strongly suggested to let them use.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 950