Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809091 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12600 on: May 20, 2010, 06:51:58 am »

Hint: the server list seems to have issues updating. To force it to update, change the game category to something else temporarily, and *then* it will appear.
Eh?
Eh!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: May 20, 2010, 07:00:29 am »

Great round. Lasted four hours, and we averaged four people at any given time. I figured out that the Captain (Random Players) was the traitor after her fast sabotage, but nobody would believe me. I prevented her from using the shuttle once, and then she cornered Geshud in the engine room and was all "Hey guys, found this guy snooping". I had stolen the spare ID fairly early on, so when I ran down to tase and arrest her, Boris spotted me and tased ME instead. I finally convinced Boris Berko to let me go, but he left me locked in the security room, with only my backpack, which contained handcuffs, medkits, my HoM ID, and a hand tele. I used the hand tele to port out and died in space.

The game kept going until the station eventually collapsed in on itself. Geshud died in a horrible flaming death when his path to the shuttle was blocked by a wall, another guy was flung into space, and Boris died in a gunfight on board the shuttle. The Traitor Captain laughed her laugh and succeeded in stealing a plasma bomb.

Lasted about 4 hours.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: May 20, 2010, 07:04:49 am »

Holy, four hours, that has to be a record. I pity the first man that died.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: May 20, 2010, 07:16:24 am »

Holy, four hours, that has to be a record. I pity the first man that died.

Check. I went to get some food, by the time I came back, I was in a coffin in outer space. But it was fun while it lasted.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: May 20, 2010, 12:51:44 pm »

4 hours isn't long, I played a round that lasted well over 7.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:55 pm »

No server?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:12 pm »

Im pretty much able to host 24/7 - I got 1.3 mbit upload. But I got no files - waiting for googl to give me a binary.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

exoleet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »

It's a challenge to maintain a populated server, but maybe there's a niche of people who enjoy a more structured experience.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: May 20, 2010, 01:56:29 pm »

Im pretty much able to host 24/7 - I got 1.3 mbit upload. But I got no files - waiting for googl to give me a binary.

If googol's already said he'll send you the binaries, you could contact me on steam to get them too (steam: topkasa)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: May 20, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »

I've played this game for about 10 hours.  It's damn fun.  So here's my review.

The: It's so close, I can almost taste it.  Review.
So I'm a new player and I want to play Space Station 13.  Fine,  I join a server, and then gasp and drool at the number of explicity gruesome ways I can die or cause extreme problems.  Then proceed to read the rules: Roleplay, dont grief.  Easy, I thought to myself.  As I proceed to play the game.

But then my mood sinks, how do I play?  I eventually get the hang of moving items and picking them up.  But only after some extreme confusion.  So I ask "How do I play?" or "How do I do >Specific task X<"  To which I am responded with silence.  Or, if I'm on the goon server, "OMG USE OOC CHAT YOU FUCKING PRICK."  I scratch my head for a minute.  Well I guess I'll have to learn through trial and error.

So I end up getting warped into a room randomly from a spacial annomaly.  Eureka!  A new learning experience, I exclaim to myself.  As I proceed to dismantle the reinforced wall.  Except learning how to do this was extremely frustrating, first I had to use the wirecutters, the screwdriver, the welder, the crowbar, the wrench, the welder again, the crowbar again, screw driver again, wirecutters again, then finally: the crowbar again.

At which point I get warned by an admin, because apparently I had been warped into the main oxygen storage tank for the entire station and had unwittingly vented all the stations spare air into space.

So if I ask questions; I get silence, if I experiment; I get yelled at.  The learning curve has turned sharply up, however the depth of things to play with will keep me playing, and what I would love to see is the ability to construct an entire station from scratch.  If it exists, there should be a way to construct it.

That is all.

Edit:  No wait, I have a serious question:  Why aren't our servers graphics as awesome as the goon server.  I hate having to choose between the awesome base gameplay and the awesome community.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:19:19 pm by Qloos »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12610 on: May 20, 2010, 03:21:18 pm »

If it exists, there should be a way to construct it.

Exactly my opinion.
Eh?
Eh!

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:30 pm »

Our graphics aren't as good as theirs because we have different people working on it, and maybe we just aren't as great.

We're slowly improving our graphics though.  Lastly, if you're asking how to play on the BS12 servers, we usually do try to help, but have a look at http://baystation12.co.cc/ , there's a wiki there that should help.  Same goes for wikistation 13, the goons' wiki (which is still somewhat relevant to our build)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:44 pm »

..you are on the Bay12 forums...and complaining about GRAPHICS? Wha?!

Also, you can adminhelp or OOC questions on Baystation, I try to help everyone.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: May 20, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »

It's not that big of a stretch. We actually downgraded our graphics when we put those new doors in. Everybody who joined up last night commented on how shitty our graphics were. It's fine that we're not focusing on graphics, but don't replace our already good airlock sprites with whatever you did in five minutes with paint.

Qloos: That was basically my first experience with the game. A lot of people complain and say that the goon servers are full of griefy maniacs, but I went online yesterday afternoon during a Bay12 server dry spell, and it wasn't that bad, just not as roleplay-ey. The first time I loaded up the game, Denholm Jenkins knocked me out with space beer and carried me off to a distant corner of the station's maintenance tunnels, where I woke up wearing a monocle and a top hat. I went through the Wikistation 13 (this was long before we had Baystation12.co.cc) and found a useful tutorial for opening walls and picking doors. So, I go to the chapel (where it said I should go) to practice wall-opening. Proceed welding on the confession booth.

Security blitzes me, I spend the rest of the game in the brig.

I managed to figure it out by the time I was arrested, so I moved on to door picking next. Of course, the location of the insulated gloves is a secret that people hold close to their heart (I still don't know where they were in the old station layout, but if you're interested now, they're in the center, near the engine room, far left), so I died a few times. When I finally did get some insulated gloves by chance (I think I looted them off a dead body I walked past) and started playing with a door in a maintenance tunnel, the AI flagged me as a threat, security blitzed me, I spent the rest of the game in the brig.

Ironically, the game where I ran around smashing windows with crowbars had the other players reward me with a job in security.

Factor in bad experiences with a certain admin who abuses his powers to do things I don't agree with at all (whoops lawl blew us all up once I started to lose!), coupled with the insane level of rage players show if you actually get accused of griefing (see 20 pages ago in this thread where I tell a story about somebody admin-teleporting on top of me in the emergency shuttle in the last minute of the game, and I freak out, grab him by the neck, and toss him out. I had a bunch of people tell me how I should have been banned. And then I was like 'lolwut' because of all the crazy stuff they've done to me), it's easy to see why new players might shy away from this server. The only real difference, theme-wise, between B12 and Goonstation seems to be the level of roleplaying, which is quite good and worth coming back for.

Occasionally, however, you do get some very helpful people when you ask for things over OOC chat. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while you'll walk into a room where people who are playing are in a good mood and willing to answer your questions (and you don't even have to worry about them zeroing in on you as a newbie and chasing you down so they can weld you into a locker). So if you keep jumping on, it will eventually be great. Once you're a fairly experienced player, it becomes a lot better, though you're still always at the mercy of the oldbies.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: May 20, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »

Gah..which airlocks are you talking 'bout?

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 950