Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809298 times)

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12495 on: May 17, 2010, 10:37:57 am »

I've seen people die from getting pushed into walls. Admittedly, the one case I saw personally, it's possible the person had already taken some toxin damage from their job, and it was also a pretty huge pressure difference, but it does seem like people are wearing frictionless shoes or something with how easy it is to get pushed along.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: May 17, 2010, 10:57:20 am »

If you were slammed into a wall IRL from air, I'd like to see you live.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: May 17, 2010, 10:59:40 am »

Considering this is in space, and I'm still unclear as to how a flat surface has gravity when it clearly isn't a cylinder, and there is no gravity generator to blow up hinthint, I think the way decompression works is fine. Then again, I want to throw things to control my movement and pelt the annoying captain.

Also, we already have a gas system in place. It's called atmos, and they should flood the lines with every ounce of N20 they have to start the round. Incidentally, can we figure out a better system then those unmovable computers in atmos? Its a pain trying to do the tanks with them, and there is no where to put empties.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12498 on: May 17, 2010, 11:07:46 am »

Most of the air would pass around you, unless you occupied mose of the corridor, and I assmume that SS13's are at least large enough that you don't block all of the airflow by just standing there.

Maybe, then, giving everything a moment of immunity to the airflow and calling it friction/momentum would help, since smaller chambers would mostly fill too quickly to be deadly?
Eh?
Eh!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: May 17, 2010, 11:24:15 am »

If you lay prone intentionally would that make it harder for you to get pulled along, and act as if you were trying to grab things to prevent yourself from being sucked around? I mean, when you prone you auto-drop everything, so... you'd have hands free, right?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: May 17, 2010, 11:25:43 am »

Magnet boots. I remember qwerty made magnet boots.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: May 17, 2010, 11:28:19 am »

I don't think -everyone- would have magnet boots though??? Could be useful for EVA or some station repair/engineer...

EDIT: I still think the server should be called "bay station 12" so we can see it more immidiately...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:20:35 pm by OzyTheSage »

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: May 17, 2010, 11:30:53 am »

This is the same game where you can be bludgeoned over the head with a full toolbox and only have some cuts on your face to show for it, I'd say dying from wall impact indicates some pretty major bad juju.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: May 17, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

clearly isn't a cylinder,

How would it being a cylinder help? An object would have to be attached to be affected by centrapedal force, and if it is attached, why need centrapedal force?

I always assumed gravity was because we were orbiting a large body of plasma or something.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: May 17, 2010, 01:08:45 pm »

How would it being a cylinder help? An object would have to be attached to be affected by centrapedal force, and if it is attached, why need centrapedal force?

I always assumed gravity was because we were orbiting a large body of plasma or something.

It wouldn't need to be attached. And the force that would give the object its gravity, would be centrifugal, if I remember my physics correctly, centripetal is what makes them go in a circle instead of a straight line. Now, the earth is a nice example of this. People on the equator are going 40000/24 kmph, and don't notice it, and don't need to be attached. The same would be true with a constantly turning, cylindrical space station.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:05 pm »

There's no gravity generator on board since it hasn't been coded or anything.

Perhaps in the not-so-near future, we'll have one on board.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:46 pm »

What exactly would the gravity generator do gameplay wise? When it's turned off, when you're not touching a wall you just drift helplessly?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: May 17, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »

You'd behave as though you were in a zero g environment with regards to the floor. Still use walls to push off of and move along.

See Ringworld.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: May 17, 2010, 01:44:49 pm »

You could try to swim, or even blow to the opposite site you want to go... Though you'll need very strong lungs before it will have much effect.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: May 17, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »

You could try to swim, or even blow to the opposite site you want to go... Though you'll need very strong lungs before it will have much effect.

Turn on internals with no mask on, high power (1000?)

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 950